• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Back on Sept 26, the Pinball FX3 news feed on the Switch (in the US) announced a sale on the third Williams table pack. The sale has yet to materialize. Was the post a mistake? Did it go on sale in a different region (EU?) but not in the US?
According to reddit it was a mistake and only meant for the eu. Bummer. :(

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Kind of a dick move not to put the stuff on sale anyway.
Kind of how I felt. Could have been like "hey we didn't mean to but since you all got excited here you go!" Weak move.

So I'm like. All in on pinball lately. GF and I found a place nearby with a bunch of modern Stern machines and some old and we've gone so many times in the last few weeks. Black Knight 2019, and Batman 66 are my favs. Seriously haven't played physicall pinball in over 20 years. What a fun time!

I also snagged a bunch of tables on Pinball FX3 on steam as well. Is their a list anywhere of people here that play on pc? Would love to have some goals to shoot for.

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes

Creature from the Black Lagoon and Monster Bash coming Oct. 29. No idea of the price seeing as there is only two tables this time. Universal owns the property so might be more per table.

Last edited:

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely buying it but bummed it's only 2 as opposed to the usual 3 tables in the Williams packs. And I already have Monster Bash on Pinball Arcade, but it'll be nice to have a larger selection on Pinball FX

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely buying it but bummed it's only 2 as opposed to the usual 3 tables in the Williams packs. And I already have Monster Bash on Pinball Arcade, but it'll be nice to have a larger selection on Pinball FX

Monster Bash on TPA wasn't a very good recreation though and this inst actually volume 5 hence why its only 2 tables as its a bonus pack.....volume 5 will be back to having 3 tables.....and im guessing will be out before years end!

OP
OP
Shaneus

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Very interesting having Creech on there. My biggest question is if it has the song(s?) that were missing from the TPA version.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
I went to ENADA in Rome, played the IFPA's Italian tourney they organized there for the italian launch of Jurassic Park.
Came in 4th, tourney was on Addams Family, Indiana Jones ATLC, CftBLagoon, The Munsters, Roadshow and T2.

Lost the semi-final on Indy, 1 - 2 (best of 3) against imo a great 1,25 billion score.
For the record, mine was 400M 😝

Then I also lost the 3rd/4th place final on
Jurassic Park although I went in totally blind having never played a game on it while half those guys already owned a personal machine from the weekend before, lol.

Regardless, had a blast! Met Gary Stern and had a great chat with him, super down to earth and very affable man :)

QXR2lRv.jpg

TMX7dLa.jpg

9SHJghY.jpg

Last edited:

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
...oh and btw, The Munsters.

Holy smokes. Never, EVER, I would have imagined I could fall in love with a machine with such a license but man the gameplay and physical effects are AMAZING.
I think it might be my favorite "pinball renaissance era" table. Deffo in my top 3. If you even only hinted such a thing a week ago I would have burst out laughing.
Although I didn't play The Beatles table... cause I forgot and only remembered when it was too late 😭 and yeah, everything was on free play and since it was the last day of the ENADA there were no queues at all...

AceyPrime

May 16, 2018
I went to ENADA in Rome, played the IFPA's Italian tourney they organized there for the italian launch of Jurassic Park.
Came in 4th, tourney was on Addams Family, Indiana Jones ATLC, CftBLagoon, The Munsters, Roadshow and T2.

Lost the semi-final on Indy, 1 - 2 (best of 3) against imo a great 1,25 billion score.
For the record, mine was 400M 😝

Then I also lost the 3rd/4th place final on
Jurassic Park although I went in totally blind having never played a game on it while half those guys already owned a personal machine from the weekend before, lol.

Regardless, had a blast! Met Gary Stern and had a great chat with him, super down to earth and very affable man :)

QXR2lRv.jpg

TMX7dLa.jpg

9SHJghY.jpg
This is super cool - thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
Shaneus

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Well done in the comp, that's a pretty good placing considering it was a launch party... and the Italian comp scene is apparently pretty tough!

Great to put a face to the name, too :)

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Thanks guys! Really glad you
Yeah, I admit that I was a bit hesitant putting myself out there but hey at the end of the day who cares ;)

we don't have an arcades OT iirc so I might upload a few cool pics of the latest coin-ops/VR experiences later if that's something you might be interested in

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Taking a road trip tomorrow to try out munsters, iron maiden, and play some more black knight. I can't wait!

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
The Universal Monster tables are out and they are amazing. Another derivation of the flipper physics as well and you really notice the effect of the rubber.

