• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
User Banned (3 days) - Advocating Piracy
Right, ordered and will give it a go tomorrow, thanks for the advice! I will go out and source some roms for some of the more obscure games I haven't played in ages (vigilante 8, bishi bashi special, rage racer, rrr). I assume recommending sites are prohibited so will just have a Google...i assume the first few hits are legit?

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Simple. I was told

I'm on my second USB 2.0 now and just bought my third one.
my current USB 2.0 is failing back up.
I read because the USB might not be getting enough power

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
I have a broken Saturn (laser) and a bunch of JPN games I am aching to play on my TV again.

I hope the Saturn emulation get's solid soon.

Turnbl

Oct 27, 2017
Simple. I was told

I'm on my second USB 2.0 now and just bought my third one.
my current USB 2.0 is failing back up.
I read because the USB might not be getting enough power

Various Sandisk 2.0's seem to have the best chance of working, but there are even reports of the same make & model having some working and not working due to minuscule current variations.

Your other option is using a powered OTG splitter cable as Autobleem/Bleemsync now support this and usb 3.0's in this set up.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Various Sandisk 2.0's seem to have the best chance of working, but there are even reports of the same make & model having some working and not working due to minuscule current variations.

Your other option is using a powered OTG splitter cable as Autobleem/Bleemsync now support this and usb 3.0's in this set up.
My current one was Kingston
I'll try a Sandisk that's been used from tutorials

Effloresce

Oct 30, 2017
I've had a search online and still a little confused. Specifically, I want to play four-player Mega Bomberman. I have the two wired controllers that come with the Classic, three Dualshock 3 controllers and two Dualshock 4 controllers. What's the best way to go about this? I know that I need to use one USB port for the flash drive, so that only leaves me with one left.
  • Can I use some sort of wireless dongle to just connect four Dualshock controllers to it?
  • Would I need four dongles?
  • Do I need to use a USB hub?
  • If I did would the hub need to be powered?
  • Is there a certain emulator that works best for Megadrive games and supports four controllers?
Sorry for all the questions!

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've had a search online and still a little confused. Specifically, I want to play four-player Mega Bomberman. I have the two wired controllers that come with the Classic, three Dualshock 3 controllers and two Dualshock 4 controllers. What's the best way to go about this? I know that I need to use one USB port for the flash drive, so that only leaves me with one left.
  • Can I use some sort of wireless dongle to just connect four Dualshock controllers to it?
  • Would I need four dongles?
  • Do I need to use a USB hub?
  • If I did would the hub need to be powered?
  • Is there a certain emulator that works best for Megadrive games and supports four controllers?
Sorry for all the questions!
You need a powered hub and yes, you would need 4 usb adapters to have 4 wireless DS4s

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if it's possible to use multiple USBs? I've got a USB hub and the main USB I'm working has a ton of games on it but the USB's filled so now I'll need another one. I'm wondering if it's possible to use a hub for them all or if I'll just have to keep switching USBs out.

Last edited:

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Replicated my whole physical collection on this thing and even some fan translated imports like Policenauts. Feels good! Autobleem was nice and simple.

I've been playing Megaman Legends in hi-res, and it looks pretty clean. The art style really holds up.

I'm not having any problem with Xenogears with Bleemsync running from the .bin/cue files, although I only messed around with it for about 20 minutes.

As far as Parasite Eve 2, people claim that changing the clock speed to 85 (instead of 57) on the menu under options->advanced -> speed hacks stops it from freezing and it definitely seems to work much better for me to at least get out of the gun range and into the main game. Brave Fencer Musashi also has a clock speed issue where it is unplayable. I deleted it frustrated after trying a bunch of other stuff prior to reading that setting the clock speed to 55 fixes the problems, but I've not personally tried it. Those are the 2 games I've had the most trouble with.

I've had problems with Brave Fencer Musashi even with a clock speed of 55. Been trying to find other solutions online but no one has a definitive one that I can see.

I do wish there was a master list or google doc with contributors somewhere for known issues and possible solutions with games. I'd like to play Xenogears some time but knowing that I'll encounter a road block late game will deter me from it.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
Replicated my whole physical collection on this thing and even some fan translated imports like Policenauts. Feels good! Autobleem was nice and simple.

I've been playing Megaman Legends in hi-res, and it looks pretty clean. The art style really holds up.

