• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 28, 2018
Though I liked them this chapter I'm neutral to them overall. I gotta see more of them before I pass any final judgements on if their bad or not. I hope the mangaka handles it well and doesn't go full blown Shonen with them, basically don't give me a Andrew scenario 2.0 cause that shit sucked. I just hope that Emma and Ray never get superpowers because that's would be really bad in my opinion.

Dec 28, 2018
Apologies for the double post but the preview image for chapter 125 has been translated and it seemed interesting so I thought I'd bring it up here.

''The escape key combining oni and humans!" And: "Norman VS Emma!? What will happen to their crashing thoughts!"

Oct 25, 2017
was sure those preview image statements are just bland generic ones written by the editors with no clue for the next chapter. And it doesnt make sense, Norman is NOWHERE near Emma right now, how can their ideals clash in the next chapter.

Dec 28, 2018
was sure those preview image statements are just bland generic ones written by the editors with no clue for the next chapter. And it doesnt make sense, Norman is NOWHERE near Emma right now, how can their ideals clash in the next chapter.
Regardless if it is a throwaway statement or not you should spoiler tag your comment mate. Anyway
They could meet with one another at the end of the chapter after Norman's meeting is over or at the half point of the chapter. I just brought it up cause I thought others might find it interesting.

Dec 28, 2018
Sorry for yet another double post I can't seem to shut up about TPN tonight for some reason. If y'all are cool with fan art being posted I just wanted to share a good one I recently came across.
DykliGfVAAIbTQG

Artist is @ma714mi00cho on Twitter.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for yet another double post I can't seem to shut up about TPN tonight for some reason. If y'all are cool with fan art being posted I just wanted to share a good one I recently came across.
DykliGfVAAIbTQG

Artist is @ma714mi00cho on Twitter.

Love it! Please share more fanart if you ever find good quality ones like that!

Ionitron

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
So has it been discussed that (big spoilers for the endgame)

That the whole world is underwater? The demon world is just our deep sea? There is too much foreshadowing for that and I love it.
It also makes so much sense.

For anyone interested in evidence and clues for that theory: https://couldnt-think-of-a-better-n...-yall-ready-for-me-to-drop-one-of-the-biggest

Reading this made me think it was absolutely ridiculous lol, but then, I guess it does address how an elevator was supposed to bring them to a human world without some magic hi-tech scifi nonsense.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

Tomasoares

Oct 28, 2017
Another awesome chapter, can't wait to see how things will develop and how Norman's plan will backfire.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I want to know what happened with Norman that he became Minerva. Even the owls seem to like him lmao.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

That the whole world is underwater? The demon world is just our deep sea? There is too much foreshadowing for that and I love it.

For anyone interested in evidence and clues for that theory: https://couldnt-think-of-a-better-n...-yall-ready-for-me-to-drop-one-of-the-biggest

I feel spoiled with this. Holy shit brilliant work by the authors if this was the intent.

Dec 28, 2018
Why'll I want to wait for the official translation to come out before I give my full thoughts I will add that Norman is indeed the goat.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
In these two weeks I read all the 125 chapters. I don't know how, but I managed to start to read this manga without getting any spoiler about plots, characters and enemies. When I began to read the first chapter, I really had no idea where the writer was going to get at; it was clear that the orpanage was a strange place from those learning sessions where the children had to prove their abilities. Then, when I got to the page where Emma shocked left Little Bunny fall to the floor, before looking at the next page, I understood that the poor Conny was dead - and I find out who the enemies are.
The first chapter was really, really well done. It is one of the first best chapters of all the series I've ever read. It made me immediately continue the series and read it all in about 15 days. The first arc is the best according to me, it really seems a chess match between the children and Isabella (and Krone). IN the first part, Norman was without doubt the best character, I loved both his relationships to Emma and Ray (the chapters in which he find out Ray is the traitor are really great!).
Also the following arcs are, anyway, quite intriguing. The story about the division of the world in two parts in very interesting, the author has something in mind for that for the ending of the manga. Emma and Ray take the spotlight, while maybe a weakness is that the rest of the original cast (i.e. the children who escaped from Grace Field) don't seem to relevant, including Don and Gilda, without talking about the other. Instead I really liked the Goldy Pond arc, with some new characters and, particularly, Yuugo and Lucas.
Then I got to the final chapters.
Well, am I the only one who finds this Norman very, very strange? He seems to have completely changed personality. It's okay, he wants to save all the children of the part of the world, but he became extremeli cinic. I think that it could be in relation with the experiments they did on it in the lambda farm - after all, we know that yamato has agility for example, but nothing about Norman. I was also thinking about a possibility that he was convinced/brainwashed by Peter Ratri with the intention to create a war, but it doesn't seem the case for the moment.
The future discussion and contrast between Emma and Norman will be interesting, with Ray who seems now to accept everything Emma wantds to do - basically the opposite of the beginning.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Full villain Norman is a lot of fun, watching the anime the signs are all their for him to go full antagonist if given the opportunity.

Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic chapter and fantastic Norman planning. Planning to throw all the clans who set up the system under the bus is incredible and these non human eating demons.

I guess the Human Cloning technology, does answer a way for Humans and Demons to co-exist, though it present a moral and ethical question for the characters to have to address.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
This was definitely a much better chapter than the last one. I'm not sure bringing the mind games to a larger scale like this will work as well as the first arc, and I'm not sure how Emma can get involved here, but it will be interesting to see how this develops.

Also, I was thinking it was kind of a shame we didn't get any down time to explore Minerva Town. It would have been nice to have at least a chapter of Emma and Ray just looking around.

That theory seems a bit farfetched, but
the way Goldie Pond self destructs is pretty weird now that you put it like that...

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That's always been my problem with the plot, Norman is just so high level, high-minded, and well-planned, that Emma just seems redundant. Only way she gets involved is rescuing the original grace field, or IF the MAGIC THING comes back to the plot.

We know you never liked Emma.

She adds the uncertainty to the trio. She's the passionate, sometimes irrational, the heart of the manga mostly. In no way she's redundant at all, clearly when she's the only one questioning the genocidal views of Norman.

Dec 28, 2018
Ah it seems I missed another rousing round of DTL shitting on Emma for the umpteenth time, but I now know better than to fall for his bait as tempting as it may be.

As for the latest chapter I really liked it. While I personally didn't mind the direction the series went in after the escape arc I am pretty glad to see it returning to it's psychological mind game roots.

This chapter answered my question on how Norman was going to take out the demons without any of the kids dying. Though I can't imagine that even with all of Lord Geelan clan helping and Norman's plan they'd somehow be able to wipe each other out. But I guess will see how that pans out if Emma is unable to stop Norman. Also curious why his clan was betrayed in the first place by the royal family wonder what reason they had for doing it. Also it seems like by eating other demons they've been able to hold off on going full feral, I'd imagine getting their hands on humans is a hard thing to do. Does raise a question though that while eating other presumably intelligent demon prevents them from reverting all the way they still look deformed. While mujika who claims not to eat humans looks very human like and if she ate other demons I'd assume she'd look deformed as well. Really makes me wanna know what her deal is. And I dunno why but I thought ??? was king of the demons but it seems like he's far above that, I must have misremembered that. Wonder if Emma and Ray are also special in that regard or if it's just Norman. Speaking of Norman he was great this chapter, glad he wasn't killed off. And one more thing is that this chapter showed a potentially easy solution for the humans and demons to live together. At least that's what I thought at first but I'm guessing she wouldn't be okay with resorting to cloning as it's still people being eaten.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
CriticalThinker?
About cloning, the mind developing does seem to be important for the demons to use humans as food. So even if they switch to eating just clones, the clones have to develop some amount of sapience, and thus they will suffer.

Plus, it's possible that the factory farm humans are already clones.

On another note, after the last anime episode showed Grandma watching Krone die while smiling, I realized that shockingly little has been done with her since. Really, there's a ton they could do when the series goes back to Grace Field. I have a hard time believing this could be the last arc, or that the series will end in even two years.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Aren't the kids already some form of science grown human? Unless they are offloading orphanages into the demon world.

