• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 24417

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I haven't tested that specific disc, but if you use a "Bleem" (Sync/Auto) solution to put it in the Sony-made carousel menu, it allocates a dedicated virtual Memory Card to Slot 1 for each game, so I suspect you'd be fine?

Problem is that every core on Pi also has MC Slot 2 disabled by default but Tenka doesn't boot also in this situation so I'm not so sure about PS Classic also...

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah it's pretty easy. I can't recommend this video enough if you're feeling a little nervous about it. Step by step with visuals that made it pretty simple to do. I had a bit of trouble following the written instructions, but when I followed the video things went smoothly. One warning is just make sure you have a non-3.0 usb laying around. An oldie will even work.
thank you so much for this. I think I can do this!

Oct 25, 2017
Could you elaborate on this at all?
For now, BleemSync is stuck using one of the two front USB ports to work, and even still usb drives are limited by power restraints to the front ports. So you're losing a port (unless you get a usb hub) and your media options are limited. The next major BleemSync update is going to allow the use of the rear USB port, which doesn't have power restraints in place. This means both front ports will be free and you'll have a ton more usb drive options.

I'm personally holding out for BleemSync 1.1 before I hack my psc myself

Stuart Gipp

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, England
For now, BleemSync is stuck using one of the two front USB ports to work, and even still usb drives are limited by power restraints to the front ports. So you're losing a port (unless you get a usb hub) and your media options are limited. The next major BleemSync update is going to allow the use of the rear USB port, which doesn't have power restraints in place. This means both front ports will be free and you'll have a ton more usb drive options.

I'm personally holding out for BleemSync 1.1 before I hack my psc myself

Thanks. That's pretty cool. If I do the stopgap hack now, will I be able to update to 1.1 and just start using it that way? Or should I wait?

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Just got an 8Bitdo today. Time to connect my grey PS4 controller with the PS Classic and play some... Xena: Warrior's Princess.

515MWCR8RAL._SX342_.jpg

No regrets.

Oct 30, 2017
i have one and def want to get into this, but it doesn't seem like it's quite up there with the SNES classic yet, which was basically plug into PC and click a button and you're there.

once it's at that level i'll be all about persona 3 portable hooked up to a battery-powered projector.

Oct 25, 2017
La Résistance Country
Received mine yesterday thanks to ModMyClassic. Love the actual hardware, it looks so fine. But yeah the stock games look and run like shit lol. Got myself a 64GB microSD/USB 2.0 reader, I still need to look at +/- at both AutoBleem and BleemSync before deciding which one will fit my needs.

lagr

Jan 31, 2019
Just got an 8Bitdo today. Time to connect my grey PS4 controller with the PS Classic and play some... Xena: Warrior's Princess.

No regrets.
Did they ever come out with a fix to stop the mouse cursor from appearing on the screen? I kept seeing that as an issue in the amazon reviews for the adapter. Can't remember if it was for DS3 or DS4 or both..

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Did they ever come out with a fix to stop the mouse cursor from appearing on the screen? I kept seeing that as an issue in the amazon reviews for the adapter. Can't remember if it was for DS3 or DS4 or both..

Haven't had time yet to check it out, unfortunately. But currently firmware 1.22 is out on their website and that came out at the end of January. Probably depends on the controller. I'm hoping the Dualshock 4 won't have issues.

Nov 21, 2017
Waiting for it to drop below $20 to pick up as an emulation box. Similar to what I did with the Vita TV in which it was my $20 P4G machine.

Nov 21, 2017
You got lucky with the Vita TV at $20. Never got that low out here.

Yeah the Best Buy in my area was discontinuing it so they were trying to get rid of them and I already had some Vita games from PS+ so I figured why not. Also ended up buying Persona 4 Golden on sale digitally too which is now 1 of my favorite games of all time. My only regret was not picking up a second Vita TV as a back up.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Cool!
Should be great for PS1 games, my Pi3 didn't do the job last time I tried, it could only run 2D games well.

