• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Until we know how Mujika does it, Emma also wants genocide in all but name. She doesn't want demons to eat people, but if they don't eat people, they essentially die (losing your sentience is death).

Honestly not sure what Emma thought would happen here. The demons eat kids for lulz? Of course it's for sustenance.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Emma's way, fleeing to the human world is the way that ensures the least demons die, but also means, that the demons will continue to do what they already do, her plan is only appealing for saving kids of the present but not the future. Normans way, destroying all farms, making a neverland there, ensures the continued squashing of the farm system and ensures humans now and in the future are saved.

Any alteration to the farm system leads to *intelligent* demons dying. Neither character has the truly altruistic peaceful solution. Emma's, running away, is actually the more selfish of the two methods from a human perspective.

Making a new promise, what i imagine will happen, is the most "altruistic" way and what i feel Emma still wants to accomplish.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Finally got to watch the first 3 eps of the anime, i really like this adaptation and the music is lit.

Was really funny to watch it with a couple of friends who do not follow the manga, them trying to formulate guesses or ideas like "jeez why don't they just try and kill Isabella?" and the show countering them just minutes after. This is a good proof of solid writing.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got to watch the first 3 eps of the anime, i really like this adaptation and the music is lit.

Was really funny to watch it with a couple of friends who do not follow the manga, them trying to formulate guesses or ideas like "jeez why don't they just try and kill Isabella?" and the show countering them just minutes after. This is a good proof of solid writing.
In retrospect, I wonder if manga readers like me pointing out that Krone and Emma weren't talking out loud in the manga in those scenes in episode 3 made the people posting in the show thread and general anime thread laser focus on them more than they would have. It does seem like anime viewers on other sites liked it just fine.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In retrospect, I wonder if manga readers like me pointing out that Krone and Emma weren't talking out loud in the manga in those scenes in episode 3 made the people posting in the show thread and general anime thread laser focus on them more than they would have.

I bet it didn't help...

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This has "Chapter 1" written all over it. Something's definitely fishy.

Imagine Norman is the new Isabella.

TheTyrant

Nov 27, 2018
Chapter 13

This little fucker daaaaaaaamn. Fantastic chapter, I'll be reading the manga now instead of the anime.

Tomasoares

Oct 28, 2017
Awesome chapter, for me it was hype as fuck haha

Looks like Emma and Normal will be playing against each other. Emma will probably win, though I wonder the demon's problem will be solved

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, Norman has redflags all over him.

Oh boy! A perfectly fine shelter that used to be a demon city and now is abandoned, what a coincidence! And it's full of cattle children? What are the odds!

Totally not a trap

Oct 25, 2017
Ray resting on Norman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 perfect.

Maybe ray is truly the skeptical one. He's the least excited of the character and also looks at him in a suspecting kind of way.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that building is suspicious as hell, plus the fact that the other kids (that were already in the base) are so shocked to see Norman on their level. I'm surprised the chapter ended on such a happy note instead of having Ray go, "You know there's something weird about this place, right?" to Emma.

Also, lol at Norman greeting Anna in particular.

Random thought, how long before we start seeing Emma in Jump fighting games? Light is precedence for a character from a series like this appearing. It would have been something if Emma was in Jump Force using guns and arrows and spoiling every anime watcher, haha.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that building is suspicious as hell, plus the fact that the other kids (that were already in the base) are so shocked to see Norman on their level. I'm surprised the chapter ended on such a happy note instead of having Ray go, "You know there's something weird about this place, right?" to Emma.

Also, lol at Norman greeting Anna in particular.

Random thought, how long before we start seeing Emma in Jump fighting games? Light is precedence for a character from a series like this appearing. It would have been something if Emma was in Jump Force using guns and arrows and spoiling every anime watcher, haha.
but Light isnt playable? Who would emma be partnered with.

Dec 28, 2018
Well that was a pretty wholesome chapter. And it seems that everyone is on board with genocide the demons plan. Not that I'm surprised since many of them have reasons why they'd want them all dead. Though I can't see this series going through with the genocide route. Emma and Norman are going to be butting heads later down the line about this I bet. But if Emma doesn't object for whatever reason I wonder how they would be able to accomplish this goal. I mean sure destroying low level farms would be easy enough to take out but I can't see them having an easy time with the higher quality ones. Cause if those farms employ Lewis level demons then I don't see how Norman and Emma and others would be able to get out of those situations without people dying. Heck I doubt Lewis was even the strongest demon so how would they deal with even stronger demons? Bomb them? Make as many as the kids a child soldier? Experiment on the children and make them super human? Again I'm doubtful the series will go this route but it would be interesting to see. Anyway another great chapter and I'm liking the direction this is going in.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You could see the shounen protagonist in Emma trying its darnest to come out this chapter, but Emma just bottled it all up lol

Dec 28, 2018
You could see the shounen protagonist in Emma trying its darnest to come out this chapter, but Emma just bottled it all up lol
I won't lie before I read this chapter I thought she'd speak up against Norman's plan so this surprised me. Though I'm betting that shounen protagonist side of her will break out soon enough.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I won't lie before I read this chapter I thought she'd speak up against Norman's plan so this surprised me. Though I'm betting that shounen protagonist side of her will break out soon enough.

