• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
With it modded it's 95% perfect, except I can't get Legend of Mana to recognize any control inputs. If that were the case, then it would be 100% perfect. So close...

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I've had this since launch and I think it's finally time to mod it, as well as my SNES classic. I've got a two pack of OTG adapters in my cart. Any recommended USB drives for either of the consoles?

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I've had this since launch and I think it's finally time to mod it, as well as my SNES classic. I've got a two pack of OTG adapters in my cart. Any recommended USB drives for either of the consoles?
Sandisk. However, getting a micro sd card reader that does USB 2.0 along with a micro sd card would work the best.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Can someone explain to me how to get a cfg file to actually save when you start up a game on bleemsync 1.1? The only youtube video is out of date, and the steps I've tried don't seem to work.

What I've done

1) access secret menu (select and triangle)
2) go to options, change to romw
3) save global cfg
4) reset game, it works fine
5) reset, save game
6) attempt to load game from menu, cfg has to be reset

Not sure what I'm doing wrong :|

Also in bleemsync 1.1 how do you manually add games without the transfer tool? I ask because Rhapsody won't transfer, and I want to split the strider games into two different options.

jeffsayhi

Oct 31, 2017
Which software would be the best between Bleemsync, Autobleem and Retroarch if I wanted to use this purely for running PS1 games as closely as possible to the originals?

I will be adding all of my NTSC rips and would like them to run as well and as accurately as possible (I'm not bothered about 2x resolution etc).

Thanks

RiZ IV

Oct 27, 2017
I saw the psc on sale for $20 at Best Buy yesterday and decided to pick it up based on this thread. It didn't dissappoint. Very easy to set up. I wish the Saturn emulator on it worked better.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Which software would be the best between Bleemsync, Autobleem and Retroarch if I wanted to use this purely for running PS1 games as closely as possible to the originals?

I will be adding all of my NTSC rips and would like them to run as well and as accurately as possible (I'm not bothered about 2x resolution etc).

Thanks

It you're willing to put in the effort retroarch will probably give you the absolute best results. If you're a pleb like me the internal emulator and bleemsync 1.1 has been great and worked extremely well. Only game I've had issues with is parasite eve 2 and that seems like a common problem regardless of how you emulate it.

jeffsayhi

Oct 31, 2017
It you're willing to put in the effort retroarch will probably give you the absolute best results. If you're a pleb like me the internal emulator and bleemsync 1.1 has been great and worked extremely well. Only game I've had issues with is parasite eve 2 and that seems like a common problem regardless of how you emulate it.

Thanks for the reply. Would Retroarch provide any advantages over the other two though in terms of pure emulation - if i'm not interested in upscaling etc?
Am I right in thinking Bleemsync can be set to use Retroarch as the emulation tool?

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Thanks for the reply. Would Retroarch provide any advantages over the other two though in terms of pure emulation - if i'm not interested in upscaling etc?
Am I right in thinking Bleemsync can be set to use Retroarch as the emulation tool?

Yes bleemsync 1.1 also installs retroarch, you could even set it up so that you go into the original ps classic ui, but it boots the game in retroarch instead. Retroarch gives you maximum control over how a game is emulated, but it requires a lot of effort to fine tune imo and in the past I've found it crashed a lot while adjusting settings.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Guys, is this drive ideal for use with PS Classic? 128GB seems like overkill to me for classic games, so I'm just gonna go with a 64GB.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
I'm finally gonna set up my Classic mainly to play Xenogears, which hack should I be looking at? Just wondering if multi-disc things were a problem.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
My classic came in today and I got Bleemsync 1.1 installed. Also got an OTG Adapter and new usb stick on the way!

Quick question: I have an original Dualshock controller from the PSX era that I want to use to play Spyro, and I assume I'll need an adapter for it to work on the classic. If I get an adapter will Bleemsync recognize inputs from the dualshock along with its emulator? Any specific PS1 to USB adapter recommendations that work well?

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Ah, so Autobleem and not Bleemsync is what I should be using, thanks!

Before switching, you might want to try changing the controller type to analog in the settings. A lot of times with PS1 games, if they don't recognize inputs it's because they happen to be particular on whether you had an analog controller plugged into the system or not.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt multi disks are a problem but I do know that Xenogears has an age old issue with a late game boss fight on emulators (An attack that happens in the first fight against Deus can freeze the game), even official ones, so I would also look into that before going for it.

Apr 24, 2018
I was gonna pick up a PS Classic last night for $20, and saw that the Best Buy/Amazon prices had already updated before midnight. Oh well.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm finally gonna set up my Classic mainly to play Xenogears, which hack should I be looking at? Just wondering if multi-disc things were a problem.
The only thing I have run into multi-disc wise is if you are running a game like GT2 which has different modes on different discs (disc 1 arcade mode, disc 2 simulation) then the stock emulator will always start the game using disc 1 and won't let you switch to another disc if there isn't an in-game prompt to do so (which there isn't, in games like GT2).

You can get around this by forcing a disc swap using the hidden menu, and I imagine the Retroarch side of things is probably better at this, but I haven't tried it.

