• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Calling all Pokemon fans!

Welcome to the official Pokemon-ERA Create-A-PokeDex Thread, where passionate Pokemon fans come together to show off their creativity in designing 151 brand new Pokemon creatures!

Here's how it works. I've constructed a loose "skeleton" of the PokeDex, divided into Pokemon lines---each member chooses a single line (some lines are three-stages, some two-stages, some one-stage), and they're responsible for that Pokemon. Though there aren't any formal rules as to what they can create, I've provided a loose blueprint to follow. Generally this includes what Type that Pokemon must be partially of, if it has a specific purpose it must fill (like a Pokemon made for surfing), what kind of evolution method it has, and if it must draw from a specific creature. Other than what I specified, and I'm all open to bending the blueprints of course, there's really no limit.

That being said, I've provided a few rules to avoid low-effort contributions.

The Bare Minimum

First, at the very least ensure the following stats are accounted for...

Category: This is what the Pokemon's species is listed as in the PokeDex, such as "Mouse Pokemon".
Type: This should be obvious, its Type.
Ability 1: The Pokemon's primary Ability.
Ability 2: The Pokemon's secondary Ability, if they have one.
Hidden Ability: The Pokemon's Hidden Ability, if they have one.
Gender Ratio: The gender they're more likely to be, typically 50%/50%. Starter Pokemon and Fossil Pokemon are generally 87.5% male/12.5% female. Or they may not have a gender.
Egg Group: The Egg Group a Pokemon is in, one or two Egg Groups. Generally based on the Pokemon's characteristics, look for similar existing Pokemon to decide this. Egg Group Listing
Height: The Pokemon's height.
Weight: The Pokemon's weight.
Body Shape: A general description of how the Pokemon looks. The various body shapes
Evolution Method: If the Pokemon evolves, explain how it evolves---be it Level, a specific Stone (some lines specifically list what Stone needs to be used), time of day, etc., or a unique evolution method. Only the lines I specified with a specific evolution method have to have a set requirement, for any other line feel free to give them whatever evolution method you want. Oh, except for the Starters, probably keep them as Level Evolutions with the first evolution around 14-19, and the second 30-38.

Description: Give a decent description of the Pokemon, at least a paragraph detailing how it looks and some of its key features, and a paragraph detailing some of its lore such as what are its abilities, what its temperament is, where it's typically found, etc.

Not everyone here is an artist---me included---so you don't need to draw it, though it would be neat if someone skilled would be interested in drawing some of the ideas, though that's a massive undertaking that I don't expect. Still, even a rough drawing may be nice to better get the idea across!

Stats: If you want, you can go into detail on the Pokemon stats with hard numbers, though a general 1-5 * ranking of each stat would be fine---like if the Pokemon is a fast and Special Attack Pokemon, and you don't want to go into number crunching, that's fair. Generally remember if you do give solid stats, that non-Legendary Pokemon shouldn't be too strong unless they have a debilitating Ability to balance it out or a low stat as balance.

Moves: Feel free to go as detailed as you want here, make a movelist if you want---be it natural moves, TM (let's use the Sun and Moon TMs and Move Tutors to make things standardized), and Egg Moves.

If there's anything else you feel contributing to better let us know how the Pokemon works, feel free! The more effort, the better!

The Limits of Creativity

So since we're making the Pokemon wholesale, I think some limitations should be in place to help ease everyone into the same lane...

First off, each individual Pokemon in a line is allowed to have one new Ability, and one new Move, explaining them alongside the Pokemon. Try to not make them too overpowered, though GameFreak has done this before so don't get too nervous about how cheap these fictional Pokemon could be in the meta-game.

Second, the Pokemon must be brand new Pokemon and unrelated to previously existing Pokemon in terms of being evolutions/babies---in terms of lore, they can have relations with existing Pokemon, like for example a bird Pokemon you make might prey on Caterpie, or a fossil Pokemon may be an ancestor of an existing Pokemon. Just no straight-up "this Pokemon evolves/evolves into this existing Pokemon!" .

With Sword and Shield Pokemon being revealed, some Pokemon we make might overlap with new Pokemon, so let's just pretend they don't exist in terms of this thread and we're working with Melmetal as the last revealed Pokemon. If you want you can collaborate with another member to make your two lines synergize with one another, but I don't expect the Pokemon we make to all jive with one another---I wanna see everyone's unique style shine through. Some people may come up with similar ideas, and that's fine. The littlest difference can be important!

Also I personally believe there's no limit or hard rules to what a Pokemon can be necessarily, if you have a wacky idea and feel it works and put effort into it, I approve---but try to avoid anything obviously offensive or uncouth.

Choose Your Challenge!

With that being said, here is the official PokeDex categories to choose from---first come, first serve, though I claimed the Grass Starter just because I came up with the idea. Other than that, I'm gonna sit back.

Each user gets to choose a single line, indicated by the "*", and are responsible for all the members of that line---do you want to take on three Pokemon, or do you want to focus on one good single-stage Pokemon? As soon as I see someone post that they're claiming a line---format it as "I (Username) would like to officially claim)---I'll make a note of it.

There's no official time frame for this project---I'd like to see everyone get the bare minimum done by Sword and Shield---so take your time to think of ideas, draw out Pokemon, etc. When you have a good realization and feel it's post-worthy, post it, and I'll link to the post in the thread. If you need more than one post, that's fine, and I'll try and keep track, and feel free to come back and edit.

I don't have an end-game in mind for this---who knows if we'll fill out all 151 Pokemon?---but I thought it'd be fun. I know other sites have done a similar thing in the past, and I thought it'd be fun for ERA. If you see another member post an idea you find interesting, and you want to draw it out for them, feel free though perhaps ask for permission first!

* Grass Starter #1-3: Moleberry, Dendrome, and Gnomarchid
[CLAIMED BY BIRDIE]

* Fire Starter #4-6: Hissyre, Inferver, and Mambustion
Conditions: Cannot end up as Fire/Fighting. Must have Blaze as a default Ability, but free reign on Hidden Ability. Has to be part-Fire.
[CLAIMED BY CHARLIE0108]

* Water Starter #7-9
Conditions: Must have Torrent as a default Ability, but free reign on Hidden Ability. Has to be part-Water.

