• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, hrs back! Not as regular as we'd like though. Sad to hear he split with Theresa, too :(

Still wonder why he doesn't think that poorly of Kaneda. There's no reason to think highly of him at all.

Woah, he split with Theresa? "Hangin in bed with Theresa" was always so stupid but fun! When did he announce that?

I'll have to sub and go back and start re-listening to things.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Going to give my opinion after nearly two weeks of playing IOS version of Williams Pinball

- First, if you are interested, atm, they got a deal for all 7 tables for 19,99$ ( 27,99$ CND ) . Very good if you dont want to go threw all in game challenges, addwatch, etc. Its a really good deal considering the price to buy the 7 tables with zen coins
- Grinding is hard at first, but going threw it daily, after a week or two, you can level up all 7 tables to grade 2, which give you the game basicly for free, playable in arcade mode ( as long as you have an internet connection )
- The first Basic challenge can be restsrted over and over for 25 tickets, cost you nothing. Doing the three level of the first challenge can give you 40 or over tickets, plus parts.
- The second Advanced challenge, with tables at lvl 2, is more rewarding, and comes with an addwatch to replay miss or achieve challenge. A bummer yeah, but it give you good tickets amount. It cost zen coins to restart it, i didnt bother
- The third Pro Challenge , with tables at lvl 3, is also more rewarding in tickets, but to replay you need to pay 15 tickets. Itsnpt really an issue unless you really bad. Restarting thr challenge cost also zen coins, didnt bother.
- Iv paid to unlock the Premium challenge. Its hard, but rewarding. More parts, some zen coins once in a while. Can give you tons of tickets. I manage to get 10 stars on Fish Tales, its very hard. It also cost 25 tickets to retry, 5 zen coins to restart it.
- You can get 50 free tickets per two hours in the store if you watch an add.
- The gameplay on my Ipad Air 2 is just great, i mean, i dump a bit my Switch version to play this! It look also a bit better imo. Swipe nudging is very responsive
- But, it doesnt look better if you got a newer machine. Friend got a Ipad Pro 2018, it doesnt make it with ball reflexion, lightning like on PS4, PC. Only difference i saw was maaaybe a better framerate, but it was hard to notice the difference.

Sure , all those add stuff sucks, but in a way, you can get with a bit of effort all your tables to lvl 2, and play them for free. And i dont need to remind you that this version on IOS simply smoke TPA if i need to do a comparison. Im not even sure ill go back to it... And hurry if you want the deal for 19.99$, its a limited time offer, so you wont bother eith chsllenge if you wish.( but at the same time, there seem to be a little bug which not all users are able to see the deal, like me, im not seeing. But iv seen it with my own eyes at friend house ).

Seriously, give it a try if you love it on console , Pc, and want it on mobile. It play just really great! Was mad at first the way they done it, but hey its very good.

clyde_

Nov 2, 2017
Has there been any news regarding more Pinball FX VR tables lately?
I hadn't played for a while and just enjoyed a great game of Earth Defense this morning.

Also, for those of you who play Zaccaria VR, is there a way to recenter the camera? I doesn't seem to work for me in the Zaccaria menus. I want it to put the table in front of whatever position I am in when I press the button.

Mr_Bubbles

Jan 28, 2018
The FX3 Bethesda Pinball pack is on sale in Europe (50%), at least on Switch.

Edit: also in the US (and Mexico *wink*).

Something very weird going on though, they raised the price of the Bethesda pack in several countries just before the sale. Canada is now cheapest at 5.50 Canadian dollars.

Last edited:

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I got to play some KISS this weekend. I didn't hate it, but the layout felt super skewed towards the deep back quarter. Also the kickout from the mouth is very drainy.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah! Cant wait to see other tables in the pack! No mather what, im very excited. I was not a fan at all of Black Rose and Party Zone at first, but they feel very great with the Zen engine, i love em way more than in TPA.

Crossing fingers for something new, like Space Invaders!

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PSN EU has a sale on tables.

- All Marvel, both small and large bundles.
- Bethesda
- Aliens Vs.
- Balls of Glory
- Jurassic World
- Universal Classics
- Williams Vol 1
- Carnival and Legends

I think that everything not Star Wars, Iron and Steel, Portal or Walking Dead.

Mr_Bubbles

Jan 28, 2018
Wow, a Williams tables discount on Switch woud be awesome but I'm not going to hold my breath, very small chance probably..

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
For those interested, there is a Space Invaders pinball machine in Captain Marvel!

I'm still kind of amused by how they faked the backglass. Space Invaders pinball art got nuked from orbit due to being an HR Giger Alien with very little editing, so while Captain Marvel included the pinball the backglass art was completely redrawn in a cartoonier style.

I actually Twitter-posted on this after seeing the movie, and bugged my wife about it because I know deep down she really wanted to know all the details-

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still kind of amused by how they faked the backglass. Space Invaders pinball art got nuked from orbit due to being an HR Giger Alien with very little editing, so while Captain Marvel included the pinball the backglass art was completely redrawn in a cartoonier style.

I actually Twitter-posted on this after seeing the movie, and bugged my wife about it because I know deep down she really wanted to know all the details-

Wow. I didnt even noticed that. I need to watch it again!