Some questions, might be answered but I didn't see it:

Can you sync up a Wii Pro Controller? DS4 is nice but I currently use a Pi3 with RetroPie which has fully working bluetooth syncing for the Wii Pro controller which imo is close to perfection, great for SNES games with the correct button label placements.

What OS does it run? Or do you install a custom OS? Can you SSH it from a PC?

I want perfect PS1 emulation and the convenience of the Pi, hide it behind the TV and do the OS fiddling and file transfer from the PC and sync it with a wireless/blutooth controller.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What does the UI for selecting games looks like? Does it display all the custom boxes?

Is rumble supported?

So what's currently the cheapest method of getting one of these?

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
To use a DS4 wirelessly is the 8bitdo usb adapter the best option? The one branded for use with the PS Classic? So with a hacked PS Classic I'd be using one usb for the hack and one usb for the 8bitdo dongle?

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To use a DS4 wirelessly is the 8bitdo usb adapter the best option? The one branded for use with the PS Classic? So with a hacked PS Classic I'd be using one usb for the hack and one usb for the 8bitdo dongle?
Yup.... if you think you'll even want multiplayer, you'll want a usb hub. (4 player games work with it )

Azriell

Oct 27, 2017
I saw the PS Classic down to $40 on CAG a few weeks ago and had a similar thought. my Switch is hacked, but I haven't looked into PS1/N64 emu bc last time I checked, the scene wasn't there yet. Does can anyone say one way or the other if I would benefit from a PS Classic if I already have a hacked Switch?

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
Now if they could just get USB sticks to work reliably or some other type of way to load games onto the system, I'll be all set. I've seen too many people talking about how their USB sticks don't work or stop working for me to invest time into modding.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Now if they could just get USB sticks to work reliably or some other type of way to load games onto the system, I'll be all set. I've seen too many people talking about how their USB sticks don't work or stop working for me to invest time into modding.

I used the SanDisk Cruzier 2.0 USB drives. I haven't tried looking for anything else as I just used what was recommended.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So is there a guide on what storage cards work and what specific 8bitdo adapter you would need?

I really would like to see some screenshots of how it looks with a modded interface and games with various filters applied. I may nab one of these to have a dedicated PSX box, just as I do with SNES and NES.

Still no date on the Genesis Mini yet, is there?

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018
I bought a 128gb SanDisk Cruzer and had no luck... but I found an old 4gb flash drive and it installed fine off of that. Guess I'm just gonna swap games out for the time being until the next update hopefully sorts this out.

Polk

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I bought a 128gb SanDisk Cruzer and had no luck... but I found an old 4gb flash drive and it installed fine off of that. Guess I'm just gonna swap games out for the time being until the next update hopefully sorts this out.
USB 3.0 or 2.0? Somebody said 3.0 draw more power even in 2.0 mode so they might not work.

Deleted member 8752

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sony probably released it with minimal effort because they knew this would be the primary use for it.

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
Sony probably released it with minimal effort because they knew this would be the primary use for it.
Sony released PSC with minimal effort because they don't care to celebrate the PS1 legacy with the respect it deserves and all they wanted was a quick cash from the plug & play retro consoles craze started by Nintendo classic line (as in Nintendo started the craze, not that Nintendo was the first to release a plug & play retro console).

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
Sony released PSC with minimal effort because they don't care to celebrate the PS1 legacy with the respect it deserves and all they wanted was a quick cash from the plug & play retro consoles craze started by Nintendo classic line (as in Nintendo started the craze, not that Nintendo was the first to release a plug & play retro console).
Yeah, this is it. It was a low-risk, high-reward play on their part. If it turned out to be a good and commercially successful product, great. If not, they'd at least make a bit more than their money back and then pretend it never existed. It's a very quarterly-earnings-report-focused product. They weren't thinking about their legacy or hackability or any of that. That stuff likely didn't factor in one way or the other.