* Early Rodent #10-11: Platyrncu and Venoryncu
Conditions: Does not have to be biologically based on a rodent, but needs to be a mammal. Must be part-Normal.
[CLAIMED BY HACKWORTH]

* Main Early Bird #12-14: P'twee, P'too, and Hachtoo
Conditions: Has to be part-Flying.
[CLAIMED BY THE ADDER]

* Secondary Early Bird #15-16: Stiltspin and Secreairy
Conditions: Has to be part-Flying.
[CLAIMED BY NOCTURNOWL]

* Main Early Bug #17-19
Conditions: Has to be part-Bug. Middle form must thematically be a cocoon of some sorts, though you don't have to stick to the "learns nothing, high Defense" style of Metapod and Kakuna if you so choose.
[CLAIMED BY PLASTIC SHARK]

* Secondary Early Bug #20-21
Conditions: Has to be part-Bug.
[CLAIMED BY THORES]

* Dog Pokemon #22-23
Conditions: Can be any Type. Must be based on a dog, or other canine.
[CLAIMED BY KILLSTEALWOLF]

* Cat Pokemon #24-25
Conditions: Can be any Type. Must be based on a cat, or other feline.
[CLAIMED BY PRAX]

* Mushroom Pokemon #26-27
Conditions. Must be part-Grass or part-Poison. Must be based on a mushroom, or other fungi.

* Turtle Pokemon #28-29: Tortlid and Smellshell
Conditions: Can be any Type. Must be based on a turtle, or tortoise.
[CLAIMED BY JAZZMANZ]

* Monkey Pokemon #30-31
Conditions: Can be any Type. Must be based on a primate, .

* Fish Pokemon #32-33
Conditions: Must be part-Water. Must be based on a fish.
[CLAIMED BY LLYRWENNE]

* Pikachu Clone #34
Conditions: Must be part-Electric, and have some resemblance to Pikachu. Has to have the trademark cheek pouches.

* Fire Stone Pokemon #35-36
Conditions: Has to be part-Fire, and evolve with the Fire Stone.

* Water Stone Pokemon #37-38
Conditions: Has to be part-Water, and evolve with the Water Stone.
[CLAIMED BY DREAM MACHINE]

* Leaf Stone Pokemon #39-40
Conditions: Has to be part-Grass, and evolve with the Leaf Stone.

* Thunder Stone Pokemon #41-42: Hataba, Hatahaba
Conditions: Has to be part-Electric, and evolve with the Thunder Stone.
[CLAIMED BY BARDOON]

* Moon Stone Pokemon #43-44
Conditions: Can be any Type, but must have some connection---loose or otherwise---to the moon, and evolve with the Moon Stone.
[CLAIMED BY ORICWINDSTAR]

* Sun Stone Pokemon #45-46
Conditions: Can be any Type, but must have some connection---loose or otherwise---to the sun, and evolve with the Sun Stone.

* Shiny Stone Pokemon #47-48
Conditions: Can be any Type, but must be depicted as an overall "good" Pokemon, and evolve with the Shiny Stone.
[CLAIMED BY VICTORPRIME]

* Dusk Stone Pokemon #49-50
Conditions: Can be any Type, but must be depicted as an overall "bad" Pokemon, and evolve with the Dusk Stone.
[CLAIMED BY FUMPSTER]

* Dawn Stone Pokemon #51-52: Harputrid, Harplacid
Conditions: Can be any Type. Only either the male or the female of the species can evolve with the Dawn Stone.
[CLAIMED BY MEWSHUJI]

* Ice Stone Pokemon #53-54
Conditions: Has to be part-Ice, and evolve with the Ice Stone.
[CLAIMED BY SOLVANDERLYN]

* Three Stage Normal Line #55-57
Conditions: Has to be part-Normal.

* Three Stage Rock Line #58-60: Faelone, Enchanteau, Magistellum
Conditions: Has to be part-Rock
[CLAIMED BY DELIO]

* Three Stage Fairy Line #61-63: Kurupan, Foliagyr, and Faunguard
Conditions: Has to be part-Fairy
[CLAIMED BY LEO]

* Three Stage Poison Line #64-66: Babtile, Stammamander, Basilisp
Conditions: Has to be part-Poison
[CLAIMED BY GIFMAKER]

* Three Stage Ground Line #67-69
Conditions: Has to be part-Ground
[CLAIMED BY REDAHMED]

* Three Stage Fight Line #70-72
Conditions: Has to be part-Fighting

* Three Stage Ghost Line #73-75
Conditions: Has to be part-Ghost
[CLAIMED BY WILDVINE47]

* Three Stage Steel Line #76-78
Conditions: Has to be part-Steel
[CLAIMED BY VICTORPRIME]

* Three Stage Electric Line #79-81: Slugpug, Valvoroto, Glaucidive
Conditions: Has to be part-Electric
[CLAIMED BY KINGDIRK]

* Three Stage Psychic Line #82-84: Tamagolone, Inculate, and Yolkai
Conditions: Has to be part-Psychic
[CLAIMED BY PSYCHONAUT]

* Three Stage Ice Line #85-87: Snowbelle, Snowmad, and Inukshook
Conditions: Has to be part-Ice
[CLAIMED BY OREOMUNSTA]

* Three Stage Dark Line #88-90
Conditions: Has to be part-Dark
[CLAIMED BY ROSTI]

* New Normal Combination #91-92
Conditions: Has to be part-Normal, and by final evolution either part-Ice, part-Bug, part-Ghost, part-Poison, part-Rock, or part-Steel, all unused combinations.