I've had problems with Brave Fencer Musashi even with a clock speed of 55. Been trying to find other solutions online but no one has a definitive one that I can see.

I do wish there was a master list or google doc with contributors somewhere for known issues and possible solutions with games. I'd like to play Xenogears some time but knowing that I'll encounter a road block late game will deter me from it.
At what point do you have issues with BFM? I loaded it up to play it for about 10 minutes but I had no issues (that I noticed at least).

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
At what point do you have issues with BFM? I loaded it up to play it for about 10 minutes but I had no issues (that I noticed at least).

Around 10 min in actually. Right when you get to the top of the tower. Basically the load between going from inside to outside at the top it froze on a black screen.

Edit: the other issues I've had were trying to run it at hi res the top and bottom of the screen would flicker. But that could be solved by playing at lower resolution.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
Around 10 min in actually. Right when you get to the top of the tower. Basically the load between going from inside to outside at the top it froze on a black screen.

Edit: the other issues I've had were trying to run it at hi res the top and bottom of the screen would flicker. But that could be solved by playing at lower resolution.
Well, I guess I gotta give that another go tonight and see if it crashes at the top of the tower.

CloudCircus

Dec 9, 2017
How much better is the image quality of the PlayStation classic on modern TVs compared to playing ps1 games on a ps2 with component cables?

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
How much better is the image quality of the PlayStation classic on modern TVs compared to playing ps1 games on a ps2 with component cables?

I would say a pretty significant amount better when you enable enhanced resolution and the enhanced res speed hack. Though keep in mind this may cause graphical issues or other problems with some games.

Even without that I'd say the iq is a bit better than component cable.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Using Autobleem, I've noticed that Jumping Flash! (as an internal game already included with the system) runs like absolute shit when you turn on High res. I tried High res with some other internal games like FFVII and Tekken 3 and they run fine (and look massively improved to boot - praise be Autobleem's High res mode!).

My boi Robbit deserves better.

Quick question, if you change the region from PAL to NTSC for one of the Europe-Aus games, does that automatically solve the 50Hz issue? For instance, if I play Ridge Racer Type 4 - which according to Digital Foundry was a pretty crappy port on the PS Classic - and switch to NTSC via the Select+Triangle menu, does it become worth playing?

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Using Autobleem, I've noticed that Jumping Flash! (as an internal game already included with the system) runs like absolute shit when you turn on High res. I tried High res with some other internal games like FFVII and Tekken 3 and they run fine (and look massively improved to boot - praise be Autobleem's High res mode!).

My boi Robbit deserves better.

Quick question, if you change the region from PAL to NTSC for one of the Europe-Aus games, does that automatically solve the 50Hz issue? For instance, if I play Ridge Racer Type 4 - which according to Digital Foundry was a pretty crappy port on the PS Classic - and switch to NTSC via the Select+Triangle menu, does it become worth playing?

I think if you turn on the enhanced res speed hack with enhanced res that should solve the slowdown issue with Jumping Flash though I'm not certain and have not tried.

As far as turning the PAL to NTSC via the menu, yeah I believe that fixes the frame rate issues with those games.

Saften

Oct 26, 2017
With the DS4 can you have d-pad and analogue active at the same time? And/or can you switch between what is active?

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
What should I do to be able to play PS1 and PSP games on my PSClassic? I saw the Retroboot tutorial but thats only PS1.

Last edited:

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Does Autobleem or Bleemsync support fast forwarding on PS1 games, or generally speed things up? Breath of Fire 3's text speed is driving me nuts.

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017
For the DFW Era people who might be interested in this, they have new PS Classics for $19.99 at Nebraska Furniture Mart (in The Colony, near Plano/Frisco/Carrollton).

Finally picked one up, guess Autobleem looks pretty easy to get going with :)

MrPressStart

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey all... I got the PS classic mini at launch and have been wanting to add games to it... like maybe another 30 or so. I am assuming I have to have a big ass thumb drive hanging off of it? Is there no way to open and make the stuff internal? I like my systems to look clean and original.... thanks!!!!

