• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I really really really need to catch up to this manga. I only read volume 1 which I liked then dropped off T_T

OP
OP
Stowaway Silfer

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just re-read the latest chapter and man I'm just too much in love with the message of "Fighting Back" in this series. Like, we see one girl lead a demon away as instructed by the plan, remove her hood now that she doesn't need to mislead the demon into thinking she may be Emma and as she faces this demon that wants to eat her, is physically superior to her and is part of a group that has killed her companions in the past, she just smiles at the idea of getting revenge, having outsmarted it and having hope that she is part of the movement that will change the ways of this fucked up world. God I love this series too much.
MXk1g49.jpg

Even with Lucas, you can tell that behind that smile is a satisfaction of years and years of planning coming together and he is now able to avenge his comrades as well as the many kids who died, buying time for this event to be able to happen. This is why these three words and that accompanying illustration have me hyped beyond belief.

Now, where is my Dr stone's thread?
...Shit

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Ok let's read a couple more chapters. Man that final panel at chapter 31 is still amazing, let's see were this goes.

Chapter 32 - what a great chapter
Emma and Ray doing nothing is the right move and using body language to give false information is great, they learned from that Krone defeat. And now we know why Ray never intended on escaping, he was always bait for the escape, what a great speech. Now burn ......

Chapter 33/34 - genius
Norman with that plan all along, and now i know why Emma had her ear cut in the volume cover, it was all for distraction. Phil is about to cut this bitch isn't he? The guy is supposed to be the 4 smartest kid, there was to be a reason he's there.

Chapter 35 - i see
Damn that kid is smart he already knew something was up, the plan was change they will be back one day, Phil is now the man of the house.

Hey Silfer just noticed that you made the OT in EtcetEra instead of Hangouts, you should ask a mod to move it.

Last edited:

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I was just thinking the other day that we needed a Wonderland OT, nice to know i'm covered lol

Anyway, just got into this a few months ago and completely caught up, holy hell is this one of the best 'new' things i've read in a while. Writing, art, concepts, its all top tier stuff. Can't wait for the eventual anime adaptation that will turn it into the next big thing imho.

A few random points
-What really is going to make the eventual anime explode wont be the quality in itself, but how much its shocking elements go well with the whole "youtubers/reaction channels" phenomenon
-Emma is by far one of the best female leads in mangas
-All the 'main' kids are so full of personality, i love it
-Isabella is my favourite character, i love Mom so much
-The way it slightly changes genre everytime, from 'escape from prison' to 'adventure' to 'survival game', its always a big thrill not knowing which direction the series will take
-I know this isnt going to last as much as other Jump series, but i think there is still a lot to cover
-Having early teen characters that cannot be sexualized is such a breath of fresh air
-The best part of the art is how it exaggerates expressions to convey their feelings
-Demons designs are actually pretty cool, like straight out of a proper fantasy series
-That Demon who is pratically Emma's rival and her Hisoka/Orochimaru figure is also really cool
-You can actually feel the enormous compassion Minerva had for these kids, i almost teared up in the last chapter

-Most importantly i love how this is all a big metaphore for how we raise our own food, by making them similar to us and very relatable and heavily antagonizing the demons you obviously root for them, then you get introduced to cattle boys and think 'that's basically the intensive farming we use for pi-OH WAIT NOW I GET THE WHOLE SHOW SHIT"

One of the best discoveries i did in years, can't see where this goes.

OP
OP
Stowaway Silfer

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
-What really is going to make the eventual anime explode wont be the quality in itself, but how much its shocking elements go well with the whole "youtubers/reaction channels" phenomenon
Can you imagine if "You haven't given up yet right?" happens not halfway through an episode but at the end instead? The hype on the internet will be out of control.
-The way it slightly changes genre everytime, from 'escape from prison' to 'adventure' to 'survival game', its always a big thrill not knowing which direction the series will take
Yeah I really love this aspect of it as well. Keeps it fresh. Even though you may have your type of arc that you prefer over an other, you at least never get sick of something.
-Demons designs are actually pretty cool, like straight out of a proper fantasy series
Dude the demon designs are fantastic. They look like bosses I'd want to fight in an action game.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Chapter 36 - well i guess
they are out, those other kids are the real mvp's for working on everything during the 2 months

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017

Really liked the
Ray and "Ghost" Norman convo, and how Ray realizes just how wrong he was to abandon hope and have little faith on the other kids. Him watching them unfold all their hard work and becoming key to the escape was awesome. Followed by Ray finally admiting deafeat to Norman.