* New Fire Combination #93-94: Mirthwyrm, Hullabaloon
Conditions: Has to be part-Fire, and by final evolution either part-Grass, part-Ice, or part-Fairy, all unused combinations.
[CLAIMED BY DREAM MACHINE]

* New Fairy Combination #95-96: Raofoon, Tarook
Conditions: Has to be part-Fairy, and by final evolution either part-Fire, part-Poison, part-Fighting, part-Ground, or part-Dark, all unused combinations.
[CLAIMED BY NEONBOREALIS]

* New Poison Combination #97-98: Zumbone and Abomistein
Conditions: Has to be part-Poison, and by final evolution either part-Psychic, part-Fairy, part-Steel, part-Electric, part-Ice, all unused combinations.
[CLAIMED BY PSQUEAK]

* New Fighting Combination #99-100
Conditions: Has to be part-Fighting, and by final evolution either part-Electric, part-Ground, or part-Fairy, all unused combinations.

* New Ice Combination #101-102
Conditions: Has to be part-Ice, and by final evolution either part-Poison, part-Fire, or part-Bug, all unused combinations.
[CLAIMED BY PARTHENIOS]

* New Electric Combination #103-104: Shucrown, Shucowl
Conditions: Has to be part-Electric, and by final evolution either part-Fighting, part-Poison, or part-Dark, all unused combinations.
[CLAIMED BY HACKWORTH]

* New Dark Combination #105-106
Conditions: Has to be part-Dark, and by final evolution either part-Fairy, part-Bug, or part-Electric, all unused combinations.
[CLAIMED BY MEZENTINE]

* New Bug Combination #107-108: Hoodnect and Invasect
Conditions: Has to be part-Bug, and by final evolution either part-Ice, part-Psychic, part-Dragon, or part-Dark, all unused combinations.
[CLAIMED BY PANCAKEFLIP]

* New Ground Combination #109-110
Conditions: Has to be part-Ground, and by final evolution either part-Fighting or part-Fairy, all unused combinations.

* New Psychic Combination #111-112: Hocust and Pocust
Conditions: Has to be part Psychic, and by final evolution either part-Poison or part-Bug, all unused combinations.
[CLAIMED BY ROTOBIT]

* Grass and Fire #113: Woodava
Conditions: Has to be part-Grass and part-Fire.
[CLAIMED BY ARLU]

* Steel and Poison #114
Conditions: Has to be part-Steel and part-Poison.
[CLAIMED BY ASHLETTE]

* Rock and Ghost #115: Phanstone
Conditions: Has to be part-Rock and part-Ghost.
[CLAIMED BY PRODIGENIUS10]

* Dragon and Bug #116: Drakamour
Conditions: Has to be part-Dragon and part-Bug.
[CLAIMED BY APOLLO]

* Riding Pokemon #117 Porkomotive
Conditions: Can be any Type. A Pokemon that people use as a mount to cross land.
[CLAIMED BY BRAWLY LIKES TO BRAWL]

* Flying Pokemon #118
Conditions: Can be any Type, but must have the ability to fly in some fashion. A Pokemon that people use as air transport.

* Surfing Pokemon #119: Misundasaur
Conditions: Can be any Type, but must be partially aquatic in some form. A Pokemon that people use to cross the ocean.
[CLAIMED BY GRAPEZARD]

* Day Pokemon #120-121
Conditions: Can be any Type. Pokemon that are found during the day, and evolve during the day.

* Night Pokemon #122-123
Conditions: Can be any Type. Pokemon that are found during the night, and evolve during the night.
[CLAIMED BY BIT_REACTOR]

* Metal Coat Pokemon #124-125: Taibad and Samnhanca
Conditions: First form can be any Type but Steel-type, but evolution must be a Steel-type. A Pokemon that evolves with the Metal Coat.
[CLAIMED BY THEGAMINGNEWSGUY]

* Magnetic Pokemon #126-127
Conditions: Can be any Type. A Pokemon that evolves when exposed to magnetic fields, akin to Magneton -> Magnezone and Nosepass -> Probopass.
[CLAIMED BY YA BISH]

* Buddy Pokemon #128-129
Conditions: Can be any Type. A Pokemon that evolves when on the same team as a certain Pokemon---said Pokemon can be any previously existing Pokemon.
[CLAIMED BY SQUID BUNNY]

* Enemy Pokemon #130-131: Groose and ???
Conditions: Can be any Type. A Pokemon that evolves when it defeats a certain Pokemon in battle---said Pokemon can be any previously existing Pokemon.
[CLAIMED BY SPIRIT OF JAZZ]

* Branch Evolution Pokemon #132-134: Carvae, Itzpapular and Lepidoptic
Conditions: Can be any Type, but all three must share a common Type. A single Pokemon that evolves into one of two Pokemon, based on a variable.
[CLAIMED BY DUSKBLADE 98]

* Form Changing Pokemon #135: Kendummy
Conditions: Can be any Type, and each Form can have a different Type. A Pokemon that can change between four forms based on a variable, all sharing a common "theme".
[CLAIMED BY FARRAC]

* Tiny Pokemon #136
Conditions: Can be any Type, but must be 0'04 in height.
[CLAIMED BY ODEKO]

* Giant Pokemon #137
Conditions: Can be any Type, but must be larger than 28'10 in height.
[CLAIMED BY J-TIER]

* Blocking Pokemon #138
Conditions: Can be any Type. Must involve blocking the way of the player, akin to Snorlax, Sudowoodo, and Kecleon.
[CLAIMED BY TRAFFICCOEN]

* Fossil Pokemon Line 1 #139-140
Conditions: Must be part-Rock. Based on an extinct animal.
[CLAIMED BY MOMO]

* Fossil Pokemon Line 2 #141-142: Kittoot, Sabrenal
Conditions: Must be part-Rock. Based on an extinct animal.
[CLAIMED BY NHARMONIC]

* Minor Legendary #143
Conditions: Can be any Type. Must have a BST of 580, a minor Legendary.

* Minor Legendary #144

* Minor Legendary #145
[CLAIMED BY TheGamingNewsGuy]

* Pseudo Legendary Dragon #146-148: Wyvold, Soldvern, and Wyvalloy
Conditions: Must be part Dragon. Final form must have 600 BST.
[CLAIMED BY SPAD3]

* Legendary of "Return" #149
Conditions: Must have a BST of 680. Themed after the concept of "looking back at what came before".

