- Oct 27, 2017
Hello and welcome to the ResetERA thread where we discuss all thing related to "The Promised Neverland".
"Emma, Norman and Ray are the brightest kids at the Grace Field House orphanage. And under the care of the woman they refer to as “Mom,” all the kids have enjoyed a comfortable life. Good food, clean clothes and the perfect environment to learn—what more could an orphan ask for? One day, though, Emma and Norman uncover the dark truth of the outside world they are forbidden from seeing."
(From Viz Media, North American Publisher of the Series)
Drama - Fantasy - Thriller
WHY SHOULD I READ THIS?
I'd recommend this because it's really refreshing for a Shonen Jump series and offers a really nice change of pace from their various works with super-powered martial artists (not to dismiss those works, lord knows I'm a sucker for those). This story does a great job of keeping you guessing and the art does a simply stellar job of expressing the feelings of the characters as they are put in stressful and sometimes traumatizing situations. I honestly wouldn't want to say more than this because this is a work that is best enjoyed with minimal prior knowledge.
You can read Chapter 1 here which should give you a good idea of whether this is something you'd be interested in without taking too much time.
Also, don't you want to be a cool person and get into this before it gets an anime adaptation and becomes a worldwide phenomenon? ...No? Well...what if I told you that this series received the "Eiichiro Oda Seal of Approval"? I thought so!
WHERE CAN I READ THIS?
You can read this on Viz Media's "Weekly Shonen Jump" magazine, available on iOS, Android as well as their website. A subscription only costs $3 per month (or you can do $26 per year) and gets you a localized version of the famous Japanese manga magazine with new issues every Monday and chapters being officially released at the same time as they come out in Japan (which I still think is crazy). You can also buy the volumes as they become available in your country!
WHAT CAN WE DISCUSS HERE?
- You can discuss the chapters as they are released on the internet. This usually happens on Fridays. As soon as a new chapter comes out, untagged discussion of its contents is allowed. But what if you read the chapters as they come out officially in Weekly Shonen Jump on Mondays? Well in that case you can just stay clear of the thread until Monday comes and then come post your impressions along with the rest of us. Or you can also do what I do which is read it when it comes out online to be able to partake in discussions...and then read it again when WSJ comes out on Monday.
- If you're getting into the series, you can discuss your impressions as you go through it. It's always fun to see newcomers react to various events in your favorite series. If you do that, obviously you wouldn't want to get spoiled so I'd recommend only posting your impressions and reacting to posts that are directly quoting/tagging you. As long as you do that, you shouldn't be afraid of the thread so please don't hesitate to update us on your thoughts.
- You can discuss news related to the series, it's creators, post fan-art. your crazy speculation, your fan-fiction and pretty much anything else that is in some way related to this series (like I said when at the top).
- Do not name or give acronyms for scan providers.
- Do not post scans or links to scans. If you want a link to a new chapter, ask for someone to PM you.
- Do not discuss untagged spoilers of a chapter before it comes out.
- If your post is quoting/tagging someone who is not yet caught up, try to make sure nothing in your post spoils the series for them.
- Be nice to each other.
"It's hunting time."