• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's obviously also not him but the original one and the one we know is an imperfect clone (which we got told like 100 times at the begining) which also makes sense with our big clone dude. :)

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Wow this Lewis fight is so good right now, the dude is taking on everything.

EDIT: And he's gone, that's some interesting memories he had before he dies, humm .....

End of the arc, it was a good 2nd arc not as good as the first one but still very enjoyable.

Wait ... Lewis body is gone ... oh something is going on, the others body are still there but not his.

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Read up til Ch. 106. I prefer to read songoing mangas every 6 month and bing read them as it's much better for me that way.

Anyways, the manga has been great. Goldy Pond was a neat action packed arc and Levius was a neat antagonist. Really psyched for the anime just so I can introduce my brothers to the series.
One thing I enjoy about the series is how quickly it clears up mysteries, not letting things dangle for too long and giving the cast a goal to stride through with each time they manage to progress.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. The happy reunion has occurred. Guess things can wrap up in a week or two.

Seems like Ray has probably figured out whatever is going on somewhat. Saw the same tattoo that the big guy (Adam?) and Norman has (last we saw him at least).

I really like how the last two pages are drawn with the backgrounds kind of looking out of focus/softer. The whole place they showed up to looks neat as well.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
You know, has the mangaka said anything about being influenced by A Series of Unfortunate Events? The Minerva stuff reminds me a lot of VFD. A secret organization that's helping the main characters from the background, the pen is like the VFD looking glass, both sets of leads arrive at bases they hope to be safe but are abandoned, the emphasis on secret codes.

Also, the anime starts tomorrow, right? Is anyone making an OT?

Dec 28, 2018
You know, has the mangaka said anything about being influenced by A Series of Unfortunate Events? The Minerva stuff reminds me a lot of VFD. A secret organization that's helping the main characters from the background, the pen is like the VFD looking glass, both sets of leads arrive at bases they hope to be safe but are abandoned, the emphasis on secret codes.

Also, the anime starts tomorrow, right? Is anyone making an OT?
From interviews I've read he never has, but just because he didn't mention it doesn't mean he couldn't have been influenced by it somehow. As for the anime unless the date changed it starts the 10th.
Edit: I was wrong it starts the 11th not the 10th, my bad.
Double Edit: Okay so I was browsing through the bowels of anime twitter and I saw several people saying that the anime is airing tomorrow. So I basically have no clue when the damn anime is airing as I for some reason thought it was airing on the 10th, and then I looked it up and one site said the 11th, and now I see some people saying the 9th.

Last edited:

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
From interviews I've read he never has, but just because he didn't mention it doesn't mean he couldn't have been influenced by it somehow. As for the anime unless the date changed it starts the 10th.
Edit: I was wrong it starts the 11th not the 10th, my bad.
Double Edit: Okay so I was browsing through the bowels of anime twitter and I saw several people saying that the anime is airing tomorrow. So I basically have no clue when the damn anime is airing as I for some reason thought it was airing on the 10th, and then I looked it up and one site said the 11th, and now I see some people saying the 9th.
So in Japan, it airs at midnight from 10th to 11th of January. In the EU/US, the premiere will be on the 9th but I believe afterwards episodes will come out every Thursday. Though I have no clue what time the episode will come out.

Dec 28, 2018
So in Japan, it airs at midnight from 10th to 11th of January. In the EU/US, the premiere will be on the 9th but I believe afterwards episodes will come out every Thursday. Though I have no clue what time the episode will come out.
Oh I wasn't aware that it was airing first in the EU/US I was looking at the wrong air date then, thanks for the clarification.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Is there an official OT for this show yet? I was thinking The Promised Neverland |OT| It's going to eat you up.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing fresh eyes watching the opening arc will be exquisite.

Especially when we get to the match alluded in the opening.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Man, episode 1 was better than I ever thought it would be. Pretty much a perfect adaption.
They really captured the art style and expressiveness of the characters perfectly.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

Thought for sure we'd get a shot of Minerva's logo at least, but no, zero spoilers, aside from the second Mama whose name I have forgotten by this point.

Last edited:

nomemorial

Oct 27, 2017
Episode 1 was wonderful. Hope this is as huge as it deserves to be.

Can't wait for the next episode/next chapter! Gonna be fun going through this in both formats since I'm current with the manga as of now.

Diablos54

Oct 26, 2017
They nailed the first episode, really hoping this catches on because the first arc especially is amazing. Now to start the weekly wait...

