• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Not a fan of the direction the latest chapter is going, there is really nothing morally wrong with Norman's plan since the intelligence that the demons have is stolen anyway, they only get their intelligence by eating kids brain
I meant the whole "yandere for the main character" aspect, but yea that too
Oh that sucks about her as well, no pun intended.
There's an underlying theme with Toga, Ochako, and Deku about "wanting to become the person they admire", Deku wants to be All Might, Ochako tries to be like Deku, and Toga well you know, Toga's story has barely even started and her obsession is different from the normal Yandere since her desires isn't for Deku to love her but to become him

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There's an underlying theme with Toga, Ochako, and Deku about "wanting to become the person they admire", Deku wants to be All Might, Ochako tries to be like Deku, and Toga well you know, Toga's story has barely even started and her obsession is different from the normal Yandere since her isn't for Deku to love her but to become him

I mean, a (yandere) spade's a spade at the end of the day. I don't even know what a normal Yandere is to begin with, that sounds like an oxymoron lol

Anyways, it can be a somewhat interesting trope (in isolation anyways), but it's easily the weakest aspect of her character so far.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, a (yandere) spade's a spade at the end of the day. I don't even know what a normal Yandere is to begin with, that sounds like an oxymoron lol

Anyways, it can be a somewhat interesting trope (in isolation anyways), but it's easily the weakest aspect of her character so far.
It is currently her weakest aspect but that's mainly because it really hasn't fleshed out at, funny enough twice is the most fleshed-out League of villains member, her storyline like many of the other villains have been put on the back burner, but I do believe there's going to be good payoff for all her obsessions because I can see were it all connects with Ochako and Deku's character

Dec 28, 2018
Not a fan of the direction the latest chapter is going, there is really nothing morally wrong with Norman's plan since the intelligence that the demons have is stolen anyway, they only get their intelligence by eating kids brain

There's an underlying theme with Toga, Ochako, and Deku about "wanting to become the person they admire", Deku wants to be All Might, Ochako tries to be like Deku, and Toga well you know, Toga's story has barely even started and her obsession is different from the normal Yandere since her isn't for Deku to love her but to become him
To play devils advocate not all of the demons are bad and are just doing what they need to do to survive. And considering what we know of Norman's plan so far it would probably have them be targeted as well which would result in a lot of innocent demon dying. And as such I myself find his plan to be morally wrong. Now I won't say I can't see we're he's coming from I mean he's been though a lot of shit thanks to the demons. But I dunno if wiping them all out is the right solution.

Toga needs to get a back story soon so I can atleast give an ounce of a damn about her. Whenever the LOV comes back I hope she gets some screen time that fleshes her out.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
To play devils advocate not all of the demons are bad and are just doing what they need to do to survive. And considering what we know of Norman's plan so far it would probably have them be targeted as well which would result in a lot of innocent demon dying. And as such I myself find his plan to be morally wrong. Now I won't say I can't see we're he's coming from I mean he's been though a lot of shit thanks to the demons. But I dunno if wiping them all out is the right solution.

The thing is Norman's plan isn't killing all demons, it's devolving them back to their original state, the form they is one they have can only obtain by eating humans and the whole point of the series is to stop them from eating humans, what I'm afraid of is Emma going to find a solution where they no longer have to eat humans to maintain their form and that would feel like a last second cop out

Last edited:

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The thing is Norman's plan isn't killing all demons, it's devolving them back to their original state, the form they is one they can only obtain by eating humans and the whole point of the series is to stop them from eating humans, what I'm afraid of is Emma going to find a solution where they no longer have to eat humans to maintain their form and that would feel like a last second cop out

1) it's not a last second cop out when you were shown characters who do not eat humans and yet have humanoid forms less than halfway through the manga.

2) Norman's plan isn't devolve them, it's literally kill all demons, wild ones included.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
1) it's not a last second cop out when you were shown characters who do not eat humans and yet have humanoid forms less than halfway through the manga.

