Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised there is not a topic for this, I checked the front page and I even did a search for "Trump" but I saw nothing. If I somehow missed it, I apologise.

According to the BBC, this is what Trump said:

"If you had a teacher who was adept at firearms," he said, "they could very well end the attack very quickly."

So, I mean, this isn't really surprising. I guess that's expected of him, right?

And then here is the sad conclusion:
The US president listened to pleas for gun reform on Wednesday from about 40 students, teachers and families in the executive mansion's state dining room.

Some of those at the hour-long event voiced support for Mr Trump's idea of arming teachers.

Last edited:

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who the fuck takes a job as a teacher when the principal says at the end of the interview: "hey, remember, you gotta be strapped and ready to cap one of your students some day".

OP
OP

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who the fuck takes a job as a teacher when the principal says at the end of the interview: "hey, remember, you gotta be strapped and ready to cap one of your students some day".

If that becomes the norm, teachers better get damn good pay. They do enough already and adding security guard to their list of responsibilities is something no one asked for.

daboynem

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
To be fair imagine having the balls to act up in a class when the teacher is armed. I'd be the biggest bitch in class lmao "Yeah I'll run down to the library what do you need"

Oct 27, 2017
Teachers don't sign up for this shit. They shouldn't be expected to face armed assailants of have to fire at people. This is bullshit

MegaMan

Oct 30, 2017
The fact that this fucking moron runs the country next door turns my stomach more and more every day.

Oct 27, 2017
because stopping mass shooters is something that can easily be accomplished as a side thing. Not like our teachers are bad and underfunded when it comes to their main job or anything, having a panicked adult that would normally never pick up a gun try to shoot someone with precise accuracy in a setting full of screaming and fleeing kids is a fantastic idea

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
Yes, lets give underpaid, overworked, and stressed teachers guns to keep schools "safe"

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll stop going to any campus if they're all armed.

I remember going near the pentagon a few years after 9/11 and was not comfortable about a giant gun with a grenade launcher on it.

Disco Stu

Oct 27, 2017
No. This is a fucking terrible idea.

You want to put more guns into schools?

Why not arm flight attendants? Bank tellers? Ushers at sporting events and theaters?

Oct 27, 2017
'Train teachers on increasing their awareness and counselorship with troubled students? Nah, lets arm them so they can blow their heads when shit hits the fan'

daboynem

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
students-starts-packing-5-mins-before-the-bell-teacher-30999317.png

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Incredible. Can't they just compare and contrast with other countries, and see what they're doing differently? MORE GUNS isn't the solution here.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know a single teacher who'd want a gun in the classroom. And I know a fuckton of teachers (I was one).

Fruit

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why people even propagate this. I doubt that someone without police or military training on this matter would be able to resolve a situation like a shooting effectively. More likely than not hurting others in the process. I had trouble with shooting well in paintball, airsoft, and games with realistic firearm mechanics, I can't really imagine what an actual exchange of firearms is like.

Teachers shouldn't be in this equation, they're there to teach.

Note: What he said was adept at firearms. As far as what I researched on the matter, that's not close to enough for something like this.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I was in the military for 12 years and served, in Iraq and Afghanistan, with people that I wouldn't trust with a firearm, much less a water gun (and these are people who had to qualify to even go on the deployment in the first place).

This is easily the dumbest idea in the history of dumb ideas.

Fuck any school district that goes along with it.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Here is my question.... so where are the guns going to be stored? Locked box in each class? That seems like a great fucking idea. Put a gun in a classroom where the students outnumber the teacher 30 to 1... Really great

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I lose the marker for my smart board damn near every day and have to let one of my kids find it under piles of papers.

What could go wrong with this?

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
They're just begging for one of those teachers to get fed up of their unruly students and cap one of them.

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
At this point people should just admit they believe mass murdered children is the new price of "freedom" and move on with their lives.

These are not real solutions.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Please just replay that teacher's question from the CNN debate over and over again until this awful idea dies.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
A teacher adept at firearms could also threaten and execute "unruly" children, or go on a spree themselves after having a personal crisis.

We are now at the "bring in the Chinese needle snakes to eat the lizards" phase of our master plan.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That was his takeaway from his meeting with the kids and parents huh? 2.5 more years of being the laughingstock of the globe.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
All it would take is one kid running up to his teacher and giving a hug, and 2 people are dead before he realizes what just happened.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is so fucking dumb. People who are suggesting that we arm teachers and general staff are idiots.

Fruit

Oct 25, 2017
Here is my question.... so where are the guns going to be stored? Locked box in each class? That seems like a great fucking idea. Put a gun in a classroom where the students outnumber the teacher 30 to 1... Really great

That's just a great scenario for both parties, ain't it?
Stress for the teacher because he has a gun and there's 30 students in the classroom at a time.
Stress for the students because the teacher has a fucking gun.

Thanks for putting this terrible scenario into words for me so I can tell people no on this in another way.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
That's just a great scenario for both parties, ain't it?
Stress for the teacher because he has a gun and there's 30 students in the classroom at a time.
Stress for the students because the teacher has a fucking gun.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Fuck.... what if a student goes up to a teacher, hit her, and take her gun. The student doesn't even need to find a gun then. They have them already in the fucking school.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
His reasoning was really half-hearted and clearly not well thought out.

They are arguing that mass-shooters are insane and have mental illness, then they expect them to reason that it would be too dangerous to shoot at students with armed teachers and not go through with it. If they were rational actors, they wouldn't throw their own lives away (often, literally) to shoot up schools.

This is basically what being caught between a rock and a hard place is like for Trump... he needs NRA money and they are his accomplices in the Russian laundering scheme, but he can't in good faith present a solution that calls for more guns and expect anyone to go for it.