* Legendary of "Reset" #150
Conditions: Must have a BST of 680. Themed after the concept of "resetting and starting over".
[CLAIMED BY KIRO]

* Mythical Pokemon #151: Schrodineko
* Conditions: BST of 600, with every stat at 600. Must have a unique Type combination not seen in a Pokemon as of Generation VII.
[CLAIMED BY AARONRULES380]

Last edited:
Cool idea!

I claim * Riding Pokemon #117.

Eradex: #117 - Porkomotive

Category: Steam Hog Pokemon
Type: Steel/Fire
Ability 1: Locomotion - Attack increases when Speed increases. (i.e. using Agility would cause both Speed and Attack to raise two stages)
Ability 2: N/A
Hidden Ability: N/A
Gender Ratio: 50/50
Egg Group: Field/Monster
Height: 5'01" heightwise, 6'07" lengthwise
Weight: 375 lbs.
Body Shape: Quadruped
Evolution: Does not evolve to or from any Pokemon

Description: Porkomotive is a large greyish-silver boar that stands and walks on six legs mostly obscured by its overgrown fur. Protruding out of its mouth are two tusks with rust-like spots of reddish-brown on them. The fur around its legs is styled into large curls resembling wheels and on the top of its head is a large tuft of fur resembling a train's smoke stack.

Despite its rough and somewhat intimidating appearance, Porkomotive has a long history being docile towards humans and small Pokemon, sometimes motioning an invitation to ride on its back. It's because of its nature that Porkomotve has become popular in its native region as a form of transportation. One must be careful when riding a Porkomotive though, as allowing one to gain too much speed in a short period of time can cause it to enter an enraged state, where it'll become difficult to change direction or come to a complete stop. A Porkomotion running at full speed has been observed to break through large rocks, leaving rubble partially molten by its heated tusks.

Stats: Porkomation is meant to hit hard and fast, with its ability Locomotion allowing it to gain momentum to tear through opponents with ease., However it has lower defenses (particularly vulnerable to special attacks) as a drawback to the enraged state it enters as it gains speed.

Moves: Moveset is mainly centered around physical fire and steel moves. It learns Flame Charge early on to accommodate its Locomotion ability. Moves like Heat Crash, Iron Head, and Agility are staples in it's range of skills.

Last edited:

DuskBlade98

May 24, 2019
I, DuskBlade98 would like to officially claim the branched evolution line #132-4. I'll edit in some details later :)

This is looking really interesting

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
I claim Fossil Line 1 (#139-140).

Edit: Love the idea btw. I created like 2.5 generations of Fakemons when I was younger with my twin brother (though we made our own Pokémon with our own generations).

Last edited:

Deleted member 30935

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Great idea!

Can I claim the Moon Stone Pokemon (43-44)? I can do art for my own. I have no idea if I can offer to do other people's art just because my schedule is a little up in the air at the moment, but I'll let you know when I know.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have an idea, but it doesn't fit neatly into any of the slots since it'd be a single stage pokemon and the categories it could fit into (cat, and normal combo) are both two stages D:

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
If possible I would like to claim:
* Night Pokemon #122-123
Conditions: Can be any Type. Pokemon that are found during the night, and evolve during the night.

I would like to draw mine and do some research before posting the rest of the info if that's okay.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'll claim

* New Psychic Combination #111-112
Conditions: Has to be part Psychic, and by final evolution either part-Poison or part-Bug, all unused combinations.

UPDATE - and here they are!

Eradex: #111 - Hocust

D8YfiBoX4AEBNkc.png

Category: Isolated Pokémon

Type: Psychic/Bug

Ability 1: Intimidate

Ability 2: Sap Sipper

Hidden Ability: Power of Alchemy

Gender Ratio: 20% Male/80% Female

Egg Group: Bug Group

Height: 0'7''

Weight: 20lb

Body Shape: Single Pair of Wings

Evolution Method: Level 37

Description: When born, the tiny Hocust latches onto the first gnarled branch it sees, and becomes extremely distressed if it's ever without. Due to the branch's weight, Hocust can't fly, and instead radiates a threatening psychic aura to scare off predators.

Typically found at the foot of the tree where they were born, Hocust are extremely shy, with their heads hidden within a hat-like carapace.

Eradex: #112 - Pocust

D8YfiqOXYAEVN1w.png

Category: Witch Pokémon

Type: Psychic/Bug

Ability 1: Magic Guard

Ability 2: Magic Bounce

Hidden Ability: Power of Alchemy

Gender Ratio: 20% Male/80% Female

Egg Group: Bug Group

Height: 1'6

Weight: 30lb

Body Shape: Single Pair of Wings

Description: Isolation as a Hocust results in greater psychic abilities for its evolution, channeled through a trusty branch. While its wings have now atrophied into a cape, it can now carry the branch with ease, and can be seen hopping from treetop to treetop with it in hand.

Still a shy Pokémon at heart, Pocust has a hard time trusting others, but can often be found aiding similarly lonely children and Pokémon with its powers from nearby bushes.

Some say the tip of the branch glows green whenever a powerful psychic attack is about to be unleashed.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2017
I claim
* Rock and Ghost #115

Edit:
Name: Phanstone
Type: Ghost/Rock
Category: Solid Ghost Pokemon
Height: 0'08" || 0.2 m
Weight: 4.4 lbs. || 2.0 kg
Ability 1: Geogeist – When Pokemon is holding a "stone" item, increase ATK and DEF by x 1.5.
Ability 2: Solid Rock
Hidden Ability: Geocore – Reduce damage done by certain types of attacks (25%) when Pokemon is holding a "stone" item.
Stats: HP: 75 | ATK: 80 | DEF: 85 | SP.ATK: 55 | SP.DEF: 65 | SPD: 65 -> BST: 425
Egg Group: Amorphous/Mineral
Body Shape: Pokémon consisting of a head and a base
Evolution Method: Does not evolve

