• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Was it only me kinda thrilled to see all Playstation games through different generations and hoping to see some kind of teaser about a PS5 game?

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
It's funny how some of you see Kutaragi. To me, he's the guy that nearly wrecked the company with PS3. I have no fond thoughts about him.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny how some of you see Kutaragi. To me, he's the guy that nearly wrecked the company with PS3. I have no fond thoughts about him.
He's still Playstation's dad. Nobody said he's a good person. Hironobu Sakaguchi hates the guy because he apparently said something so fucked up to him that he said he'll take it with him to the grave. Doesn't make the PS1's design for instance any less incredible.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Damn nice picks

He's still Playstation's dad. Nobody said he's a good person. Hironobu Sakaguchi hates the guy because he apparently said something so fucked up to him that he said he'll take it with him to the grave. Doesn't make the PS1's design for instance any less incredible.
This. Still gotta recognize how he got everything started.
And both PS1 and PS2's hardware were pretty huge.

Last edited:

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019

It could also be to do with when you came on board. I was never a fan of PS1 or 2. Compared to gaming on PC at 1024x768 at the time, they looked shit and I could never get past the graphics.
My first was PS3 and despite its wackiness, I loved it.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Yes, Kutaragi is lead system architect. Cell is back
tenor.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Users Choice:

The Last of Us Remastered
Persona 5
Nier Automata
Dragon Quest XI
Monster Hunter World
God of War
Spider-Man

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
It could also be to do with when you came on board. I was never a fan of PS1 or 2.
My first was PS3 and despite its wackiness, I loved it.

the PS1 is a beauty of design in its heyday for its simplicity and efficiency (and great audio to boot for its time). It's only during PS2 and PS3 that the design went truly wacked, earning kutaragi his nickname of 'crazy'. The sega saturn in contrast was basically like the PS3 with chips bolted on last minute while the N64 was great crippled from its initial conception. The PS1 is the only system in the 32bit/64bit era that is actually effective and efficient for its price.

Also, if you love the audio of SNES games, then you need to thank crazy ken as well because he developed the SNES audio chip.

Warukyure

Banned
Feb 23, 2019
I wish SE took he opportunity to at least announce they are gonna fix the sound track to DQ11... Or offer DLC for features.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
King Jimbo is there ready to unleash the PS5 into the world (not really).