• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

First I've seen/heard of this. Sorry if its old news and I missed the thread here somehow, but what is this?

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Isnt this those awards PS Japan gives to the most selling games of the year? Weird that they're showing it on the english Playstation Youtube though.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the PlayStation Awards is an annual ceremony where PlayStation Japan gives awards for the best selling games of the year in Asia plus some user awards, but I'm not sure the ceremony was ever streamed on the western channel like here. There is usually no announcement during the event, before anyone ask. You can find the results for the 2018 edition here.

For sure, December 3 is also a special date, so who knows if they wont give us a little something.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
perfect time after black friday for them brag about their sales. and a gender reveal of the ps5 prototype.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
-Horizon: Next Dawn
-God of War Tveir
-Bloodborne 2
-FFXVI
-Agent
-Silent Hills
-Soul Reaver Rebirth
-Resistence 4

...am I doing it right?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
This is an annual SIE Japan event for sales milestones in the Asia region.
HOWEVER , seems like this year's event is going to be streamed globally, unlike previous years, might it be just SIE globalization processes? Celebration of PlayStation's 25th anniversary? Probably those too reasons actually, yep, there is going to be absolutely nothing interesting about this.
Seriously though, you will be hella disappointed if you expect literally anything out of this.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The PlayStation Awards has been held annually since 1995, and recognizes the PlayStation versions of hit titles sold across the Japan and Asia regions. This year's awards show was announced on October 16. These are the award categories:
  • Platinum Prize: Software titles (DL) with an accumulated shipment quantity (including download quantity) of over one million copies.
  • Gold Prize: Software titles (DL) with an accumulated shipment quantity (including download quantity) of over 500,000 copies.
  • PlayStation Network Award: Top three network sales titles will be awarded (from October 1, 2018 to September 30, 2019).
  • PlayStation 25th Anniversary Users' Choice Award: Top five titles which have won PlayStation Awards in the last 24 years will be voted by Japan and Asia users.
  • PlayStation VR Award: Three titles that contributed to the sales of PlayStation VR (from October 1, 2018 to September 30, 2019). *Excluding last year's winning titles.
  • Indies & Developer Award: Three titles that contributed to the expansion of PlayStation (from October 1, 2018 to September 30, 2019). *Excluding last year's winning titles.
Awards site:

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
Are you saying they will finally release PS1 games on PS4? Because I'm hyped.
I was commenting on PSErebus hyping up Sony doing something on Dec. 3 as if only an insider could guess that Sony would do something, anything (since the tweet is super, ultra vague) on the 25th anniversary of the Playstation.

I'd like to see them add PS1 on PS4, and that would be a good time to do it. But so would when they put out the 20th anniversary PS1-themed PS4.

Maybe Sony cares about BC now, who knows. If they're working on full BC for the PS5, they should have the PS1 emulator ready by now and it should run fine on the PS4. But they might want to save it all for the PS5, if they're even bothering to go back past the PS4.

tldr; I agree with modiz, it's most likely just Playstation consolidating regions, and PSErebus being able to read a calendar.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't think there will be anything much besides the awards. Gonna have to head to bed soon too anyway.

Nice music video opener though.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
So this is dubbed...but they didn't translate all this long list of text

EDIT: aw yeah my baby Vita

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Dat PS2 boot sound...
giphy.gif

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I wish I could read Japanese. I should have stuck with it in college (dropped the course after a week like the moron I am).

These nostalgic sounds though, getting me.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah it's the PSP and the Vita
Monster Hunter Portable heh and Persona 4 Golden, yeah those are quite appropriate for those two.
Also could make out Dragon Quest, Atelier series, Revengeance and FFIX, plus a bunch of others as they cycled through.

So this is dubbed...but they didn't translate all this long list of text

EDIT: aw yeah my baby Vita
Is it going to be?
Edit: Oh guess that's a yes