Description: Phanstone is a small Ghost Pokemon with a ghostly lower body (think Phantump) and a big crystal-like head with sharp features. Its head is transparent with ghostly rock features decorating the inside of it, and its faces is like carvings in a rock. There is a hole in the centre of its body where it stores any rock that it has grown attached to. It has small stubbed hands and floats around as it has no feet.
Lore: Phanstone are very curious and friendly little Pokemon that is in search of its special stone that will fill the void in the centre of its body. It will continue to put whatever stone it finds in its void until it finds the one that suits it best. Any stone place in the void that does not suit Phanstone will eventually turn to dust. It is said that any living thing that touches Phanstone's prized stone will have its energy drained and stored inside the stone for Phanstone to consume.
Phanstone has a habit of going up to trainers and Pokemon alike and offering its stone to them so it can steal their energy. Phanstone gains special properties from any stone that it places inside of its void. Phanstone has a unique Rock-type move in Geo-barrage, which hits twice. The first hit is a Rock-type and the second hit if based on whatever "Stone" item Phanstone is holding. [Geo-barrage: 35 per hit, 5% chance of flinching(per hit)]

Move List: TBC

Items > Type damage reduced/Attack Typing
Fire Stone > Fire
Water Stone > Water
Thunder Stone > Electric
Leaf Stone > Grass
Moon Stone > Fairy
Hard Stone > Rock
Dawn Stone > Psychic
Dusk Stone > Dark
Oval Stone > Normal
Sun Stone > Dragon
Shiny Stone > Steel
Ice Stone > Ice
Eviolite > Ground
Damp Rock > Bug
Moss Rock > Poison
Everstone > Fighting
Float Stone > Flying
Odd Keystone > Ghost
*any* Mega Stone > Normal

Last edited:

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I look forward to seeing OP's Pokemon romhack features all these Resetera-created Pokemon.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
I want to claim this one:

* New Poison Combination #97-98
Conditions: Has to be part-Poison, and by final evolution either part-Psychic, part-Fairy, part-Steel, part-Electric, part-Ice, all unused combinations.

As i already thought one up up this alley, just a couple of questions:

1.-By unused combination you mean for the final stage or all stages?
2.-Can the final evolution trigger be with thunder stone? that's how i envisioned the whole thing going due the thematic i chose for the fake pokemon

Edit: Oh shoot, i was so hurried to post that i didn't realize this was a 2 stage pokemon, damn my original idea was 3 stages, lol, if not allowed to go 3 stages i can work it with just 2.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Take your time! No need to rush, I expect folks to take more than a few days.

But to set a good example, here's my Grass Starter line I've been working on for a few months now.

Moleberry

Category: Flower Nose Pokemon
Type: Grass
Ability: Overgrow
Hidden Ability: Grass Pelt
Gender Ratio: 87.5%/12.5%
Egg Group: Field/Fairy
Height: 2'00"
Weight: 13.2 lbs.
Body Shape: Head and Base
Evolution Method: Evolves at Level 18

Moleberry looks like a round, green bush---kind of think like Kuriboh, though slightly less round and more of an oval?---with its main feature being a purple orchid flower with yellow feelers where its nose would be. It can curl the flower up into a bulb if it wishes. It has shaggy fur covering its eyes like Piloswine, and its eyes underneath are tiny and beady---you rarely see them. There are yellow dots above the eye area that allow it to emote without the need to show its eyes, and brown ears on the side of its head. It has a cute mouth with small little fangs. It has small front pink claws and small back pink claws, though it can stand bipedal it can run slightly faster on all fours. It has a large, pink "naked tail" that's almost as long as its body is tall. It can withdraw its ears and claws into its body, resembling a bush, with the tail digging into the ground to hide it. It's based on a star-nosed mole crossed with a bush, with the star-nose replaced by an orchid flower.

It's timid and lax, so it spends most of its time disguised as a bush. Rather than waste energy by foraging for food, it absorbs nutrients in the soil through the use of its root-like tail. They're quit gluttonous when it comes to draining soil of its nutrients, so they're considered a pesky Pokemon for farmers as they can potentially ruin crops. It's considered bad luck to attack it, so how do you get rid of it?

Moleberry's eyes are virtually useless, thus they're typically covered by its thick grassy pelt. It doesn't need to rely on its eyes, or any of its other body parts really, apart from its tail and its nose. Its tail can feel vibrations in the earth to sense when a predator is drawing near---though unfortunately it has difficulty tracing airborne predators. Bird Pokemon are known to begin plucking at it believing it to be a bush and in search of berries. They may even attempt to make a nest out of it! While this can be quite annoying, Moleberry will likely be eaten by larger Bird Pokemon if it drops the charade, so it endures the pain.

Its nose, on the other hand, resembles a flower and functions as not only a nose, but its eyes. When disguised as a bush it leaves it flower nose unfolded to get a better sense of its surroundings, and it's quite adapt at picking out certain smells. This is how it best locates the best tasting soil, as the smell of manure it finds to be attractive. Certain smells are off-putting to it, such as the foul smell of Gloom. Because of this, the best way for farmers to ward them away without harming them is to keep a Gloom around. If its nose is being too bothered by stimuli, it can fold it up, though this greatly confuses it as it has a hard time moving around.

BST: 310
HP: 75
Attack: 40
Defense: 55
Special Attack: 60
Special Defense: 60
Speed: 20

1 - Scratch
1 - Leafage
3 - Odor Sleuth
7 - Mud Slap
9 - Absorb
13 - Ingrain
15 - Bide

Dendrome

Category: Forest Fairy Pokemon
Type: Grass/Fairy
Hidden Ability: Grass Pelt
Height: 2'11"
Weight: 41.6 lbs.
Body Shape: Bipedal Tailed
Evolution Method: Evolves at Level 38

It loses much of its greenish fur, especially around its stomach and arm area, allowing its pink flesh to show through. Its bottom half is still mainly covered, though it has thicker and more prominent legs. Its arms and claws now length as well, with the palms covered with green fur still. It also has green fur around its neck area. It has an overall more sleeker design, kind of like Sandslash to compare. Its tail is still quite long. It has a more elongated head, and while it has some green fur on its head still its naked face can be seen including its eyes. It still has its orchid nose, but it's slightly longer. It more resembles the pink fairy armadillo or a naked mole rat a bit more now, and is a bit of a gnome as well---the name is just "Rhododendron" + "gnome".

