• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
So, in the audition scene, you have to read your lines and remember them. The problem is, here's what it looks like on Switch (my own screenshot):

DhYBo8-VAAASo83.jpg

Compared to other versions (best screenshot I could find)

wolfenstein-2-the-new-colossus.png

As you can see, it's impossible to read the lines from the paper. This kind of ruins the scene for me :(

Thankfully, I've already played through the game before, but still. You'd think they have QA'd this scene to make sure this texture is specifically legible.

Here's the full scene for context, if you somehow entered this thread despite not having played it:

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
I'd had very little issue with the resolution up until that singular moment. Wish they'd gone out of their way to make that one moment sharper, or found another workaround to feed you the lines.

OP
OP
spam musubi

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
I'd had very little issue with the resolution up until that singular moment. Wish they'd gone out of their way to make that one texture legible, or found another workaround to feed you the lines.

Yeah, I actually haven't had any major problems with the game (except the courtroom scene having major framerate drops) beyond this, as it's been mostly acceptable even if low res, but this is a small closed-off room, and perhaps the most important texture in the game.

Oct 27, 2017
Speaks to how nutty this game's story is that I read 'pivotal scene' and ten different scenes flashed through my mind.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
LOL oh wow

The "I gotta write this down" subtitle looks like a punchline under that texture. It's like BJ forgot his reading glasses.

Tiopes

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is really hilarious. And kinda worrying as it would mean that nobody tested it.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how this got through QA consider progressing literally relies on the texts being legible.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy. You'd think they'd do something like up the resolution at this moment enough to read it.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
lmao

there's no other way to get the lines from the script? Likes subs or something? How do you pass this part successfully?
The correct choices are pretty obvious given the context of the scene. It's just funny that you can't be sure and that they didn't of a solution to show that script at a high enough res to be legible.

WieDerrickWie

Jul 4, 2018
I'm going to guess this was a big oversight and could eventually be patched or it's going to stay as is.

It seems like one simple yet big oversight, though.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
So that's why he can't remember the script.