• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Matty H

Oct 31, 2017
Just found this thread and thought I would say that I miss Ethan. How am I supposed to find out which games have uncapped spending these days?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
The Reimi description of Spider-verse fucking killed me. I was listening in the shower and had to sit down I was laughing so hard.

Oct 25, 2017

Good luck on whatever comes next, CJ!

(and happy birthday Phil)

Edit: Jeez, I just listened to the podcast and had now idea about Greg. Very sorry for your loss.

Last edited:

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
Good luck CJ with whatever you decide to do. I selfishly hope that whatever you end up doing let you continue doing the podcast.

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
now that SuperPac is outta the job, he can focus full time on P1P, which means bringing back interviews, Dormerbot, a reliable 4th chair, and Game Club 🙌

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
Ep 640 just dropped. Loved Kevin doting on the Yakuza series, there's never enough promotion for that franchise.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
It really is an incredible series. Yakuza 0 was tied with Nier: Automata for my GotY 2017.
I can't think of another video game series that incorporates actor likeness like Yakuza does. It really gives it heavier, cinematic feel when you're seeing a 1:1 representation of the voice actor, and not some generated uncanny doll.

And I mean, they have an actual legacy tattoo artist to design all of their games' tattoos. The amount of effort and detail throughout the whole series is just mind-boggling.

Oct 25, 2017
Where's this battle pass you mentioned for Apex, CJ? I can't find it and I'd be all over it if I could because its that good.

Oct 25, 2017
I do appreciate it when podcasts I listen to use chapter markers, and I figure I'm not alone in that. :D Sadly I don't think many other gaming podcasts do...

The fact that some podcasts don't even list the games they talk about is annoying. You've been great with that since forever, so much so that I can go to the site and find every episode where you talk about a particular game. It's appreciated.

OP
OP
SuperPac

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
The fact that some podcasts don't even list the games they talk about is annoying. You've been great with that since forever, so much so that I can go to the site and find every episode where you talk about a particular game. It's appreciated.

Thanks! As someone who listens to a lot of podcasts and appreciates a good list of links in the show notes I try to get everything in there. The only times I don't are if I'm pressed for time while editing or when I'm editing on the road where internet access isn't great (like what will probably happen this upcoming week!).

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
Hearing them talk about JRPGs makes me wonder if any of them tried World of Final Fantasy. I am 10 hours in on the Switch, and so far It is a fun pokemon-like with fantastic music. I feel like they would like it, but who can say.

Oct 25, 2017
Sunsetted to gacha heaven, but not forgotten (read the whole twitter thread for Ethan, Mike, Greg, and Phil, and warning: it goes on for a while):

mik

Oct 25, 2017
You have to pay 99¢ to unlock additional, random tweets in that discussion.

Innuendo84

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pumped about apple arcade. For me it's not a subscription service. You can always cancel, so your're not stuck with it for 1 year. I image using this service once in a while for one month, where there is nothing to play on other console.

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
Maybe because none of us are primarily PC gamers? Using another store or launcher on PC for me is not a big thing - I already do. Steam, W10 store, Origin, EGS, Twitch, Discord... and the few games I have that aren't via launchers like Dauntless.

I don't see the EGS and Steam as merely launchers or storefronts - I see them as platforms on hardware that allows more than one platform to exist. Valve and Steam console-ized the PC experience by giving them a unitary platform like Sony or Microsoft might for a console. Imagine a world where it would be possible for Epic to launch EGS on something like a PS4, then work as hard as they have to deprive Sony of powerful 3rd party games. I don't think that would be a good thing.

I will never give the time of day to a company that tries to forcefully compel my business. They have to earn it.

And not all review bombing is created equal. While the mad internet-tough-guy bombings on RT and Metacritic and the like are screeches of people that may or may not have experienced the thing in question, Steam reviewers are paying customers.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe because none of us are primarily PC gamers? Using another store or launcher on PC for me is not a big thing - I already do. Steam, W10 store, Origin, EGS, Twitch, Discord... and the few games I have that aren't via launchers like Dauntless.
It's very low effort to use another launcher, the discourse about the EGS on enthusiast sites is just completely bananas.

mik

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine a world where it would be possible for Epic to launch EGS on something like a PS4, then work as hard as they have to deprive Sony of powerful 3rd party games.

And not all review bombing is created equal. While the mad internet-tough-guy bombings on RT and Metacritic and the like are screeches of people that may or may not have experienced the thing in question, Steam reviewers are paying customers.
These are bad takes. Bordering on hot garbage. Defensive hot garbage.

Neuromancer

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
Yeah but you should still get mad out of solidarity with your fellow gamers. What kind of show are you running here anyway?

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
How is it that my two favorite podcasts (the other being Giant Bomb) have yet to mention River City Girls yet? Surely Phil would be excited for this game. Y'all also forgot the newest Shantae from awhile back.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
How is it that my two favorite podcasts (the other being Giant Bomb) have yet to mention River City Girls yet? Surely Phil would be excited for this game. Y'all also forgot the newest Shantae from awhile back.

Have we really not talked about River City Girls? Cripes. That game looks like a ton of fun. I will definitely be picking that up when it comes out.

OP
OP
SuperPac

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
We did mention River City Girls. In episode 661, it was a News topic. There is a link to the trailer in the show notes. I believe we were all quite interested in playing it.

Prince Abubu

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019
United States
The quiz from the 663 bonus episode had too many clues that described tons of different potential answers exactly. Just some constructive criticism in case that listener makes more in the future.