The grassy pelt begins to shed as Moleberry evolves into Dendrome, its naked, pink skin shining through. Because of this it can no longer disguise itself as a bush so it disappears into the nearby woods. It's said that Dendrome never show themselves to adults, only children. Apparently, children have a certain non-threatening smell to them that adults lack, though perhaps there are certain adults who Dendrome will find pleasing enough to approach? If a child becomes lost in the woods and begins to cry, Dendrome will appear before them. It'll clean their tears away using the feelers of its nose, apparently enjoying the taste of innocent tears, and help them find their way home.

Some legends tell of a darker side of Dendrome, that they purposefully spirit away children themselves due to how sweet a child's tears tastes, though this appears to be an urban legend and fear-mongering. It's been found that in most instances, the child had become lost due to negligent parents, who embarrassingly blame it on the Dendrome to save face. There's been little research conducted into the matter, so the true nature of Dendrome is still ultimately up to speculation, but generally there's nothing to fear.

Dendrome has grown a more respectful attitude towards nature, as it's absorbed enough nutrients as a Moleberry to give those nutrients back to the earth. It will also apologize to the farmers it wronged as well, sneaking to their fields at night and blessing the field with a special magic that results in a bountiful harvest. It won't do this for farmers who went out of their way to attack it viciously in the past, so thus remember to find a peaceful way to scare Moleberry away. Also if it sees a farmer at night as it's working its magic, it will flee. It seems it likes its secrecy, fearing humans will misuse its horticultural magic if they know the secret behind it.

BST: 420
HP: 105
Attack: 55
Defense: 65
Special Attack: 70
Special Defense: 85
Speed: 40

20 - Mega Drain
23 - Rototiller
28 - Drain Kiss
31 - Slash
36 - Mud Shot

Gnomarchid

Category: Forest Fairy Pokemon
Type: Grass/Fairy
Hidden Ability: Grassy Surge
Height: 5'03"
Weight: 221.4 lbs.
Body Shape: Bipedal Tailed

It's quite large and intimidating, basically looking like some sort of giant sloth? Its green fur grows back over its head covering its eyes, but gives it sort of a forlorn, wizened look. While parts of its pink skin can be seen, the pink has faded a bit and looks browner, and its green fur has grown back out---though it sort of droops around its body now like a coat, like royalty. It still has its orchid nose, though now it also has a small "orchid crown" growing atop its head. I kind of envision it looking a bit like a Colossus from "Shadow of Colossus", just this large, slow moving creature covered with ancient vegetation. On its back are two "bamboo" chutes which can open up into large, rainbow butterfly wings when utilizing certain attacks. So, yeah, basically a King Giant Sloth Ent Colossus. Its name is "gnome" + "monarch" (both literally, and referencing the monarch butterfly), and "orchid".

It's known as the "Elder of the Forest". As its life draws near, its once soft and tender body begins to harden signaling that it's finally time to take root for eternity. Traveling deep within the woods to find a large, open clearing, its tail digs deep into the earth as it goes into a comatose state. Trees and other plant life begin to grow around it, eventually making it impossible to tell where Gnomarchid ends and where nature begins. Though it is asleep, using its tail as a sensor allows it to see what plants of the forest see, though it has a passive nature. Unless the forest is being truly threatened, it won't wake up, relying on Trevenant to protect the Grass, Bug, and Fairy-type Pokemon who call the forest their home.

It provides a habitat for Pokemon by pouring its energy into the forest surrounding it, and in turn can call upon that same energy if need be. Once more, this will only occur if it senses the forest is on the very brink of destruction. By channeling this energy into the shoots on its back, it can sprout "rainbow wings" made of special light particles that can instantly disintegrate inorganic objects. If it felt the need to, it could take down an entire modern city instantly with this ability. Thankfully as far as historians know this has never occurred, though if it did it stands to reason that there might not be proof left over, not even ruins.

Gnomarchid who live alongside humans live a much shorter life, never growing to the sizes for their wild brethren. It's said that when a domesticated Gnomarchid reaches the end of its life, its body slowly deteriorates as mushrooms begins to sprout. Eventually it is reduced to nothing but soil, though new life can spring anew. They aren't welcome into the woods commanded by wild Gnomarchid, however, as those that have become too close to humans are deemed "tainted" and are said to have a certain smell to them that is impossible to rid themselves of. In the end, one wonders if perhaps despite this those Gnomarchid who bond with humans ultimately live a shorter, yet more fulfilling life.

It has a new move in Rainbow Butterfly. It's a Fairy-type, Special move with 95BP, 10PP, and 100% Accuracy. Unleashing the nature energy stores in the shoots on Gnomarchid's back, it spreads gigantic rainbow wings like a butterfly that light up the surroundings. All foes are damaged by this attack and any Steel-type Pokemon on the field, allies included, are badly poisoned afterwards as they begin to disintegrate.

Gnomarchid's a great support Pokemon who can help its ally Pokemon with its Hidden Ability Grassy Surge, and for its non-Grass type allies it can turn them into Grass-type Pokemon with Forest's Curse, allowing them to be boosted by Grassy Terrain as well as Rototiller. It's a fairly sturdy Pokemon with a lot of ways to heal itself, but it has a major weakness to Poison-type Pokemon and is quite slow.

BST: 540
HP: 130
Attack: 80
Defense: 85
Special Attack: 90
Special Defense: 95
Speed: 60

Start - Rainbow Butterfly
Start - Forest's Curse
Start - Grassy Terrain
Start - Strength Sap
EVO - Rainbow Butterfly [NEW]
40 - Silver Wind
46 - Giga Drain
50 - Moonlight
56 - Safeguard
60 - Earthpower

Last edited:

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just going to share my idea and we can see where it can be slotted in afterwards

Schrodineko
Paradox Pokemon
Ghost/Normal Type in its default form, has two other forms monotype ghost and monotype normal respectively
Ability: Parabox (New ability, allows it to change form. Basically starts in its standard form and once attacked it will shift randomly into one of it's two other forms). Form resets upon switching out
no other abilities
gender ratio: 50/50
Egg Groups: Field and Amorphous
Height: 0.6 m
Weight: 10 kg
body type: quadruped
doesn't evolve