PS4 delayed to Nov 5th due to a stuff up somewhere.

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
When they update the physics for the simulation tables (simulations of real tables), are they updated for all the other sim tables or do they have a different set of physics for each sim table release?

Not so far, it's because of the high score tables. Zen have received all sorts of nasty messages and threats for even contemplating changes that may effect some precious snowflakes ranking. At some point you may see a further set of score tables when they are happy with physics.

OP
OP
Shaneus

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Not so far, it's because of the high score tables. Zen have received all sorts of nasty messages and threats for even contemplating changes that may effect some precious snowflakes ranking. At some point you may see a further set of score tables when they are happy with physics.
That's such horseshit, the same thing happened with the tables on TPA. Some were updated, some were promised but weren't and remember how we were going to get proper emulation (and not scripted) of Firepower and Black Knight?

/rant

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
That's such horseshit, the same thing happened with the tables on TPA. Some were updated, some were promised but weren't and remember how we were going to get proper emulation (and not scripted) of Firepower and Black Knight?

/rant

Wait so the Williams tables all have slightly different physics? That's so silly.

OP
OP
Shaneus

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Wait so the Williams tables all have slightly different physics? That's so silly.
Some of them do (in Pinball Arcade), yes. I can't remember which ones exactly, but I'm sure they're mentioned in the table-specific bug tracker on the old TPA forums.
And they have different physics across different platforms. So the PC version is most up to date, but I don't think any of the others are.

Factory 1.21

Oct 29, 2017
Colorado, USA
Not so far, it's because of the high score tables. Zen have received all sorts of nasty messages and threats for even contemplating changes that may effect some precious snowflakes ranking.

Wow, that's sad and pathetic. I'd love to have some demographic info on these "precious snowflakes". I won't speculate.

In hindsight, the high score tables never should have been for all time. They could have just left that feature out and used tournaments exclusively.

Oct 27, 2017
Southend on Sea, UK
Monster Bash is one of the best dot matrix games. It has a great soundtrack and visuals. I find the play field and modes great fun and it is genuinely funny at times. The Mummy getting me giggling especially. In my opinion it's worth the price of entry for this table alone.

So, again in my opinion this is great because I find Creature from the Black Lagoon pretty mediocre. Don't hate it or anything but it never got its hooks into me on Pinball Arcade and hasn't here yet. Maybe I'm missing something and it might all click one day, but I wouldn't ever buy Creature to play, only to collect.

I should end this by saying I've never played either of these tables in real life, so maybe Creature just loses something in translation and people who played the real thing would view it quite differently.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Monster Bash is one of the best dot matrix games. It has a great soundtrack and visuals. I find the play field and modes great fun and it is genuinely funny at times. The Mummy getting me giggling especially. In my opinion it's worth the price of entry for this table alone.

So, again in my opinion this is great because I find Creature from the Black Lagoon pretty mediocre. Don't hate it or anything but it never got its hooks into me on Pinball Arcade and hasn't here yet. Maybe I'm missing something and it might all click one day, but I wouldn't ever buy Creature to play, only to collect.

I should end this by saying I've never played either of these tables in real life, so maybe Creature just loses something in translation and people who played the real thing would view it quite differently.

Same story as you , CFTBL never clicked, but lately, decide to give it a chance in TPA before buying it on FX3, and finally understand it, pretty easy to learn, while not as deep as Monster Bash, i finally hook. Keeping the multiball is the hard part, cause you want to do the rescue, get the jackpot, hit those bumpers and get the super jackpot, never manage to get the super jackpot! And on top of that, trying to shoot left ramp to increase the multiball multiplier is very hard, never actually done it.

Sad part for FX3, some songs are missing, so instead of hearing a different song with each ball, its only one of the song you hear with each ball. While it suck a bit, i think its still fun.

Give it a good chance, learn it, might click, for me it did!

Kramer

Oct 27, 2017
Sad part for FX3, some songs are missing, so instead of hearing a different song with each ball, its only one of the song you hear with each ball. While it suck a bit, i think its still fun.

TPA was the same at the beginning and they added the rest of the songs later. Hope they do too, love the tunes in Creature.

Kramer

Oct 27, 2017
They never added all the songs, there were one or two still missing at last release. And I don't think they added any since it was launched?

Just been through the TPA forum - yeah, that's right. Only Hand Jive and Red River Rock initially played, Farsight then fixed it to make Rock Around the Clock play. They never got the rights to Summertime Blues or Get A Job.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
So I moved my accounts to (yet another) Switch Lite and noticed that AC/DC Limited and Star Trek Limited are missing and there's no way to re-download them.

