• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
It's the preview we've all been waiting for.

A stunning three seconds of the op song

OP
OP
Stowaway Silfer

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is gonna be crazy popular when the anime airs. The manga already sells really well without an anime boost.

Oct 25, 2017
New humans have potential. kind of wish they made more drama in this forest arc and made it last longer, feels like we're racing through it.

If the cast was just five or six kids, I think this manga would have really excelled, feels like we're carrying too much dead weight.

OP
OP
Stowaway Silfer

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Really good chapter today!
I like how the kids weren't just twiddling their thumbs while Emma and co. were out there investigating. Makes them more useful and likable, makes this story more believable and it just makes Lucas and Yugo even better characters than they already were, making their absence more emotional to me. It also helps ground Emma more since her goal while noble is pretentious (or selfish as these things are ironically often described in anime/manga by other characters) in the way that she thinks it's up to her to shoulder everything so it's nice that the kids pull their weight more, allowing her to ease up just a little bit.

Anyway, found the last two chapters very engaging which gives me high hopes for this coming arc compared to the recent stuff.

Curious about those kids at the end. Those tools are pretty primitive.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
This is my new favorite character
Ht3ESTw.png

Oct 25, 2017

lol more and more this continues to feel like the author read or watched all of the future dystopian YA movies and was like, I want to make a novel like those. This whole freeing all the farms and making their own "nation" of sorts even feels like several. Whats next, infiltrating the main city Hunger Games/HusbandoRunner/Divergent style?

Hayato is great new character design.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Finally, a heist arc.

Nothing to suspect about the new characters. Nothing at all.

OP
OP
Stowaway Silfer

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Good chapter. I wonder if Anna being here was somehow in response to her surprising popularity. Probably not but I still found it funny considering the situation.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Damn im kinda lost, i shouldn't have taken so long to get back to it. Im gonna have to re-read it again starting from the Lucas intro.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Man that Nous eating Nouma scene is still great

EDIT:

Fuck yeah beanie girl got saved, she's cool i liked her 'eat lead' page during her fight with Luce.

Nous is going crazy or did he really absorved Nouma? Oh yeah Ray's back.

Ten minutes over and Lewis just did the ''move very fast and appear behind you looking all cool and powerful'' move. I'm digging him as a villain so far.

Last edited:

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised it took this long for Anna's inexplicable popularity to get her included in an arc. And yeah, there's no question that's why she's going on this mission.

Anyway, this arc looks interesting. I'm dreading when they get a look at the factory farm humans.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Lewis is having so much fun right now, there was no way he could have predicted Ray/Old dude appearing so that mask shot was unavoidable.

Also 80% of the new guys are on life support right now lol they had it rough.

OP
OP
Stowaway Silfer

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Good chapter. Those demons waiting at the top were pretty scary. I haven't felt the fear like that in a demon situation in a while. The rep that Grace Field kids have is cool to see and makes this world more interesting so I always like seeing attention being brought to that. The demons' language use remains weirdly inconsistent however.
Happy to see Zazie show up. Badass panel of him saving Emma. I'm looking forward to learning more about him, as well as seeing Minerva's crew more. I really liked their intros.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The tension felt by Emma getting jumped by those demons was intense. Then that Zazie guy ruined it. Eh, still dunno how to feel about these guys, they feel a bit too "shounen-esque". It's not like Yugo, who was a competent adult without being randomly strong af

OP
OP
Stowaway Silfer

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The tension felt by Emma getting jumped by those demons was intense. Then that Zazie guy ruined it. Eh, still dunno how to feel about these guys, they feel a bit too "shounen-esque". It's not like Yugo, who was a competent adult without being randomly strong af
They certainly do seem a lot less grounded than the other humans but that's why for me right now they're interesting. Beyond seeming kinda "fun" in a refreshing way for the series, I'm curious to see how that's explained and justified (cause for now it's "refreshing" because of the potential but if explained poorly it could just break things). They've lived in that crazy world for a while presumably so I can get that they'd be weird.
For Zazie, I think it's implied he's from a mass production farm and/or otherwise particularly inhumane one (inability to speak and him hiding his face maybe from being disfigured by whatever was done with him) like Adam and the ones from the one they burned down so if that ends up being the case that may explain the weird strength.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They certainly do seem a lot less grounded than the other humans but that's why for me right now they're interesting. Beyond seeming kinda "fun" in a refreshing way for the series, I'm curious to see how that's explained and justified (cause for now it's "refreshing" because of the potential but if explained poorly it could just break things). They've lived in that crazy world for a while presumably so I can get that they'd be weird.
For Zazie, I think it's implied he's from a mass production farm and/or otherwise particularly inhumane one (inability to speak and him hiding his face maybe from being disfigured by whatever was done with him) like Adam and the ones from the one they burned down so if that ends up being the case that may explain the weird strength.

I guess, it just feels different than say, that one super deformed bulky kid from the Goldy Pond arc.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
This was my take as well.

OP
OP
Stowaway Silfer

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised this will be on Crunchyroll and not Prime Video like other Noitanima shows. Doesn't change much for me though and it's probably better if they want good numbers.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been catching up to this series and I have to say I really liked the Golden Pond Hunt arc on my fresh first impression.

But I also need clarification on something, did any kids actually die with that final confrontation with Andrew? It looks like a kid was shot in the head and some others were killed off panel, but they aren't ever mentioned. Only Yugo and Lucas are mentioned in the follow up chapters and it's really weird.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Haven't commented on the last batch of chapters, but i liked them, and the infiltration into the plantation was tense as fuck.
Considering we are near the end, i will not surprised if some secondary characters starts dropping like flies.

Re:118: It was obvious but man, that put a huge smile on my face!

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I got teary eyed with this chapter, holy shit Posuka Demizu outdid herself with Emma's expressions.

Holy shit, so good.