The Promised Neverland |OT| Minerva's Den

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Leuvis being alive wasn't a huge surprise for the reason mentioned above. I imagine if season 2 of the anime was done by this point, and it animated that, it would have felt less like it came out of nowhere for other people.

And yeah, not much else left to resolve, unless Leuvis becomes an antagonist.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I find it less weird that he's alive, but more the fact that he just waltz in and fixes everything.

NHarmonic.

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I get Emma's message but damn, if there's something that people like Ratri share is that their #1 priority is self preservation, even if it means destroying everyone around or the world. So all this neutral, put-yourself-on-the-shoes-of-others talk reads like just naivety and giving too much credit to asshole people. The montage the author does trying to explain this motivation is weird too, considering the current conflicts of the world; should Palestinian people accept or try to understand Israel's actions? or the abused and damaged should give space to the abusers to explain their points? or are there people in the world that just love that power dynamic and love to take advantage of the weaker because they can?

I don't know. The "both sides" trend in media ends up always benefiting just one side, next you'll tell me Nazis should have a platform because we have to listen to their points and try to find middle ground, Boogie-like. Fuck that.

Oct 25, 2017
I dont know If I would have done that whole page of conflicts that don't exist in the series, I guess trying to leave a social message in their story...where norman gets away with mass murder...???

Anyway

Understanding ends are always nice.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else have very little recollection of Chris and Mary? It was a big "For Jared" (FFXV) moment to me lol.

Art was particularly good at least.
Man what happened to this series
Trying to draw comparisons to the current ongoings of the series to real world issues like immigration and the coronavirus of all things was a choice lol. Been in a tailspin for a while but this was rough (even if I think the author is probably well intentioned).

Lotus

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to draw comparisons to the current ongoings of the series to real world issues like immigration and the coronavirus of all things was a choice lol. Been in a tailspin for a while but this was rough (even if I think the author is probably well intentioned).
It's like, it's not even that a manga could never pull something like that off, it's just that Promised Neverland is absolutely not the one to do it

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
We'll see how it all ends but trying to draw parallels to real world stuff kind of rings hollow when the fictional world you created has magical blood and an all powerful god to fix things for them so they can side step tackling the truly hard stuff. It's not over yet but....yeah.

OP
OP
Silfer

Silfer

Oct 27, 2017
I liked Peter Ratri telling them that humans are messed up and the other side ain't paradise either because the reaction to that world from the kids who've been fighting to reach it for so long is something I've been curious about since the start.