It's a good turn, as it shows that yea, genocide is bad, but her family/the humans rightfully wants to just live their lives, so who is she to immediately object to that. Especially when it's not like she has an alternative in mind as of yet.

Dec 28, 2018
It's a good turn, as it shows that yea, genocide is bad, but her family/the humans rightfully wants to just live their lives, so who is she to immediately object to that. Especially when it's not like she has an alternative in mind as of yet.
The only thing she really has going for her as an alternative to Norman's plan is making a new promise which could easily go south. Cause unless the demon king is a super carefree guy I can't see him excepting any promise from Emma. So in the end genocide might be the only option to make sure everyone is able to live a happy life.
i think the writer will, actually, subvert expectations.
Mate don't start with the subverted expectations stuff like you do with MHA.

Nov 3, 2017

I will completely support a world where I can watch a 13 year old beat the shit out of Frieza by thinking real good

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Norman waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were demons in the base. He didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Misstor Minerva were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Norman was a orphan for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the gate and he said to mom "I want to be on the outside mommy."
Mom said "No! You will BE KILL BY DEMONS"
There was a time when he believed her. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the human farm base he knew there were demons.
"This is Minerva" the radio crackered. "You must fight the demons!"
So Norman gotted his palsma rifle and blew up the wall.
"HE GOING TO KILL US" said the demons "I will shoot at him" said the cyberdemon and he fired the rocket missiles. Norman plasmaed at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
"No! I must kill the demons" he shouted The radio said "No, Norman. You are the demons"
And then Norman was a zombie.

This is going to happen. Bank on it.

Tomasoares

Oct 28, 2017
Emma will play the same role she did with Mama in the first arc. She will be good and act well with Normal, especially because she does indeed like him, but at the same time she will play chess/politics in the underline and convince the children that this is not the right path.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017

And it did. But she was surprisingly rational about it, saying that she didn't oppose Norman's plan because she has no idea how there could be a way for both species to survive when they need human meat to exist even though she doesn't want to exterminate them all.

I'm guessing there will be a way revealed that doesn't involve human deaths, and then she'll go all in for it instead of Norman's kill 'em all strategy.

Dec 28, 2018
And it did. But she was surprisingly rational about it, saying that she didn't oppose Norman's plan because she has no idea how there could be a way for both species to survive when they need human meat to exist even though she doesn't want to exterminate them all.

I'm guessing there will be a way revealed that doesn't involve human deaths, and then she'll go all in for it instead of Norman's kill 'em all strategy.
Just read the chapter and her shounen protagonist side did indeed rear it's ugly head. Looks like she's found herself in quite the dilemma. And I'm not surprised that she's having such a hard time figuring out what to do. While genocide would guarantee her family happiness it would be at the expense of an entire race and like she pointed out not all demons are bad. And who knows if they could even win a war against the demons as is, no way not a single kid dies if that ends up happening. And I like how she points out that forging the new promise wouldn't be ideal either. Might be a bit naive on her part but I can see why she's looking it at this way. And I'm not against demons and humans living together but that has its own set or problems to deal with. Pretty interesting chapter and I wonder how she'll solve this issue.

Tomasoares

Oct 28, 2017
The most probable path, imo, is that she'll find a way to make both species live together, and by that, she'll probably seek Musica and his partner for answers.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Smart chapter. Emma's conflict is really perfectly explained.

And you can tell Ray is not that keen on Norman's shit, either.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
I'm super happy how smart Emma is as a protagonist. She's totally correct that her original plan is no longer workable; demons die if they don't eat humans (practically speaking), and she can't let them eat anyone else.

Maybe Musica's got the key.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
I'm super happy how smart Emma is as a protagonist. She's totally correct that her original plan is no longer workable; demons die if they don't eat humans (practically speaking), and she can't let them eat anyone else.

Maybe Musica's got the key.

Yep, I love that Emma has the conflict and the shounen-esque feelings but in a completely rational way.

If the children are the hero's from various jump serie instead

If this happened Isabella and Krone would get bodied like day 1 when the kids figured out what was going on. Demons don't want no part of Goku alone, let alone the whole Jump stable.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Ah, boy I'm happy they directly addressed the dilemma of how making a new promise would result in a "genocide" all the same. A lesser manga would have had the dumbass protagonist just ignore it and try to get their way through shounen hot blooded willpower.

This manga is good at having you initially question the logic of something only for it to almost immediately addressed.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Plus, it's nice that Emma's moment of indecision is earned. This series could have easily gone the route of Emma being wishy washy like many Jump female characters, or always right in the style of Janeway from Star Trek Voyager (which was done out of fear of offending by making her look weak). Instead, it's completely understandable here, and only serves to underscore the strength of her character.

Oct 25, 2017
Expected and boring conversation, only thing exciting was Ray finally confronted her about it since she would have herself.

Going to have the magical aspect of the series come back to make Emma's understanding and peace ending possible since its the only way to break the rules of the world.