Which I guess is interesting, if you are on Disc 2 of FF7, are you always going to have to boot up Disc 1 first, load your save, then get prompted for the switch? Its a bit hokey.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
This thing just isn't great for me. It has some weird issue in Brave Fencer Musashi when you play the game with Retroarch where you can't absorb anything with Fusion no matter how fast you press the button. You have to sort of do slower timed presses. Wild Arms scenes are out of time with the music also. I'm gonna stick with Retroarch on PC and maybe sell this thing off.

Dec 20, 2018
This thing just isn't great for me. It has some weird issue in Brave Fencer Musashi when you play the game with Retroarch where you can't absorb anything with Fusion no matter how fast you press the button. You have to sort of do slower timed presses. Wild Arms scenes are out of time with the music also. I'm gonna stick with Retroarch on PC and maybe sell this thing off.

I mean it's like $20 still on Best Buy, you not really finna get a whole lot out of selling. It at least looks pretty damn cute as a desk/entertainment center decoration. There's also the other systems you can experiment with emulation wise

Neverfade

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to save the region setting after switching it to NTSC? Resets upon exiting the game. Using Autobleem if that matters.

BorntoPlay

Banned for Abusing Giftbot
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Venezuela
i'm having a issue with my Playstation Classic, plug in and get "cannot recognize controller" error message...which you need to set it up and actually, you know, play. Tried every combination of unplugging and pushing buttons, looked online and nothing. Included manual said "if controllers not recognized, press reset"...
but still didn't work... there is a solution for this?

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i'm having a issue with my Playstation Classic, plug in and get "cannot recognize controller" error message...which you need to set it up and actually, you know, play. Tried every combination of unplugging and pushing buttons, looked online and nothing. Included manual said "if controllers not recognized, press reset"...
but still didn't work... there is a solution for this?
What is powering the PSC?

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Why are you playing it with retroarch

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
If i just want to add a few of my PS1 games (I don't think I have more than 20), access the setting to swap to NTSC and add scan lines etc., and preferrably keep it as close to default as possibl/not doing anything to the system itself, what wouldbe best to use?

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
So to update I got my psclassic working perfectly. Had to download a third party tool to get some games working but with it I got everything working and organized as I wanted.

Deleted member 49185

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
I don't see any other thread for this, but I bought the PS Classic on sale at Best Buy for the sole purpose of extracting the bios and games on it for PC emulation. Could someone refer me to an easy step by step guide to do this?

Or alternatively, does something like Bleemsync come with a backup nand function where you can download and have access to the folders from an unaltered PSC nand drive?

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I'm a bit lost, but what do I need to play PS1 games at full speed? I've tried out Pepsiman and Mad Panic Coaster and they seem to be a bit slower than I remember.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I don't see any other thread for this, but I bought the PS Classic on sale at Best Buy for the sole purpose of extracting the bios and games on it for PC emulation. Could someone refer me to an easy step by step guide to do this?

Or alternatively, does something like Bleemsync come with a backup nand function where you can download and have access to the folders from an unaltered PSC nand drive?

Bleemsync 1.1 does an auto back up of your original stuff in case something goes wrong. Use restalgia's bleemsync 1.1 clean install video on youtube to do the install or follow the steps on mod my classic.

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
If i just want to add a few of my PS1 games (I don't think I have more than 20), access the setting to swap to NTSC and add scan lines etc., and preferrably keep it as close to default as possibl/not doing anything to the system itself, what wouldbe best to use?

I'm thinking of grabbing one myself for similar reasons, it sounds like Autobleem might be the best and most simple solution? Can someone else chime in on this as well because I'm also curious.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit lost, but what do I need to play PS1 games at full speed? I've tried out Pepsiman and Mad Panic Coaster and they seem to be a bit slower than I remember.
If you are using Bleemsync, look for a folder on your usb drive or micro sd card, like this:

bandicam-2019-07-21-18-12-10-367.png

Change the psx_clock from 39 to 54.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking of grabbing one myself for similar reasons, it sounds like Autobleem might be the best and most simple solution? Can someone else chime in on this as well because I'm also curious.
Autobleem does everything for you. all you need to do is drag and drop your roms into the correct folder on your usb stick and that is it.
Its ridiculously easy.

I got this one and have had no problems

slow transfer speed as only usb 2.0 but it did the job.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I added a bunch of games to transfer folder (sync not auto) and my list isn't refreshing

Pls halp

Really this tool is the solution to 90% of your problems with bleemsync or autobleem, it does all of the following

1) lets you customize the order of all your external games

2) trouble shoots if you have games that don't want to play correctly like the wipeout titles

3) lets you manually add games if you want to get around the scrapper. You can use this to do stuff like give strider 1/2 separate menu icons, or add a game that won't transfer (like rhapsody for me)

4) get accurate info from a data base including cover art, player count, developer/publisher, etc

The only issue is if you want to organize games around the internal games ala ff7, oddworld, or battle arena toshiden, you need to make sure you gave the (r) or tm in the name of your external games. As an example to have ff7-9 in order I need to do ff(r) viii and ff(r)viiii.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Has there been any news about OTG support? I remember it being "Soon" back in January, but haven't heard anything since.