Description: A pokemon based on the concept of schrodinger's cat. As such, it starts out in it's default form, box form, which is a card board box with cut out eye holes and two black cat ears and a black cat tail sticking out. In the nature of Schrodinger's cat, it is both normal and ghost until observed (attacked) at which point the box comes off and it goes into either Living or Ghost form. Living form has a black cat wearing the cardboard like armor but otherwise fairly standard. Ghost form Is a floating ghostly cat hovering out of a cardboard box

a few more details, but among the moves it knows would be poison gas as a homage to the thought experiment lol
Has a 100 power signature move called Quantum Claw that changes based on what form it's in. Physical Normal in Living form with an attack boosting property, Special Ghost in Ghost Form and raises special attack, and in box form it'll choose between physical and special, normal and ghost type, and attack and special attack (in this form each quality is chosen independently so it could be Special Normal with physical attack boost for instance)

stats: HP/Atk/Sp.Atk/Def/Sp.Def/speed
Box Form: 100/100/100/100/100/100
Living Form: 100/110/90/120/100/80
Ghost Form: 100/80/120/90/110/110

Last edited:
OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So with the New Type Combinations, the Pokemon has to have the new Type Combination by the final stage---the first Stage doesn't have to if you don't want.

Unless an evolution method was specific (the Stone Evolutions), any evolution method is fine. Like if you take the three-stage Electric line and want the final form to be Thunder Stone, that's fine.

Updated my post:
Cool idea!

I claim * Riding Pokemon #117.

Eradex: #117 - Porkomotive

Category: Steam Hog Pokemon
Type: Steel/Fire
Ability 1: Locomotion - Attack increases when Speed increases. (i.e. using Agility would cause both Speed and Attack to raise two stages)
Ability 2: N/A
Hidden Ability: N/A
Gender Ratio: 50/50
Egg Group: Field/Monster
Height: 5'01" heightwise, 6'07" lengthwise
Weight: 375 lbs.
Body Shape: Quadruped
Evolution: Does not evolve to or from any Pokemon

Description: Porkomotive is a large greyish-silver boar that stands and walks on six legs mostly obscured by its overgrown fur. Protruding out of its mouth are two tusks with rust-like spots of reddish-brown on them. The fur around its legs is styled into large curls resembling wheels and on the top of its head is a large tuft of fur resembling a train's smoke stack.

Despite its rough and somewhat intimidating appearance, Porkomotive has a long history being docile towards humans and small Pokemon, sometimes motioning an invitation to ride on its back. It's because of its nature that Porkomotve has become popular in its native region as a form of transportation. One must be careful when riding a Porkomotive though, as allowing one to gain too much speed in a short period of time can cause it to enter an enraged state, where it'll become difficult to change direction or come to a complete stop. A Porkomotion running at full speed has been observed to break through large rocks, leaving rubble partially molten by its heated tusks.

Stats: Porkomation is meant to hit hard and fast, with its ability Locomotion allowing it to gain momentum to tear through opponents with ease., However it has lower defenses (particularly vulnerable to special attacks) as a drawback to the enraged state it enters as it gains speed.

Moves: Moveset is mainly centered around physical fire and steel moves. It learns Flame Charge early on to accommodate its Locomotion ability. Moves like Heat Crash, Iron Head, and Agility are staples in it's range of skills.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can I slot the pokemon I did above as the form changing one, or are you adamant it has to have 4 forms, since mine only has 3

OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I think it'd work great as the Mythical.

Maybe 600 BST evenly-distributed in Box Form, and then the stats change range in the other two forms?

OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, I got bed and then work---I'll be back tomorrow afternoon and put in everyone's claims, by order. Everyone up to this post though is officially in!

Brawly Likes to Brawl

If not for the fact it's 4X weak to Earthquake, I feel like a Pokemon that can get faster and stronger would be terrifying! Does it start out slow before boosting itself up?

But I like it---I remember that's what I was hoping Tepig would turn out like, as did a lot of folks. I definitely can picture, say, riding around the Wild Area on a Porkomotive.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to claim 126-7, the magnetic one

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Cool thread idea!

I'm not sure what to pick, though. Maybe I'll do a random number generator or just wait until everyone has picked what they are passionate about and take what's left.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
So I figured out the general idea behind my choice the theme and type. I'll write it up, do a quick sketch and post it between the next two days.

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
This is so rad, I'd love to be part of this! Could I claim #73-75, the ghost line? I have a great idea for that one that I'd love to put together.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I'll take #130-131

#130 Groose

(I'm an amazing artist, I know)
TmLtSeW.png

Lead Goose Pokemon
Steel Type
Ability: Lead Balloon - Can't be forced to switch out during battle (immune to gust and roar)
gender ratio: 50/50
Egg Groups: Flying & Mineral
Height: 1.6 m
Weight: 500 kg
body type: Biped
Evolution Method: After reaching level 30 Groose must defeat a Sharpedo

Description: Despite being a duck pokemon the Groose is unfortunately unable to take take flight due to it's single wing plus the immense weight of it's lead body and whenever it attempts to sit upon a body of water it sinks right to the bottom. This leads to the pokemon naturally developing a massive inferiority complex and aggressive temperament. Whilst after years of training they can develop a calmer manner Groose will still frequently become hostile when in the presence of other bird pokemon. Another plight of the Groose is their lack of boyancy has resulted in an inherent deathly fears of open bodies of open water; terrified of getting tangled amongst the seaweed or falling down a deep sea trench and becoming stuck forever as it slowly corrodes.

Their fear of water, belligerence towards other pokemon, and their inability to fight in open areas due to their slow speed means that caves are their natural habitat. Groose will find their own isolated corner of the system and will often never leave the spot throughout their entire lives. Their ability to see in the dark allows them the advantage to attack unwary foes with their razor sharp wing. It's a common sight to see the piercing sapphire eyes of 20 Groose light up the end of some dark cage but seeing a wild Groose out in the open air is a sight most trainers will never experience.

BST: 320
HP: 100
Attack: 50
Defense: 66
Special Attack: 40
Special Defense: 60
Speed: 4

(moves and evolution will come tomorrow)

Last edited:

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
(Moves and image coming soon!)