OP
OP
Stowaway Silfer

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Chapter 36 - well i guess
they are out, those other kids are the real mvp's for working on everything during the 2 months
Really liked the
Ray and "Ghost" Norman convo, and how Ray realizes just how wrong he was to abandon hope and have little faith on the other kids. Him watching them unfold all their hard work and becoming key to the escape was awesome. Followed by Ray finally admiting deafeat to Norman.

Lol why are you spoiler tagging here? This ain't the One Piece thread anymore you can speak freely. (It's just you have to be careful and only engage with posts quoting you)

But yeah the kids accepting reality and prepping for the escape is an excellent moment. And Ray realizing his mistakes is also great and something that really changes his character going forward.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Chapter 37 - Oh shit Ray is Mama real son, i thought about it when i saw her pregnant but didn't think the timeline would fit. Damn she admited defeat and helped them in the end, Phil my man you must be carefull she on to you, she knows.

That it for the arc, definitely an amazing start.

Lol why are you spoiler tagging here? This ain't the One Piece thread anymore you can speak freely. (It's just you have to be careful and only engage with posts quoting you)

But yeah the kids accepting reality and prepping for the escape is an excellent moment. And Ray realizing his mistakes is also great and something that really changes his character going forward.

Yeah i know, i has just doing it to be carefull in case we got some newcomers in here, don't want to spoiled them by mistake.

Ray evolution this last few chapters was great, the guy was having his mind blown just watching it all happen.

OP
OP
Stowaway Silfer

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Chapter 37 - Oh shit Ray is Mama real son, i thought about it when i saw her pregnant but didn't think the timeline would fit. Damn she admited defeat and helped them in the end, Phil my man you must be carefull she on to you, she knows.

That it for the arc, definitely an amazing start.

Yeah i know, i has just doing it to be carefull in case we got some newcomers in here, don't want to spoiled them by mistake.

Ray evolution this last few chapters was great, the guy was having his mind blown just watching it all happen.

Phil is the real MVP. And the conclusion with Mom helping them...whew. Man now I wanna re-read

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I remember the thread in the other place where we all thought Phil was a traitor until the next chapter came out. Lmao

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Mom is the best.
I'm sure we'll see her again, although i supposed she probably got kicked out of her role.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It just wasn't translated yet which doesn't matter since tomorrow is the official release which is better. Korean scan looked crazy good though.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Promised Neverland is so good, happy to see a thread about it here

Thing will explode when the anime releases. I think this year is the year. 13 episode for the escape arc in autmn would be perfect. 26 would have bad pacing. Guess they could do the escape till losing Emma to Goldy Pond in 26.

I already love all the manga promotion videos on Youtube...

OP
OP
Stowaway Silfer

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thing will explode when the anime releases. I think this year is the year. 13 episode for the escape arc in autmn would be perfect. 26 would have bad pacing. Guess they could do the escape till losing Emma to Goldy Pond in 26.

I already love all the manga promotion videos on Youtube...
For it to come in Autumn I think we'd have known about it for a while.

I'm not sure when we'll get it but if what people are saying about the author having submitted the whole story to Jump before serialization began is true, maybe Shueisha is just waiting for it to end so that it can have a single anime run with no filler. (Kinda like Death Note)

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah this is gonna be huge, and with a wider appeal than shounen or battle animes.

Plus as i said, it has a lot of twists and shocking moments that are the bread and butter of current 'hype' culture.

I think it will be S1 Escape from Grace Field and end with them climbing down the wall, then S2 Escape in the forest and Goldy Pond arcs.

Tomasoares

Oct 28, 2017
New chapter is awesome, but I expect the demons to show some strength too. Hopefully some fodders will die

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
New chapter is awesome, but I expect the demons to show some strength too. Hopefully some fodders will die
Some of the other demons might put up a close fight, but they're still gonna die.
On the other hand I can see the big bad guy of this arc surviving, even if wounded, and he's gonna take a lot of the kids down before that.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
RETALIATION! FINALLY!

But yeah, the moment any of the kids fucks up its an assured slaughter.
Lewies is basically the Hisoka of TPN which means he alone is going to tally up a massive bodycount.