2) Norman's plan isn't devolve them, it's literally kill all demons, wild ones included.
I always imagined they kept their form by eating other demons, it be odd that there was a way for them to survive without eating humans for her thousands of years and a majority of the poor demons that are losing their forms wouldn't be using it

Dec 28, 2018
The thing is Norman's plan isn't killing all demons, it's devolving them back to their original state, the form they is one they have can only obtain by eating humans and the whole point of the series is to stop them from eating humans, what I'm afraid of is Emma going to find a solution where they no longer have to eat humans to maintain their form and that would feel like a last second cop out
From what I gathered when he mentions his plan for the first time is that he wants to not only have them revert back to their wild state by destroying the farms but to get rid of them all as well. Now that I can see being an issue later on. Won't lie I was also wondering how Emma could bring about peace between humans and demons without the solution feeling like a cop out. No way she'll be fine with the demons eating humans still. At this time I have no clue how that whole situation will be dealt with.

Spoder

Oct 24, 2017
Can't the demons and humans reach agreement by the humans donating their fresh corpses for the demons to eat? Since they killed that girl in the first chapter and will eat it later to maintain their intelligence, I don't see why they haven't reached to this compromise.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Can't the demons and humans reach agreement by the humans donating their fresh corpses for the demons to eat? Since they killed that girl in the first chapter and will eat it later to maintain their intelligence, I don't see why they haven't reached to this compromise.
This is a good idea but there probably aren't enough natural deaths to sustain the demon population. They need the farms.

Oct 25, 2017
Any agreement at this point in time would be a big negative for the demons, so people who are demons rights activists wouldnt choose to agree with anything that limits their sustainability and growth.

Magic or War is the only solution

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'm probably barking up the wrong tree here, but I'm not convinced that Minerva is actually the real Norman. I think it's strange that we've not been shown any details on how he escaped (just a vague "oh, I had these allies but now they're dead"?) and he seems way too confident and in control for someone who's meant to be leading a rebellion against near-impossible odds.

poutmeter

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I'm really interested in finding out the solution/decision they come up with in the end. I can't see any way for demons and human to live peacefully, one or the other will pay the price - either demons will lost their 'humanity' or humans will continue to be cattle to ensure the survival of the demons' current state.

One question: I wonder what Norman meant when he said the demons saw a "real human" during the plantation infiltration, which meant they knew the Grace Field escapees are still alive. Does that mean Hayato and others are not completely human? They sure look human to me. They were expirmented on, sure, but they should still be 'real humans'. Are we getting Human/Demon hybrids? Might explain Mujika.

I'm probably barking up the wrong tree here, but I'm not convinced that Minerva is actually the real Norman. I think it's strange that we've not been shown any details on how he escaped (just a vague "oh, I had these allies but now they're dead"?) and he seems way too confident and in control for someone who's meant to be leading a rebellion against near-impossible odds.

Then there's no reason for Norman and Vincent to have that conversation about their reunion, if that were the case.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Damn it, guess another nendoroid that I really want. XD

805992.jpg

Love this series and Emma is such a great protagonist. How has the anime been faring?

Dec 28, 2018
Damn it, guess another nendoroid that I really want. XD

805992.jpg

Love this series and Emma is such a great protagonist. How has the anime been faring?
Oh pretty cool that she's getting a nendroid I dunno if I'll buy it but it looks nice. And by faring do you mean as an adaptation or popularity? If you meant as a adaptation it's good but could be better as it suffers from a lack of inner monologues and cutting some things out that were in the manga. If you meant popularity it seems to be doing fairly well still from what I can gather from other forums and what not I lurk at.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"Could be better" sums up the anime adaptation perfectly.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Oh pretty cool that she's getting a nendroid I dunno if I'll buy it but it looks nice. And by faring do you mean as an adaptation or popularity? If you meant as a adaptation it's good but could be better as it suffers from a lack of inner monologues and cutting some things out that were in the manga. If you meant popularity it seems to be doing fairly well still from what I can gather from other forums and what not I lurk at.

Ray and Norman are probably going to get one too ha ha, though Emma is all I would want. Would be good to see statues of some of the demons later on.

I guess I meant adaptation, though I sure hope it is doing well in popularity. :) Bit disappointing then, but I didn't feel like watching it anyway since I tend to not watch anime that are based on things I have read.

Dec 28, 2018
Ray and Norman are probably going to get one too ha ha, though Emma is all I would want. Would be good to see statues of some of the demons later on.

