• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"We play these veterans from like Afghanistan, Iraq war or whatever," said Jane. "But we're all fucking crazy so we go to the VA hospital to get our meds. We're all like shellshocked, PTSD… soldiers. We're at the VA hospital and we're in group therapy and of course, somebody flips out…this is backstory, I don't think we really see this…somebody flips out and we all get arrested and get thrown onto the bus to go down to the hospital and they throw this other guy on the bus too. And he's a guy they've actually marked to kill him because he's seen a UFO, he's seen the Predator ships come down so they lock him up and throw him in with us lunatics. They're going to take that bus, drive it down to a ditch and shoot us all just to get rid of this one guy. But, of course, we take the bus over and we're all like 'f*ck that man, let's go kill these f*cking Predators ourselves' and we're just crazy enough to believe that this guy really did see a UFO and there's these aliens out there."
http://collider.com/the-predator-plot-details-thomas-jane/#poster

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Simple enough and if there is good characters, chemistry, could be entertaining which is all you can ask for in a Predator film.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I would take anything Jane says at face value, but in broad strokes the idea might work. The details he rambles on sounds like typical Thomas Jane insanity and probably not presenting it as best it could be.

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cast is perfect

Director is perfect

No matter how ridiculous it sounds, I'm in day one

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
So it's One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest meets the Fugitive with Predators.

0e3.png

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
Pleasantly surprised by this because I thought it was supposed to cast a kid in the main role and will take place in the suburbs.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And he's a guy they've actually marked to kill him because he's seen a UFO, he's seen the Predator ships come down so they lock him up and throw him in with us lunatics.

Add

And then he pulls out this old ass pirate gun

I'd mark out.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Yeah not a bad premise. Plus I'm happy to learn that Thomas Jane is gonna be in this.
Hopefully he'll get his daughter back.

Oct 30, 2017
I didn't know Jane was in this.. nice. Plot sounds ... fun, but a bit concerning. Part of what made the original so good was from the onset, Arnold and his team were presented as solid, sound, ultimate badasses. These guys go up against something better, something that hunts them one by one. It shattered the cold war era idea of big buff muscle bound gun blasting maniacs dominating everything. It was a film of its time. I like Shane black and the script will be solid, but I really hope they don't make the premise of this new film too "fun" or cliche.

The original was great b/c it was serious as fuck.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
But, of course, we take the bus over and we're all like 'f*ck that man, let's go kill these f*cking Predators ourselves' and we're just crazy enough to believe that this guy really did see a UFO and there's these aliens out there."

This sounds real fucking stupid. Gonna go ahead and bet the original remains the only entry to the series of value.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking brilliant. If it were anyone besides Shane Black I'd be poopooing this synopsis but with him writing and directing this sounds even more amazing.

Weren't we supposed to finally get a trailer soon? I know they teased it on Twitter a week or so back.

This is probably one of my most anticipated movies this year (or whenever the F it comes out)

Hank Hill

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds okish.We'll see in a few months how the movie is.

JdFox17

Oct 26, 2017
I hope that's more accurate than one rumor I read a while back while they were filming that involved the kid from The Room being some autistic kid that could read the Predator language and was trying to communicate, or some shit. That sounded awful. This sounds better and right up Shane Black's alley.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
...this is an amazing premise. Crazy assholes hunting down Predators cause only they would believe they stand a chance.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
they should record that audio and just have it play as the trailer for the film

ez $$$$$$$$$$$

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
one predator or multiple?

The movie ends with the group finally finishing off the Predator they spent the whole movie hunting, and recovering and healing after taking a brutal.

"yeah, that's your early christmas present." One of them says after throwing a grenade at the creature.

Then, while they're at a bar and celebrating their victory and the holiday, we hear clittering sound from all around. The predators walk into the bar...

Cut to title screen "PREDATOR"...as an "S" fades in by it.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They're gonna murder a bunch of vets just to kill one crazy who's claimed to have seen a UFO?