Belladonna

Oct 30, 2017
I generally don't read manga much but I got hooked up onto Neverland when it was starting serialising in Jump. It felt fresh and not like a regular Jump manga. Need to read the latest chapter today!

OP
OP
Stowaway Silfer

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This chapter was hype as anticipated. Knew that girl with the beanie was gonna do some cool stuff. I hope she makes it out of this.
It's cool that we get a sense for the personalities of these various demons as well. Makes them interesting in ways that go beyond them being some force the kids have to deal with.

OP
OP
Stowaway Silfer

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yay we were moved.
———
Also...can someone tell me when chapters for this actually cone out? Cause I usually read this in Jump on Mondays and for other Jump series that have OTs here I read them on Fridays and so I just put that in the OT but that's two Fridays that it has missed.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yay we were moved.
———
Also...can someone tell me when chapters for this actually cone out? Cause I usually read this in Jump on Mondays and for other Jump series that have OTs here I read them on Fridays and so I just put that in the OT but that's two Fridays that it has missed.

Whenever the pirating sites get around to it.

If you mean when does the legal copy come out; monday, when the Shonen jump issue is released, same as all shonen jump titles.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Turns out their are two volumes of the Promised Neverland for sales on the WSJ app. So I'm gonna try picking them up soon. Excited to read it as one of my buds would not stop praising this thing when we talk about manga.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good chapter today. I feel like they lingered on the first half a hair too long, but it was satisfying to seem them kill that demon, and I'm excited to see how they take down Nous and Nouma (not sure if those are the right names lol)

I'm glad this is moving at a pretty brisk pace as well, it's pretty refreshing compared to the drawn out nature of the other Shōnen jump manga

Yay we were moved.
———
I'm not sure tbh, I've seen it come out anywhere from Friday to Monday

E: should i spoiler tag if the chapter's been released already?

OP
OP
Stowaway Silfer

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Really liked this chapter. Beanie Girl is hype and is among my favorite characters already.
The kids leading the two brothers into the trap and revealing their secret weapons was cool. I wonder if all of them will succeed though. Few shots and some might miss. But the first group was pretty accurate so maybe the other's are as well.

I'm glad this is moving at a pretty brisk pace as well, it's pretty refreshing compared to the drawn out nature of the other Shōnen jump manga
Black Clover
E: should i spoiler tag if the chapter's been released already?
Nah. It's out in scans and officially now so it's fine. As soon as scans come out, it's fair game.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Really liked this chapter. Beanie Girl is hype and is among my favorite characters already.
The kids leading the two brothers into the trap and revealing their secret weapons was cool. I wonder if all of them will succeed though. Few shots and some might miss. But the first group was pretty accurate so maybe the other's are as well.

Black Clover

Nah. It's out in scans and officially now so it's fine. As soon as scans come out, it's fair game.
I think some of them will die for sure. Either against bayon or Lewis

Tbh I dropped black clover a while ago bc it was so slow lol. I will probably binge it once it's over, or catch up eventually.

OP
OP
Stowaway Silfer

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think some of them will die for sure. Either against bayon or Lewis

Tbh I dropped black clover a while ago bc it was so slow lol. I will probably binge it once it's over, or catch up eventually.

Yeah Bayon and Lewis will probably take someone out to warrant how they've been built up as threats.

(Also, slow is not something I've heard concerning BC before lol so that's interesting.)

Tomasoares

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like they'll focus at one demon each time. I loved the part that shows humans not being so different from the demons lol It is still too easy for the survivors, although they've stated that that leader was the weakest of the group.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I usually am pretty weirded out by kids or teens killing, but in this story, the demons had it long coming, they turned these kids into psychopaths themselves.

OP
OP
Stowaway Silfer

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I usually am pretty weirded out by kids or teens killing, but in this story, the demons had it long coming, they turned these kids into psychopaths themselves.

Yeah I hope that comes into play at some point. Like, maybe once they make it to the human world they realize how different they are and they'll have to learn a whole new way of living.

Hell, I wonder how those kids will feel once they see our fucked up world. I imagine they'll be extremely weirded out by how common it is for humans to kill others of their kind. (though they're already aware of that with that clan that sells children off to the demons)

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Re. Ch.79

That scream Nous make sounded so sad and desperate in my head, he probably never expected his companion to bite the dust during 'a game'.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
i hope they kill the other black demon quickly lol, guy might get one of em

this is so exciting, i love this manga