I guess I meant adaptation, though I sure hope it is doing well in popularity. :) Bit disappointing then, but I didn't feel like watching it anyway since I tend to not watch anime that are based on things I read.
Man I hope Lewis gets one down the line as well as Yugo. It's by no means a bad adaptation and is good on its own right it's just that it could be better. The most annoying aspect is the lack of inner monologues which should have been included but were not for whatever reason. Honestly I'm just glad the anime didn't turn out like the Black Clover adaptation in which because of how bad it was many people started to shit on the manga which if you ask me isn't all that bad. And I'll give the anime this is that it's been doing a good job enough job with key moments so far.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Man I hope Lewis gets one down the line as well as Yugo. It's by no means a bad adaptation and is good on its own right it's just that it could be better. The most annoying aspect is the lack of inner monologues which should have been included but were not for whatever reason. Honestly I'm just glad the anime didn't turn out like the Black Clover adaptation in which because of how bad it was many people started to shit on the manga which if you ask me isn't all that bad. And I'll give the anime this is that it's been doing a good job enough job with key moments so far.
I'm pretty sure people were shitting on BC before the anime came out.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Well from some places I lurked most people seemed to either like it or meh towards it. It's after the anime aired in which I saw way more people begin to shit on Black Clover.
Yeah, most places I went around were either meh or hated it. Especially after the author did the whole writing an arc with characters from the spin off Light Novel without introducing them to boost the sales of the light novel.

Dec 28, 2018
Yeah, most places I went around were either meh or hated it. Especially after the author did the whole writing an arc with characters from the spin off Light Novel without introducing them to boost the sales of the light novel.
I read the manga on and off and I haven't reached that part yet. But from what I heard it's handled pretty poorly and I can't blame people for not liking it.

Spoder

Oct 24, 2017
This is a good idea but there probably aren't enough natural deaths to sustain the demon population. They need the farms.

Don't they only kill one kid every two months from the Grace Field farm? Since there are 5 branch of Grace Field farms so about 10 deaths per 2 months for the highest premium food. There are other less quality farms but most of the demons sustain themselves from the mass produced humans who are not even given chance to live properly. If their planet's human population is similar to Earth's, then there will be about 150000+ corpses everyday in average.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Just got to read the last couple of chapters, i'm sure everyone said it already, but we genocide run now?

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Late, but on the subject of the anime, it's really just episode 3 that had any issues with internal monologues. Everything else has been pretty good, in that regard and otherwise.

I even thought removing internal monologues from Norman confronting Ray about him being a spy was to that scene's benefit.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Given that episode 6 of the anime ended cleanly at the end of chapter 19, with Krone confronting the kids in the forest, I decided to figure out what the remaining episodes will likely cover, assuming 3 chapters per episode.

7 - Chapters 20-22 - deal with Krone, she reveals she and Isabella were raised on the farm, night talk with Krone, Ray reveals way to break tracking device, Krone falls for Ray's fake note, Isabella gives Krone a "promotion" letter

Possible changes: Skip Krone falling for Ray's fake note; instead, she could start to talk to herself about why they would lie about the tracking device, only for Isabella to knock

8 - Chapters 23-25 - Krone reacts to the promotion, goes to gate, snitches to Grandmother, gets killed anyway, flashback to giving the kids the pen and her own past, start of distraction plan, Krone's death revealed to Ray, Isabella fires Ray and locks him up, Isabella meets Emma and Norman in the forest, Isabella talks to them without hiding who she is, lots of internal monologue, Emma and Norman run for it and Emma tackles Isabella, Isabella breaks her leg, she reveals that Norman will ship out tomorrow

Possible changes: Show Krone hiding the pen before she goes to the gate; the internal monologue could be replaced with intense looks just like in episode 5 after Ray revealed he was the spy to Norman; it's possible they could choose to end at Isabella meeting them in the forest, especially if they want to flesh out Krone's flashback, but the Norman reveal is just too perfect a place to stop.

9 - Chapters 26-28 - Emma carried back, heroes regroup at the house, Norman talks to Emma in bed, has internal monologue as he gets water and breaks down, then thinks about how he'll have to die to break Isabella's plans, Ray explains his plan to have Norman only pretend to escape, Norman disagrees but then agrees, Ray explains his magic baby powers and past, Norman's departure is announced, Norman finds the pen, Norman leaves the next morning

Possible changes: Pretty clearly, they'll cut out all of Norman's internal monologues, and I think it'd be simple enough to get the gist of his thoughts through body language, especially with that water scene, and a lot of the same ideas are repeated when he talks to Norman and Emma anyway; it's possible they'll adapt a bit of chapter 29 and end on Norman coming back, which I think would be a stronger ending.

