• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Did you try to convert your iso into a PBP? That's made every game that had trouble running work for me on the PSC.
All of mine with the exception of In The Hunt are PBPs. I should clarify that with these games, they play fine EXCEPT no music. I wonder if anyone has been able to get TM2 or Ridge Racer to play with the music (the music actually plays in game, music works on the TM2 menu screen but not on stage).

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Just remember to use an appropriate text editor, like notepad++. I dont know how huge a difference it would make to edit with a normal text editor but I wouldnt fuck with it, personally.

It isnt even that hard to find, per game, either. Let's say you wanted to edit the clock speed on crash bandicoot. First, install the game. Now, unplug your usb from the classic and plug it into your pc. The file structure on your usb would go as such:
ROOT
Games
(Whatever number your game is installed inside of)
You will know at this point if this is or isnt the right folder because, though bleemsync shows your game by the name its serial is associated with, your bin and cue will retain the same name as it had before you installed it.
.pcsx
And heres where the pcsx.cfg lives.
Open this up in notepad++, change the clock speed setting, save, and plug your USB back in to the classic. Done and done.
Ah, it's that simple eh? Ok, cool.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
All of mine with the exception of In The Hunt are PBPs. I should clarify that with these games, they play fine EXCEPT no music. I wonder if anyone has been able to get TM2 or Ridge Racer to play with the music (the music actually plays in game, music works on the TM2 menu screen but not on stage).
I could have sworn that RR works fine. I'll have to double check it later tonight.
I no longer have TM2 so I can't confirm that.
And In The Hunt works fine as a PBP (I was actually playing it a lot last week).

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
On your USB drive, find the folder with the game installed you want to run better. Open the pcsx.cfg in a text editor that respects proper line endings, like Notepad++. Edit the line "psx_clock = 39" to "psx_clock = 54". Save and upload/overwrite the one on the usb. This will help with game performance. I've used the 54 setting with all games without issue so far.
I just read that 64 is the highest it can go, which is 100% speed, and people also suggested 55. The results were better for most games as well with those values.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I could have sworn that RR works fine. I'll have to double check it later tonight.
I no longer have TM2 so I can't confirm that.
And In The Hunt works fine as a PBP (I was actually playing it a lot last week).
I should clarify that I meant all of my PS1 games are in PBP format except In The Hunt. It works fine, music and everything, its just a Bin Cue thing.
ALSO: has anyone gotten Doom or Final Doom to work? Mine never gets past the initial load screen.

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I just read that 64 is the highest it can go, which is 100% speed, and people also suggested 55. The results were better for most games as well with those values.
Reading up a little more myself, yeah, 55 seems to be safe though it does mess up on some games, like final fantasy 7, whereas 54 does not. Also, pal games cant go over 46. Normally, this wouldnt make a difference, since all my games are ntsc but, apparently, some games like destruction derby are basically just pal converted and run by the same runs. Every game I own that has the green blue CD reproduction warning, despite being ntsc, cant be put over 46. I was wondering why San Francisco rush was freaking out on me.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Reading up a little more myself, yeah, 55 seems to be safe though it does mess up on some games, like final fantasy 7, whereas 54 does not. Also, pal games cant go over 46. Normally, this wouldnt make a difference, since all my games are ntsc but, apparently, some games like destruction derby are basically just pal converted and run by the same runs. Every game I own that has the green blue CD reproduction warning, despite being ntsc, cant be put over 46. I was wondering why San Francisco rush was freaking out on me.
Oh wow, that's weird. I guess 54 is for the best then.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
I should clarify that I meant all of my PS1 games are in PBP format except In The Hunt. It works fine, music and everything, its just a Bin Cue thing.
ALSO: has anyone gotten Doom or Final Doom to work? Mine never gets past the initial load screen.
Well, converting it to a PBP will save you some space so why not? ;)
I know RR works but I'll confirm the music if it plays as it should on a real PS1.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
RR works fine for me. I am using bin/cue files

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
Update: I didn't actually rip my RR to use as I only have the R4 bonus disc with 60FPS RR with me (which does work perfectly fine).
I'm guessing that the rip of your RR may have been bad or something like I saw a few pages back, multiple data tracks (probably CD audio in RR's case). Try to re-rip it or use a program to combine everything. That should solve the issue (and PBP it too).

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Played my first game from start to finish on the psx classic: Klonoa. Enjoyed it very much. A very underrated game.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
It starts off as a cutesy platformer but switches later to a darker story. That also comes with a difficulty spike. The last 2 chapters were tough including the final boss.
That sounds great actually, it's one series I wanted to get into too. I only own the 2nd game.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this is the best place to ask, since i'm newish to using retroarch, what are the best cores/ emulators to use in it (aka like optimized for the ps classic )? Like i've seen some people use dreamcast emulation for some games, i've tried one but i'm assuming either A) crazy taxi just wont run well and its more a 2d based games run good on it, or i've messed up somehow. Got psp and psx games to run good though (and found a site showing me that i had to alter the core to run differently for Brave Fencer Musashi as it cant run the intro for some reason :P ) also using AutoBleem if that matters.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
Not sure if this is the best place to ask, since i'm newish to using retroarch, what are the best cores/ emulators to use in it (aka like optimized for the ps classic )? Like i've seen some people use dreamcast emulation for some games, i've tried one but i'm assuming either A) crazy taxi just wont run well and its more a 2d based games run good on it, or i've messed up somehow. Got psp and psx games to run good though (and found a site showing me that i had to alter the core to run differently for Brave Fencer Musashi as it cant run the intro for some reason :P ) also using AutoBleem if that matters.
What adjustments did you make? (I noticed something was off when I played it via whatever core Autobleem uses).