#114 Griegaton

Category: Dreadnought Pokemon
Type: Steel/Poison
Ability: Steel Horizon (All opponent attacks redirect to it. This does not apply to friendly attacks. Allies become immune to multi-target attacks.)
Hidden Ability: Heavy Metal
Gender Ratio: 50% Male/50% Female
Egg Group: Bug/Mineral
Height: 29'8"
Weight: 1906.2 lbs.
Body Shape: Two or more pairs of wings

Base Stats:
80 HP
50 Atk
120 Def
50 SpA
120 SpD
110 Spe
530 Total

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2017
Update my original post. It was a fun coming up with this little guy. Wish i could draw tho :(

I claim
* Rock and Ghost #115

Edit:
Name: Phanstone
Type: Ghost/Rock
Category: Solid Ghost Pokemon
Height: 0'08" || 0.2 m
Weight: 4.4 lbs. || 2.0 kg
Ability 1: Geogeist – When Pokemon is holding a "stone" item, increase ATK and DEF by x 1.5.
Ability 2: Solid Rock
Hidden Ability: Geocore – Reduce damage done by certain types of attacks (25%) when Pokemon is holding a "stone" item.
Stats: HP: 75 | ATK: 80 | DEF: 85 | SP.ATK: 55 | SP.DEF: 65 | SPD: 65 -> BST: 425
Egg Group: Amorphous/Mineral
Body Shape: Pokémon consisting of a head and a base
Evolution Method: Does not evolve

Description: Phanstone is a small Ghost Pokemon with a ghostly lower body (think Phantump) and a big crystal-like head with sharp features. Its head is transparent with ghostly rock features decorating the inside of it, and its faces is like carvings in a rock. There is a hole in the centre of its body where it stores any rock that it has grown attached to. It has small stubbed hands and floats around as it has no feet.
Lore: Phanstone are very curious and friendly little Pokemon that is in search of its special stone that will fill the void in the centre of its body. It will continue to put whatever stone it finds in its void until it finds the one that suits it best. Any stone place in the void that does not suit Phanstone will eventually turn to dust. It is said that any living thing that touches Phanstone's prized stone will have its energy drained and stored inside the stone for Phanstone to consume.
Phanstone has a habit of going up to trainers and Pokemon alike and offering its stone to them so it can steal their energy. Phanstone gains special properties from any stone that it places inside of its void. Phanstone has a unique Rock-type move in Geo-barrage, which hits twice. The first hit is a Rock-type and the second hit if based on whatever "Stone" item Phanstone is holding. [Geo-barrage: 35 per hit, 5% chance of flinching(per hit)]

Move List: TBC

Items > Type damage reduced/Attack Typing
Fire Stone > Fire
Water Stone > Water
Thunder Stone > Electric
Leaf Stone > Grass
Moon Stone > Fairy
Hard Stone > Rock
Dawn Stone > Psychic
Dusk Stone > Dark
Oval Stone > Normal
Sun Stone > Dragon
Shiny Stone > Steel
Ice Stone > Ice
Eviolite > Ground
Damp Rock > Bug
Moss Rock > Poison
Everstone > Fighting
Float Stone > Flying
Odd Keystone > Ghost
*any* Mega Stone > Normal

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Name: Snowbelle
Category: Snowball Pokemon
Type: Ice
Ability 1: Ice Body
Ability 2: Refrigerate
Gender Ratio: Genderless
Egg Group: Monster/Mineral Egg Group
Height: 0' 7".
Weight: 10 lbs.
Body Shape: Only consisting of a head
Evolution Method: Evolves into Snowmad at level 22

Description: Snowbelle's are shy Pokemon, and use their likeness to a soft snowball to camouflage in plain sight. They are small and round in stature, but have a surprising amount of of heft to them. The weight mostly comes from dark stones that the Pokemon hides in it's protective layer of snow which it uses to attack if provoked. This Pokemon has a small set of dark eyes, so sometimes, it gets confused for a missing snowman's head. Snowbelle's are said to hide their true appearance underneath all of their protective snow, but no one has been able to record just what their body looks like.

fjEhxkx.jpg

Name: Snowmad
Category: Snowman Pokemon
Type: Ice
Height: 4' 5".
Weight: 170 lbs.
Body Shape: Consisting of a head and legs
Evolution Method: Evolves from Snowbelle at level 22. Evolves into Inukshook through Levelling up at a summit.

Description: Snowmad's excel at hiding in plain sight in snowy villages. Much like Snowbelle's, Snowmads keep a repertoire of dark stones on their body at all times, and are far more adept at using the stones to give themselves the full appearance of a Snowman. Their scarves are usually stolen from towns they have visited at some point in time. Snowmads hide their legs within their protective snowy layer, but only utilize those legs when they do their secret migrations at night. Travelers have sometimes confused Snowmad sightings in the middle of the night with abominable snow beasts, even though Snowmads present no immediate danger to people.

FVjw6n0.jpg

Name: Inookshook
Category: Land Marker Pokemon
Type: Ice/Rock
Height: 17' 0".
Weight: 2300 lbs.
Body Shape: Pokemon with a bipedal, tailless form
Evolution Method: Evolves from Snowmad through Levelling up at a summit.

Description: Inookshooks are true behemoths, and act as stewards to whichever mountain they achieve their evolution at. Inookshooks go through a massive growth spurt upon evolution, and so can no longer cover their whole body with soft snow. Instead, they adopt a mixture of packed snow and stone slabs to cover their bodies. Inookshooks are friendly giants, but will use extreme force if their mountain habitat is threatened. It's rare for a Snowmad to wander alone up to a mountain summit and evolve, hence there are not many Inookshooks in the wild. All other Pokemon habiting the same mountain as an Inookshook soon understand that they have a guardian protecting them at all times.

bCTdMjl.jpg

Non-Poke trivia: Inookshook takes inspiration from an Inuksuk, which are kind of a Canadian thing :)

Last edited:

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
I spad3 will claim the pseudo-legendary #146-148 line. Will update post or post again in this thread when done.
I'll draw it out too for yall.