BTW, I hadn't realized until rereading chapter 26 that they hint Norman being shipped out for a non-food reason here.

10 - Chapters 29-31 - Norman scales the wall, then comes back, he explains what he discovered, they say their goodbyes, Norman monologues his thoughts, Ray explains why they can't interfere, Emma tries to break Norman's tracking device anyway, they fight, they say their goodbyes for real, Norman is led to the gate and an unexpected area, Emma goes through the day in a daze, Ray gives up on escaping, Isabella tells Emma to give up and that she's recommending her to be a Mom, two months pass, Emma reveals she didn't actually give up

Possible changes: Again, no Norman monologues; I forgot to mention for the earlier episodes, but they'll show scenes in order instead of flashing back to stuff that happened a bit earlier.

11 - Chapters 32-34 - Emma reveals she left everything up to Don and Gilda, they hash out the escape plan, Ray reveals his cans of oil and starts pouring them, then douses himself and appears to set himself on fire, Isabella comes downstairs and tries to put out the fire, she discovers Emma's cut-off ear, we see what really happened and we have ANNA, part of the Norman flashback here was already adapted into episode 6, flashbacks about Norman's real plan and how they've been revealing the truth to the other kids, then PHIL

12 - Chapters 35-37 - Emma reveals she didn't bring the kids younger than 4 years old, flashback where they talk to PHIL, Isabella chases after them and sounds the alarm, the demons rally, the kids escape by going across the cliff, Ray talks to Ghost Norman, Isabella comes too late and everyone has escaped, Isabella flashback, she comes back to the house after covering up the evidence of the escape, Emma monologues, and the kids have their first real sunrise

I don't think they'd split up the escape like this; more likely, they'd actually change the way episodes 10 and 11 are split so that episode 10 ends with Emma greeting Norman's empty chair at the end of chapter 30, and episode 11 covers chapters 31-32 and part of 33, ending with Isabella coming down to apparently see Ray on fire. Then episode 12 would have the flashbacks and explanations, and the actual escape, thus covering the rest of 33 and then 34-37, so close to five chapters.

Last edited:

poutmeter

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chp 123: That was such a refreshing take on conflict in shounen manga. Screw holding things in and plotting against the majority in order to do what you believe is right, let's just hash things out now. I'm glad Ray is getting more focus after being put aside for a while; guy has a great point and truly understands how Emma works - I just hope the 'tea party' won't change their mind about talking to Norman. Even if he's changed and becomes an antagonist, I want them have an actual face-to-face conversation/confrontation.

Another thing I loved about it is going even further into Emma's feelings and stance. The previous chapter made it clear it wasn't a cliche 'I want everyone to be happy, and I'mma do whatever I want!' but coming from a ethical dilemma of 'killing' sentient beings. The extra details and her articulating her feelings and the high unlikeliness of a 'magical solution' was just perfect. I continue to love Emma even more with each chapter!

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised they don't bring up the possibility that telling Norman about Musical and co will endanger them.

poutmeter

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised they don't bring up the possibility that telling Norman about Musical and co will endanger them.

They still believe in him. He was "special" to them and sacrificed himself to ensure their escape, it's hard to suspect he could hurt them - even by someone as suspicious and skeptical as Ray.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
They still believe in him. He was "special" to them and sacrificed himself to ensure their escape, it's hard to suspect he could hurt them - even by someone as suspicious and skeptical as Ray.
I suppose, but at the same time they are pitching them as possibly dangerous which I feel can only have one response from Norman's recent pro-genocide outlook.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I fear for Musica.

Also i've been loving the anime, pretty good adaptation. A lot of my acquaintances are really hard into the story at this point, almost jumping to the manga.

Still, if they do it right then the season finale will be a blast. The Ray "suicide" cliffhanger is still a top3 moment in this manga for me. Intense af.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Ha, just when people were getting a little worried they wouldn't bring up Musica, boy this manga is refreshing.

Oct 25, 2017
Was sure either Mujinka or Sonjuu actually did want to eat humans again, unless Im misremembering.