Edit: does anyone know what core Autobleem uses?

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I ended up being disappointed by this... I hoped that, at least on native resolution, the modded classic was able to run games at solid 30fps, but this isn't the case, at all :/

Tried to raise the clock too but nothing change.

(example, CTR runs like crap, under 30fps almost all the time)

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I ended up being disappointed by this... I hoped that, at least on native resolution, the modded classic was able to run games at solid 30fps, but this isn't the case, at all :/

What did you change the clock to?

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Tried 70-80-85-90 and so I think, nothing change.
Do you have any advice in this regard? Is it actually possible to have steady framerate on PSX emulator?
Thanks!
Wait, are you changing the clock in an ini file or the emulator itself? Because I read that using the clock speed 54 for psx_clock in an ini file works well for most games with Bleemsync.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal

Something is wrong on your side. I am running CTR at full speed on my ps classic. This thing more powerful than a pi3 and pi3 run psx well.

Last edited:

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
Is the classic capable of playing ps1 games at a higher resolution? Autobleem is working great but it's tough to look at ps1 games sometimes.

Hyaku Shiki

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a fast way to make your own playlists? I notice many skips in my scanned stuff, not to mention how long it takes.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I just got myself a PS Classic. I use a 16GB Sandisk Cruzer Glide and it worked perfectly!

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Testing more games, it's been pretty much flawless for me so far.
The only games I've had trouble so far are Musashi which crashes abd deketed my saves and Vanark which always crashes after beating the 2nd boss.
I am currently playing through Pacman World and it works perfectly. Miss those 3d plaformers so much.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
The only games I've had trouble so far are Musashi which crashes abd deketed my saves and Vanark which always crashes after beating the 2nd boss.
I am currently playing through Pacman World and it works perfectly. Miss those 3d plaformers so much.
Ah, that's pretty crazy. But I would try Pacman World too.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
Is the classic capable of playing ps1 games at a higher resolution? Autobleem is working great but it's tough to look at ps1 games sometimes.

Yes. But it is still a low power device so don't expect wonders.

You will be able to see an improvement (2X resolution) in 3D games (less jaggies) but you will also get massive slowdown when explosions and transparencies are used. Some games run great, some don't. Experiment on a game by game basis.

I recomend to leave it off and just use a Scanlines Overlay on top to smooth the image a bit.

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
So using autobleem and trying to save my settings on a game by game basis and it's not saving after selecting the save config option. Every time I boot a game back up I have to mess with the settings.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
I upgraded to Bleemsync 1.1 and RetroArch using this guide:

But I have a problem. The games (other than the PS1 games) are not showing up in my library (Playlist) in RetroArch. They load fine through "Load Content" (and run great), but when trying to "Import Content, a library directory for that system is not appearing. I go to the SNES folder, I scan it (and I see the files are being registered in the progress bar at the bottom, though perhaps too fast?), but when I go back, nothing (unlike in the video where an SNES folder appears). Anyone else experience this?

I went through the same process a few months ago (using AutoBleem) and it worked just fine with the exact same files.

EDIT - might have solved the issue, sorry to bother you all

Last edited:

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

One game-breaking bug I experienced during the PSC launch was with Xenogears.

During the Deus boss fight, when he does a specific attack (obligatory), the game will freeze and it'll stay that way until you close it. Apparently this was a known bug with the PS1 PC emulation back then, since the version of PCSX on the PSC is relatively old, the bug followed.

I had to extract my save file from the PSC, transfer it on PC, kill the boss on EPSXE, return the file to the PSC, then I was good until the end.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
One game-breaking bug I experienced during the PSC launch was with Xenogears.

During the Deus boss fight, when he does a specific attack (obligatory), the game will freeze and it'll stay that way until you close it. Apparently this was a known bug with the PS1 PC emulation back then, since the version of PCSX on the PSC is relatively old, the bug followed.

I had to extract my save file from the PSC, transfer it on PC, kill the boss on EPSXE, return the file to the PSC, then I was good until the end.

Shit was pretty widespread, even when trying to play the actual disk on certain PS2/3s. Seem to remember people even finding ways of getting Deus to not do that attack, but even that was random and just was constant resets and rewatching the big ass cutscene before it.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
When I upload Tekken 3 it doesnt show. Is it because of the crappy version already included? i am using bleemsync

Atilac

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The classic is on sale for 25 bucks at bestbuy, I'm new to this topic, any hacking guides? recommended hardware like SD card readers that work well?

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Why are you playing the PS1 games through retroarch? Autobleem and even bleemsync run them perfectly.
Didn't know that, I tried and the games runs much better, steady 30fps on native resolution and overclock, thanks.

Sadly they can't mantain 30fps on double resolution too but it's better then nothing.

Other games have severe slowdowns even with native and overclock, like Silent Bomber, but I guess it's an intense game.

Now I'm trying a bit of Mame on Retroarch and I would like to do some overclock for Gun Force 2.
I can on PC with MameUI64 but can't find anything similar on PS Classic.
Can anyone help, please?
Thanks <3