It has turned out to be nice for those of use who don't mind hacking it. But I have no idea how the average purchaser feels about it.

Oct 25, 2017
La Résistance Country
Sorry if it has been answered, not sure where to ask this. Installed Autobleem yesterday and it's running fine. But how does one run the stock games through it? Do you have to reinstall all those games on your USB stick?

And how improved is the emulator anyway? Only tested the original Tony Hawk and its framerate was a bit iffy, I never owned a PSone so I have no clue how accurate the emulation is.

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if it has been answered, not sure where to ask this. Installed Autobleem yesterday and it's running fine. But how does one run the stock games through it? Do you have to reinstall all those games on your USB stick?

And how improved is the emulator anyway? Only tested the original Tony Hawk and its framerate was a bit iffy, I never owned a PSone so I have no clue how accurate the emulation is.
framerate on lots of PSX games were iffy, that's just the way 3d gaming was in those days. and the shipped emulator is ancient and inferior to what the hacked setups offer.

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

So generally psx emulation on arm is just not the best - on x86 there are more cores available and emulation is in a way better state but that's just how it is.
I read that you can change the emulator from retroarch and replace it for the internal emulator and the difference is about 1 MB (Sony build) to 1.5 MB (recent community built for this arm chip) but that's hardly am indicator for better performance. I have yet to see a "benchmark" of games running side by side but generally it's safe to assume that the community emulator is able to run the games better. Not to mention all the configuration options you get by hacking the device.
So if you only care about emulating psx and more games (or exchanging them with the proper versions) then I think you don't need retroarch at all but replace the Emulator binary, add more games and be happy with a better games selection and better performance than what Sony offers.

Apr 19, 2018
Using Autobleem, how does one handle multi-disc games? Does each disc get its own designated folder, or can you roll all of the discs' bins/cues into one directory?

OP
OP
Inugami

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Using Autobleem, how does one handle multi-disc games? Does each disc get its own designated folder, or can you roll all of the discs' bins/cues into one directory?

A few different ways. You can either use multiple .bins and one cue, or you can put all of the discs into a single PBP file (which I do since I like using the pbp compression anyways).

Apr 19, 2018
A few different ways. You can either use multiple .bins and one cue, or you can put all of the discs into a single PBP file (which I do since I like using the pbp compression anyways).

Ah, so if I were to do the former and have something, like, say Final Fantasy 8, I would have four .bins (each saying FF8 Disc 1, FF8 Disc 2, etc) and one cue (just saying "FF8") in one folder?

Would there be a difference in multi-disc games where they have you swap the disc in-game (like Final Fantasy 7-9 or Metal Gear Solid) as opposed to something, like say, Resident Evil 2 where each disc is technically their own game?

Li bur

Oct 27, 2017
Any footage of the heavier psp games like GoW or Crisis Core? This might just tempt me to get one.

ErbilT

Oct 28, 2017
Henderson, NV.
So when I am using AutoBleem with Gunners Heaven, the background will occasionally flicker/strobe and it makes playing the game a little difficult. Anyone out there know of there is something I can do to solve this issue?

Woylie

May 9, 2018
How difficult would this be to do with a Mac? I was able to get hakchi working with the SNES via Parallels, but boy, was that a struggle. Not clueless, but not as tech minded as many here, so the simpler the better for me.

Weary Bones

Nov 7, 2017
SoCal
I've been trying to keep up with the Bleemsync updates but I guess I'm not sure what I'm waiting for.

I'm hoping for a flash drive-less solution, is that what the supposed 1.1 OTG update is going to be for?

I just want to add about 20+ games is all. I may not even use Retroarch at all.

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
I have ordered one last night after watching a bunch of Autobleem videos and how easy it is to install. Can't wait for it to arrive tomorrow

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Walmart has them listed for $40 again, and I've had $20 in credit there from Bing rewards sitting around. Free shipping too, had to pull the trigger on that.