Dec 28, 2018
As someone who doubted CloverWorks on whether they would be able adapt this properly or not, they did a pretty good job on the first episode. Not to say that this gets rid of all of my worries entirely but I'm much more hopeful now than I was before. Also something that did surprise me was that the demons were not cgi. I know that the demons don't show up much in the first arc but it still would have bugged me cause cgi in anime always looks bad to me.

Oct 25, 2017
Ray was smiling in the OP, like legit smiling. and with an UVERworld song at that, can an OP be even more perfect than this already is?!

Not a fan of Ray's voice, doesnt really match his personality.

The demons not being CGI subverted my expectations.

Dec 28, 2018
They kinda make it really obvious that Ray knows more than he's letting on, but maybe I only think that due to reading the manga

Time to watch Land of the Lustrous.
I have heard a lot of good things about that show but I never bothered watching it because of it being cgi. Might give it a go since I'm not watching much else this season.

Dec 28, 2018
that was my fear the whole time since multiple other shows with demon type enemies (Zestiria, Touken Ranbu) did go for the bland CGI route.
Won't lie that was a pretty big worry I had as well before the show aired. Cause like you I've seen shows that went the cgi route for the non human characters and it always looks bad and I thought the same might happen here but thankfully it didn't.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Finally reading again & caught up from where I was last time I posted in here (Ch. 111).

Holy hell, Andrew got got. What a brutal end for Two-Face.

Even after these last few chapters, I'm still super wary of Jin & Hayato (and now Zazie). Can't shake the feeling!

Finally, big wowie at the end of 118. Again, super wary, but still...wowie.

Now I just gotta watch the first episode later.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I did feel like the anime made it too obvious that Ray knew more than he was letting on, but yeah, it's probably just because I knew about future events. No one in the anime thread brought it up yet.

As for Ray's voice, I always imagined him with Sasuke's pre-timeskip voice (from Naruto), honestly.

I can't quite remember if it was added or not, but if it was, nice touch introducing Isabella's song earlier.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Welp. That was a dope episode 1.

I guess I'm about to pick up this manga, because there's no way I'm going to be able to last week to week on this great mystery premise. Plus I dont know how a bunch of 11 and unders deal with this situation (even with the 3 prodigies).

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I did feel like the anime made it too obvious that Ray knew more than he was letting on, but yeah, it's probably just because I knew about future events. No one in the anime thread brought it up yet

There are hints in the manga, the anime just has a new scene where ray reemphasized "it's obviously a lie (about the outside being dangerous)". Heck the anime removed (iirc) ray expressly noting that Emma and Norman don't have the bunny toy anymore.

poutmeter

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I've started reading the manga very long time ago and the first episode managed to get me to binge read the rest in a few days.
For a bunch of children living in the wild, hunted, and surrounded by demons, they sure are in a fine condition. Aside from Norman, Yuugo and Lucas, not a whole lot of known characters were ever in real danger - everything feels safe despite the circumstances they're living in. The manga started off really strong, and I was worried and waiting for characters to be killed off left and right given the premise, but so far, so good. Except for a few unnamed/barely mentioned characters getting red-shirted, most of the group is intact and fine. Guess things will get real from now and on.

I really do like the manga overall, and can't wait for the next chapter! When will it be released?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I've started reading the manage a very long time ago and the first episode managed to get me to binge read the rest in a few days.
For a bunch of children living in the wild, hunted, and surrounded by demons, they sure are in a fine condition. Aside from Norman, Yuugo and Lucas, not a whole lot of known characters were ever in real danger - everything feels safe despite the circumstances they're living in. The manga started off really strong, and I was worried and waiting for characters to be killed off left and right given the premise, but so far, so good. Except for a few unnamed/barely mentioned characters getting red-shirted, most of the group is intact and fine. Guess things will get real from now and on.

I really do like the manga overall, and can't wait for the next chapter! When will it be released?
its one of the leading reasons why many fans have pushed for Emma to be killed. It would add the tension and suspense that the series has missed and finally raise the stakes in a way that does something that shakes the series at its core. Ray and Norman taking up the deceased Emma's life mission and idea would be fantastic and bittersweet allowing them to bond in their memory and grow closer together as they take their family to a new world.

next chapter is this weekend.

poutmeter

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
its one of the leading reasons why many fans have pushed for Emma to be killed. It would add the tension and suspense that the series has missed and finally raise the stakes in a way that does something that shakes the series at its core. Ray and Norman taking up the deceased Emma's life mission and idea would be fantastic and bittersweet allowing them to bond in their memory and grow closer together as they take their family to a new world.