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Hey all... I got the PS classic mini at launch and have been wanting to add games to it... like maybe another 30 or so. I am assuming I have to have a big ass thumb drive hanging off of it? Is there no way to open and make the stuff internal? I like my systems to look clean and original.... thanks!!!!
I don't believe there is a guide for something like that, but BleemSync 1.1 has "OTG support", which is an attachment that allows you to put the thumbdrive in the back of the device using the power port. Makes it harder to see, and opens up the second controller port.

Oct 27, 2017
Murfreesboro, TN
Does Autobleem or Bleemsync support fast forwarding on PS1 games, or generally speed things up? Breath of Fire 3's text speed is driving me nuts.

Not sure about Bleemsync, but on Autobleem if you hit Select+Triangle it'll bring up console commands. Go to PSCX Menu -> Controls -> Emulator/Gun Controls. You'll see a Fast Forward option. Select it and you can input a button to toggle Fast Forward in that game, but you'll have to do this every time you boot it up.

Be warned, though. It can crash like crazy. I don't have a problem BoF3, but FFIV crashes at almost every loading screen and Star Ocean 2 seems to have a 50/50 chance of crashing.

SJPN

Oct 27, 2017
Recently got a PS Classic and decided to go with Retroboot. That part was painless.

I've always found Retroarch counterintuitive to use, and the PSC version is no different.

Question: can you add/move games to playlists directly through the UI? Or do I have to manually edit the playlist .ldl files. I've been doing the latter but hope there's an easier way.

SJPN

Oct 27, 2017

I've used a Sandisk Cruiser Fit, which is tiny. Sticks out about a quarter of an inch. The other option is to softmod the PSC and update it's firmware so you can use the rear USB port.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Got Bleemsync installed and Autobleem.

Everything works, but when I added Retroarch. It stopped booting to Autobleem.
Deleted RetroArch.
Autobleem loads again??

Too much memory?

Leithkorias

Oct 27, 2017
I have a psc myself and want no hassle, easy, seamless modding. Like as simple as possible. Is there a step by step online resource that goes over everything? Like where to download the files I need, how to set up the USB drive etc? I have 3 kids and a full time job and a chronically I'll wife. I simply dont have the time to sit down and do all the research. I want my full ps1 library available but also nes SNES and mega drive emulation if possible. Is there a "one stop shop" so to speak?

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
I have a psc myself and want no hassle, easy, seamless modding. Like as simple as possible. Is there a step by step online resource that goes over everything? Like where to download the files I need, how to set up the USB drive etc? I have 3 kids and a full time job and a chronically I'll wife. I simply dont have the time to sit down and do all the research. I want my full ps1 library available but also nes SNES and mega drive emulation if possible. Is there a "one stop shop" so to speak?
Go the Original Post and follow the bleemsync. And see if you have an old spare USB stick laying around, like actually 10 years old.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
As long as an external usb stick needs to be plugged in, I'll pass. But I wonder, could you open it up and stick a small USB splitter in there along with a low profile dongle?

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017

MrCunningham

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
USB 3.0 is pretty much a no no for the most part(definitely when it comes to installing it).

For installation it is a no-no. I used a 8GB USB 2.0 thumb drive for the installation process for Bleemsync 1.1. But a USB 3.0 thumbdrives will work if you use the OTG connection in the back of the unit. here is a photo that I just took of my own PS Classic set-up:

qrhX9wd.jpg

I am using a 64GB SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 thumbdrive and a right angle OTG adapter (this one here) , which is plugged through the USB power cable in the pack of the unit. This set up generally works very well for me.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
For installation it is a no-no. I used a 8GB USB 2.0 thumb drive for the installation process for Bleemsync 1.1. But a USB 3.0 thumbdrives will work if you use the OTG connection in the back of the unit. here is a photo that I just took of my own PS Classic set-up:

qrhX9wd.jpg

I am using a 64GB SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 thumbdrive and a right angle OTG adapter (this one here) , which is plugged through the USB power cable in the pack of the unit. This set up generally works very well for me.
That does work but I read some flash drives don't work as well on the PS Classic. But I'm over that now, now I just used a micro sd card with a micro sd card reader and it seems to be the best option overall.

MrCunningham

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
That does work but I read some flash drives don't work as well on the PS Classic. But I'm over that now, now I just used a micro sd card with a micro sd card reader and it seems to be the best option overall.

using a Micro SD doesn't seem like a bad solution to be honest. What type of reader do you use? One of those USB caddy's that come packaged with some Micro SD cards?