In any case, dont understand why Ray pushed off the decision onto Emma, when he is perfectly capable and actually has everything figured out.

Ray makes some pretty funny faces.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I fear for Musica.

Also i've been loving the anime, pretty good adaptation. A lot of my acquaintances are really hard into the story at this point, almost jumping to the manga.

Still, if they do it right then the season finale will be a blast. The Ray "suicide" cliffhanger is still a top3 moment in this manga for me. Intense af.
There are admittedly problems with how they're handling the mind games aspect, but after seeing how they handled Norman confronting Ray about being a spy, I think they'll nail the later parts.

This was a pretty good chapter. I know I was suggesting earlier that Emma could try subterfuge to undermine Norman, but I'm glad they decided to try to talk to him first, and I really like how much this chapter demonstrated Emma and Ray's personalities.

I've thought for a while that people from other orphanages would have some resentment toward Grace Field kids for being so pampered compared to them, especially with them taking the lead on these survival efforts. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out here.

Dec 28, 2018
Man Ray was great this chapter and the conversation between him and Emma was handled really well. Can't help but feel this was in a way a response to the people who were complaining about Emma last chapter. Interested to see what we learn from the tea party with Norman's underlings.

Alanood

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really not liking what's going on with Norman after time skip, many hints for him being a villain.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really not liking what's going on with Norman after time skip, many hints for him being a villain.
I dont understand how you reach this conclusion. He along with Ray and Emma all want to save humans. Nothing suggests he is against saving humans. Further, with his goal of minimizing or even not having any causalities in anytype of offensive maneuvers, it further positions him as being a good guy. He's also reasonable and trust his Ray, so its doubtful if presented with evidence or the like for any sort of alternative that Norman would somehow not take it. He is definitely going to do whatever Ray suggests if the case can be made.

Spoder

Oct 24, 2017
Emma has her ear back on the cover :o. Maybe for aesthetic purpose only, or does the artist forget, or something else? The mangaka never forgets it so far in the manga afaik.

Oct 25, 2017

well so Norman is trying to work together with the demons anyway, looks so people need to reasses their statements from the past chapter and before.

And yet again, reinforcing my point, Emma has no role since Ray and Norman both do what she ought to be doing.
D0M4raqW0AAE28l.png

Norman's smile is the best, and Ray praising the folks was hilarious. Definitely could see Barbara and co getting off'd somehow, too ruthless for what the manga is out for with the kids.

Zazie better survive for endgame and beyond.

Dec 28, 2018
I wonder what demon meat tastes like. Chicken perhaps? Pork? Or maybe it tastes like beef? I need to know dammit! Ignoring that burning question for a sec this was quite the chapter and I can't help but like both Cislo and Barbara. They provided a lot of goofy faces this chapter and some got a chuckle out of me. Though no surprise that they are like that considering the stuff they've been through and why they are so devoted to Norman. Speaking of Norman I was surprised by that ending.
Working with demons in order to destroy the demons was not something I imagined he would do. I'm going to assume that those demons at the end are like Sonju who want to hunt humans in the wild and not ones raised on farms. Only reason I can think of why they would want to help Norman out. Also I can't imagine you can build much of a paradise if you destroy the world. Though I'm guessing he means getting rid of the demons and Ratri clan. Unless he doesn't mean that and does want to destroy the whole demon world. I'm over thinking it probably. I bet those demons are going to get back stabbed I almost guarantee it. Also it seems like Vincent knows that Norman is working with demons I wonder of there other two know. If they don't I wonder how they would if they found out.
Excited for the next chapter and seeing how Norman's meeting goes.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Chapter 124
Hmm, I'm not really feeling having a cast of goofy characters with super powers. Of course, it remains to be seen what the conflict between them and Emma will look like.

Honestly, from the start, I also didn't really like the idea that while Emma and co. were off trying to survive, Norman was the one doing stuff actually important to the setting. It obviously isn't a "drop the series" big issue, but I don't like it.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Chapter 124
Hmm, I'm not really feeling having a cast of goofy characters with super powers. Of course, it remains to be seen what the conflict between them and Emma will look like.

Honestly, from the start, I also didn't really like the idea that while Emma and co. were off trying to survive, Norman was the one doing stuff actually important to the setting. It obviously isn't a "drop the series" big issue, but I don't like it.
Yeah, I wasn't a fan of this chapter either...