Dec 28, 2018
She is pretty great and is also the only other main protagonist in Shonen Jump who I like more than the side cast. Other two would be Luffy and Tanjirou who are also great.

Oct 25, 2017
Emma is the weak link in the series, apart from the magic moment which could have easily happened to anyone else, she has yet to make any contributions to make it feel like she adds anything to the plot.

I havent found her to be notable or worth mentioning about other protagonsits in shonen jump. Compared to say Yukihira Soma, Hinata Shouyou, Asta, she leaves much to be desired.

Dec 28, 2018
Emma is the weak link in the series, apart from the magic moment which could have easily happened to anyone else, she has yet to make any contributions to make it feel like she adds anything to the plot.

I havent found her to be notable or worth mentioning about other protagonsits in shonen jump. Compared to say Yukihira Soma, Hinata Shouyou, Asta, she leaves much to be desired.
Christ you spew nothing but terrible takes. I said it before and I'll say it again but you wouldn't be saying any of this shit if she was a man. I can't help but assume that you're just a sexist twit at this point. Cause all you ever seem to do in any thread I've seen in regard to male and female characters is just trash the female characters nonstop or barely acknowledge them while on the other hand praising the male characters to the high fucking heavens. And fucking Christ is it annoying as all hell to see someone constantly trash the sole main female character while just throwing constant damn praise at the male ones. Like everyone is free to have their own opinions and whatever but it's so hard for me to take any of yours seriously because of the for mentioned reason. You probably only ever started this series because you saw Ray and Norman and started shipping them and shit and we're probably hoping that they'd be the main characters over Emma. If they were you'd be kissing this series's ass more like you do with the other male oriented stuff you read/watch. I try not to get so heated at stuff like this but good god does some of the stuff you say really gets under my skin.

Oct 25, 2017
Christ you spew nothing but terrible takes. I said it before and I'll say it again but you wouldn't be saying any of this shit if she was a man. I can't help but assume that you're just a sexist twit at this point. Cause all you ever seem to do in any thread I've seen in regard to male and female characters is just trash the female characters nonstop or barely acknowledge them while on the other hand praising the male characters to the high fucking heavens. And fucking Christ is it annoying as all hell to see someone constantly trash the sole main female character while just throwing constant damn praise at the male ones. Like everyone is free to have their own opinions and whatever but it's so hard for me to take any of yours seriously because of the for mentioned reason. You probably only ever started this series because you saw Ray and Norman and started shipping them and shit and we're probably hoping that they'd be the main characters over Emma. If they were you'd be kissing this series's ass more like you do with the other male oriented stuff you read/watch. I try not to get so heated at stuff like this but good god does some of the stuff you say really gets under my skin.
I found Mom/Isabelle to be a highlight of the series as well as Krone. For antagonists, the writer has made notable female characters that are standouts, similar to how Horikoshi created a pretty standout impressive femchar like Toga is in HeroAca, for example.

It is true that Ray and Norman character designs were the drivers for my interest in this series.

Dec 28, 2018
I found Mom/Isabelle to be a highlight of the series as well as Krone. For antagonists, the writer has made notable female characters that are standouts, similar to how Horikoshi created a pretty standout impressive femchar like Toga is in HeroAca, for example.

It is true that Ray and Norman character designs were the drivers for my interest in this series.
Colour me shocked that you actually give somewhat of a shit about any of the female characters in this series. Though a part of me has a hard time believing that but whatever. Also Toga really? Of all the female characters in MHA you pick her as standout? All I'm gonna is say is that I don't agree with you on that. Can't say I'm surprised that they were considering that it really shows in your posts and knowing how you act on this site in general.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Colour me shocked that you actually give somewhat of a shit about any of the female characters in this series. Though a part of me has a hard time believing that but whatever. Also Toga really? Of all the female characters in MHA you pick her as standout? All I'm gonna is say is that I don't agree with you on that. Can't say I'm surprised that they were considering that it really shows in your posts and knowing how you act on this site in general.

Dunno if I'd describe her as a standout (Well, I guess she literally stands out as the only relevant female villain lol), but Toga is one of the very few female characters that has actually had an effect on the plot, so I like her too. Shame about the Deku thing though.

Dec 28, 2018
Dunno if I'd describe her as a standout (Well, I guess she literally stands out as the only relevant female villain lol), but Toga is one of the very few female characters that has actually had an effect on the plot, so I like her too. Shame about the Deku thing though.
MHA really needs more prominent female villains because Toga isn't doing a damn thing for me. I just find her to be a one note boring ass yandere. But man it is kinda sad that she's had more of an impact on the story than some of the girls in Class 1-A. And by Deku do you mean about what she did with his blood? Cause yeah that was pretty disappointing.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
MHA really needs more prominent female villains because Toga isn't doing a damn thing for me. I just find her to be a one note boring ass yandere. But man it is kinda sad that she's had more of an impact on the story than some of the girls in Class 1-A. And by Deku do you mean about what she did with his blood? Cause yeah that was pretty disappointing.

I meant the whole "yandere for the main character" aspect, but yea that too