Btmmayor

Jun 4, 2018
New Zen Williams tables today and no new posts? Unfortunately I've only been able to play for a few minutes. Was hoping to see some impressions here.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
New Zen Williams tables today and no new posts? Unfortunately I've only been able to play for a few minutes. Was hoping to see some impressions here.
Downloading now...

Only played on PC so far.

Not much to say. Safe cracker feels small (and like, I know it is, but the default camera is zoomed out, selling that it's small, but I wish it was closer). I've never been a huge safe cracker or champion pub fan. The 'deluxe' graphics or whatever don't stand out a ton on those two tables either. Theater of Magic goes all out with sparkles and glowing purple balls and all that jazz if you enjoy such touches (and I do). It feels like that got all the love, and to be fair, that seems like a good call.

I'll check out the Switch versions at a later point.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shaneus

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. The left and right hook ramps seemed odd.
I don't think I hit them at all in the brief time I played them. There's a definite lack of polish in the feel of these tables compared to, say, Getaway, MM or AfM. They look fine (something seems a bit off though, which is bugging me) but yeah... just not quite right :/

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think I hit them at all in the brief time I played them. There's a definite lack of polish in the feel of these tables compared to, say, Getaway, MM or AfM. They look fine (something seems a bit off though, which is bugging me) but yeah... just not quite right :/

I feel like they changed something with the overall classic physics too. Even playing Getaway I was having a lot more trouble than usual with the Burning Rubber ramp.

Either way, I still much prefer the physics in FX3 over Pinball Arcade. The tables look waaaay better, and run at 165Hz on my monitor. I prefer real tables, so it used to be I either played uglier real tables with decent physics, or beautiful fake tables with light physics. With classic mode in FX3 on the Williams tables, it's the best of both worlds!

Also, humble brag: I'm currently 16th in the world at classic Safecracker. (I doubt that'll last too long. XD)

AceyPrime

May 16, 2018
Theater of Magic is fantastic - well worth the cost of DLC pack 3 for anyone considering it. Happy to support Zen as they release versions that are so much better than what we had with Pinball Arcade.

OP
OP
Shaneus

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
There's something definitely off about these new batch of tables (and fixes to old ones maybe). The skill shot on ToM is basically impossible to find on the flipper, and in general the chest is basically impossible to hit deliberately. Same goes with the scoop on Safe Cracker and the jabs on Champ Pub.

Getaway definitely feels different too, like there's even less friction on the ball and is harder to hit shots deliberately as well. Whatever they've adjusted, I don't dig at all.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Theatre of Magic's shots are clicking with me super hard - amazing table. 1 ball challenge seems ridiculous, though. Breezed to 15 stars on both the others but I'm topped out at around 10 for that.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Played a bunch of Safecracker hot seat on Xbox One X... And the flippers broke in about one in three games. Every other input would keep working. Very strange bug. When it happened the ball would regularly get stuck on the Centre lane at the top too and you'd have to tilt the crap out of the table to get it out.

OP
OP
Shaneus

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I had a problem, I think it was on Switch, where the music on Getaway just stopped playing. SFX and the small music tracks played, but that was it.

And another where all the GI on Champ Pub was turned off. Or on, or something. I can't remember. But it seems far less solid than when it was first launched.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I had a problem, I think it was on Switch, where the music on Getaway just stopped playing. SFX and the small music tracks played, but that was it.

And another where all the GI on Champ Pub was turned off. Or on, or something. I can't remember. But it seems far less solid than when it was first launched.
I'll be checking out the Switch version tonight. I wonder if the issue with the flippers breaking on Safecracker was caused by 'tilting' the table after player one drained, before player two started playing (or vice versa). We were passing back a pad. It's possible the stick was getting bumped. Still, since once it happens the flippers won't work until the end of the game, I hope they fix it whatever it is. Like I say, it happened one in three games we played.

HF2014 Thank you for the tip on how to find the pack.

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
Safecracker is a wild one, I really need to learn it. Just banging the ball around at random results in game over super quick.

I have had a small bug on Champions Pub where occasionally a trigger pull(flipper) is not registered. Haven't noticed it on any other table.

Last edited:

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
I think iv noticed the trigger problem not registering too, playing on IOS atm. Will report it on zen's forums.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Safecracker is a wild one, I really need to learn it. Just banging the ball around at random results in game over super quick.

I have had a small bug on Champions Pub where the occasionally a trigger pull(flipper) is not registered. Haven't noticed it on any other table.
Yeah, don't hit the ramp until lock is lit (or the computer is offline). Burns five minutes of your timer each time you hit it at the start of the game!

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, don't hit the ramp until lock is lit (or the computer is offline). Burns five minutes of your timer each time you hit it at the start of the game!

Didn't notice this, thanks for the heads up!

It's pretty amazing how much more fun pinball is when you actually understand the rules and progression of a table. It kind of turns each table into a Rogue-like. I'm amazed there are people who enjoy pinball but never bother to check out how a game is played. All power to them, of course, but I feel like you're only getting 25% of the experience that way.

OP
OP
Shaneus

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
ZgLiFEM.jpg