WTF!! 🤬😤

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Taking a road trip tomorrow to try out munsters, iron maiden, and play some more black knight. I can't wait!

Munsters is great. I would've never thought that I could fall in love with a licensed-theme table where I don't give a flying F about the IP and, to be completely honest, even despise it a little.

But it happened. Because it's amazing. The visuals, the screen (I usually don't care for LCDs tables), the sounds, the physical FXs, the playfield and gameplay. I love it. Have fun, I hear IM is also great and BK of course is BK...

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
So I moved my accounts to (yet another) Switch Lite and noticed that AC/DC Limited and Star Trek Limited are missing and there's no way to re-download them.

WTF!! 🤬😤
I had some weirdness with DLC for FX3 that I fixed by manually selecting to download it in the 'Redownload' section of the eShop on the account that purchased the DLC. Have you tried that? If you bought it on a different account from the main game, it's actually listed separately and has to be downloaded that way.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
I had some weirdness with DLC for FX3 that I fixed by manually selecting to download it in the 'Redownload' section of the eShop on the account that purchased the DLC. Have you tried that? If you bought it on a different account from the main game, it's actually listed separately and has to be downloaded that way.

yeah the problem is that the DLC has been unlisted and there is no trace of it anymore so I was able after looking at my accounts once again to find it for Stern PA at least (but no luck for TPA proper)... still, it's (a lot) better than nothing, thanks!

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Apologies for not really participating in the community for the last year but I took a long sabatical from the game in all its forms and wouldn't have had much to contribute.

Recently I've playing more and more, though, and well...

tenor.gif

First thoughts: Stern's Jurassic Park is their best game since Iron Maiden.

Funny thing, that...

Keith-Elwin-and-his-Archer-Pinball-game.jpg

gg Keith

Munsters is great. I would've never thought that I could fall in love with a licensed-theme table where I don't give a flying F about the IP and, to be completely honest, even despise it a little.

But it happened. Because it's amazing. The visuals, the screen (I usually don't care for LCDs tables), the sounds, the physical FXs, the playfield and gameplay. I love it. Have fun, I hear IM is also great and BK of course is BK...
Gotta say Munsters did nothing for me. Pro is outright boring. LE sufferes from the same choppin' wood problems as most mini-playfield games.

The whole table gives me a Batman 66 vibe, but I actually like 66 because the theme is so good and so well executed. I still get bored of 66 quick, though.

Going back to Jurassic Park, I think it's also Stern's best LCD presentation atm.

Although I actually haven't played or even seen Black Knight IRL. I guess I can't officially say JP is better till I do, but I definitely like it more than Munsters and Deadpool.

Iron Maiden is *chef kiss* and i don't even like the band Iron Maiden. It is good pinball music, though!

Last edited:

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
yeah the problem is that the DLC has been unlisted and there is no trace of it anymore so I was able after looking at my accounts once again to find it for Stern PA at least (but no luck for TPA proper)... still, it's (a lot) better than nothing, thanks!
Oh nuts, that's a good point. I haven't checked TPA since getting my new Switch.

OP
OP
Shaneus

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
So we had a big pinball event here in Melbourne the other week, and it meant that I got to try a bunch of games that I hadn't had the chance to play. The biggest surprise out of all of them was by far (imo) Black Knight SoR Pro. Upper Playfield on the the premium just made it too slow but the pro had this manic, pared-down feel to the layout that just reminded me of a classic 80s-era Steve Ritchie title, with a bit of the simplicity of No Fear.

I fucking loved it.

Played Houdini and Oktoberfest too, and definitely preferred the former more, shots just felt interesting in a way that kind of reminded me of Full Throttle.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Probly answered many times, but Im getting back into FX3 and wondered:

Do most people play singleplayer or classic? I really cant stand the point graphics popping up everywhere, but classic is rough.

What view do you play? I stick to 2 because I hate the POV changing constantly, but find myself switching to 4 so I can actually see whats at the top of the table.

Thanks! (edit: Monster Bash is great)

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
Probly answered many times, but Im getting back into FX3 and wondered:

Do most people play singleplayer or classic? I really cant stand the point graphics popping up everywhere, but classic is rough.

What view do you play? I stick to 2 because I hate the POV changing constantly, but find myself switching to 4 so I can actually see whats at the top of the table.

Thanks! (edit: Monster Bash is great)

I play 2 as well. Funnily my best scores by far in the 2 new tables are in the classic tournament physics. Last night I was 10th and 13th in the world in them. (steam only)