There needs to be changes made. Emma has always been front and center, but at the start of the manga, it was truly a team effort. You had Norman and Ray plotting, while Emma was the drive to propel them forward towards planning a better future. Ever since Norman was taken out of the picture, the focus shifted way too much on Emma and her idealism - which is great, she's a much needed beacon of hope in dire circumstances, but it worked when it was accompanied by the other two's skepticism and deviousness.

There needs to be more focus on the rest of the children, and give them substantial parts in moving the story forward. For now, more and more characters are being added they're getting lost in the crowd, which is a shame because I really like Lucas' squad and wish they had a bigger role.

Can't wait for the weekend! This is why I hate on-going anything; I can't stand the waiting!

poutmeter

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
It'd be cruel to off Emma before she leads the cattle children to their promised 'paradise'.

Protect Emma at all costs.

Oct 25, 2017
The series has influences from YA series.

One YA series was actually daring enough to kill off the femlead just before getting to the goal, I could imagine the same happening here.

Dec 28, 2018
Man I think I've just read one of the worst takes ever on this site. Because I'm pretty damn sure nobody else has ever wanted Emma to be killed off except for DTL. And it would have really rubbed me the wrong way if one of the few god damned female main characters was to be killed off and then replaced by a male one. Like god forbid we have a main character who's female because as far I'm concerned there's already more than enough male MCs out there. I can guarantee if Emma was male DTL wouldn't be spouting out that dumb nonsense. Hell I'll take it one step further and say that if the entire cast of TPN was male DTL would be praising it as the best Shonen to ever come out.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Man I think I've just read one of the worst takes ever on this site. Because I'm pretty damn sure nobody else has ever wanted Emma to be killed off except for DTL. And it would have really rubbed me the wrong way if one of the few god damned female main characters was to be killed off and then replaced by a male one. Like god forbid we have a main character who's female because as far I'm concerned there's already more than enough male MCs out there. I can guarantee if Emma was male DTL wouldn't be spouting out that dumb nonsense. Hell I'll take it one step further and say that if the entire cast of TPN was male DTL would be praising it as the best Shonen to ever come out.
Thank you.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I looked and I looked, but there were no lies to be found.

Dec 28, 2018
Like DTL just admit that you wish Emma was male instead of making up some dumb bullshit reason why her death would apparently be good for the series, like it's just so damn obvious why you want her dead. I'm gonna leave at that cause I'm already mad enough as is.

poutmeter

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think Emma can easily be replaced, and I'm far too fond of her. It's not often we have a female lead who isn't just about her charm/cuteness/etc, but is an actual force to be reckoned with. There might be people more cunning and smarter than her, but she's the heart of the series and family.

Now if they'd give Violet and Gillian stuff to do, I miss these two :(

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I really want it the red shirt deaths to be treated more significant. It was a bit weird that kids died from the Andrew encounter, but weren't mentioned at all despite living with the rest for around two years.

poutmeter

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
The only thing I really want it the red shirt deaths to be treated more significant. It was a bit weird that kids died from the Andrew encounter, but weren't mentioned at all despite living with the rest for around two years.

Same gripe, to be honest. The author wanted to give weight to how dangerous the situation was, but the characters killed off only showed up in that chapter. I like Lucas' team a lot, but it was too much that almost all of them made it to the shelter alive despite grievous injuries and a long journey.

I feel scummy talking about kids meeting their end, but everything feels too safe for a survival story.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Same gripe, to be honest. The author wanted to give weight to how dangerous the situation was, but the characters killed off only showed up in that chapter. I like Lucas' team a lot, but it was too much that almost all of them made it to the shelter alive despite grievous injuries and a long journey.

I feel scummy talking about kids meeting their end, but everything feels too safe for a survival story.
Well not many kids have strong enough characterization, so picking someone for a big impact death is pretty slim pickings. I doubt many people were on the edge of their seats over whether Chris was going to make it.

Nov 3, 2017

I wish I could convert bad hot takes into energy. This post could have saved the world

Dec 28, 2018
While the lack of death doesn't really bother me much I will say that it did annoy me a wee bit when it came to the fight against Nous. Cause the way it was drawn in Chapter 85 to me at least it looked like he had killed the GP kids he was fighting against but later we find out that they are all okay and I found that to be a bit jarring.

poutmeter

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Pages of the new chapter have been leaked and it's been so hard not to spoil myself.
Only a few more days to go, I hope my resolve is strong enough!