• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
For the Switch, folks should look for 3rd party exclusives. That was an under rated gem about the Wii.

The trouble with this is, SW doesn't really have the kind of 3rd party exclusives that Wii had. Not the quantity by a long shot and also not the types of games.

It has ports of some 3rd party games but we just had some data that something like 85% of the total game sales come from Nintendo's own games. And ports just aren't anywhere near as interesting as exclusives built from the ground up for the system would be, imo.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it's funny how much microsoft botched the start of this gen and how much it's still paying it to this day

CrocoDuck

Oct 28, 2017
0e3.gif

Still the king after all these years. ABAP BABY!!

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
PS4 gaining more revenue than both Nintendo and Microsoft (almost) combined is just crazy to think about. Its setting them up quite nicely for Next Gen on many fronts.

I think the big question for next gen is, can Sony keep their momentum from PS4 to PS5 with a smooth transition. Or will they somehow go crazy and create another $599 moment?

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
I wonder where it ends up. I'm guessing around 100 by summer and maybe 107 by this time next year roughly. So plus or minus a million or two where the GameBoy games finished at 119. I cannot see the PS4 selling 30 million after the PS5 launches until the PS4 is discontinued, but it should easily be the third best selling console of all time. Very impressive.