Dec 28, 2018
CriticalThinker?
About cloning, the mind developing does seem to be important for the demons to use humans as food. So even if they switch to eating just clones, the clones have to develop some amount of sapience, and thus they will suffer.

Plus, it's possible that the factory farm humans are already clones.

On another note, after the last anime episode showed Grandma watching Krone die while smiling, I realized that shockingly little has been done with her since. Really, there's a ton they could do when the series goes back to Grace Field. I have a hard time believing this could be the last arc, or that the series will end in even two years.
You are right about that and it's because of that I can't see Emma being okay with cloning as being an alternative food source for demons. I feel like Emma would have tried to save the kids from the mass produced farm if she could. Also it never crossed my mind that they could be clones till you just mentioned it. Maybe whenever they go back to Grace Field they'll do more with Grandma, I doubt will never see her again. Does suck that we are in the final arc but it appears it's going to be a long one. And I remember a while back Shirai said in a interview that the series would initially be around 20 or 30 volumes. So it could possibly go on for longer than two years if my memory of that interview is correct.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, not only did the author not forget about Musica, but he was setting up a goddamn reveal about her, Norman looked shook af

Tomasoares

Oct 28, 2017
Lots of world building in the recent chapters. Let's see how the author will develop, I've been enjoying a lot so far, though.

Ionitron

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
That was a really good chapter.

I really hope the musica thing was actually planned and wasn't a thing that was like, retroactively addresses after they decided that demons "evolved" from eating humans lol.

I actually really enjoyed Ray telling Emma that she can't just say "don't kill demons" because she can't truly understand what they went through in Lambda. That was an interesting take at truly empathizing in a manga that I haven't seen ever I think lol

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
That was a really good chapter.

I really hope the musica thing was actually planned and wasn't a thing that was like, retroactively addresses after they decided that demons "evolved" from eating humans lol.

I actually really enjoyed Ray telling Emma that she can't just say "don't kill demons" because she can't truly understand what they went through in Lambda. That was an interesting take at truly empathizing in a manga that I haven't seen ever I think lol

I think that the author planned to focus the story again on Musica in some ways, since she was the first one who mentioned the seven walls, even though maybe at that time he didn't have a clear idea about how introduce her again. Besides she's one of the favourite characters according to the official pools, so the choice makes sense - and she's also a really interisting character, I like that we well know more about her.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The manga's gone from pyschological mind games, to pure survival, and now we're at political mind games, so I'm into it.

Emma's gonna ruin everything.

Oct 25, 2017
I dont know, once again seems like its something Emma has no role in. Mujika can do what Mujika and her co can do.

I guess Emma can help Norman find her and convince their clan to play, but then again its not like everyone affiliated with Mujika are on the same no human side so there is something that needs to be resolved there.

Also the cage imagery does suggest something more sinister underfoot.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Chapter 126
Huh, it might be my imagination, but are Emma and Ray being drawn as older looking than they were in previous chapters? I suppose Norman just looked too much older than them.

I hope we don't get too much into a Naruto style "cycle of hatred" story here. But at least this conversation was for Emma to show more empathy toward the new guys, and Ray made sure to frame it as them being victims.

It's interesting that Mujika is a special case of some kind, and that Norman knows about her and is shook. Though again, I hope we don't go too far into Naruto territory with this.

~~~

After this came up with anime viewers often, I have to know. Back in the first arc, when Norman ran up the wall using a rope, how the hell did that work?
unknown.png

Is there an official explanation? Is this some trick that appears often in Japanese obstacle course style shows (like Ninja Warrior) that they didn't feel the need to explain?

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I thought Norman was gonna snuff out his friend there for a second when they exposed a flaw in his plan, but instead the story just expands in a crazy way.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Norman was gonna snuff out his friend there for a second when they exposed a flaw in his plan, but instead the story just expands in a crazy way.

I legit thought the man was having an internal crisis cuz of that, like it never occurred to him to think about the possibility of there being demons like that. So seeing it was something even crazier than that was awesome

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017

so basically this series will end with the kids getting to the surface and it being our modern day world

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Emma is like this close to having a Gon-level breakdown, I love it. Norman's not budging one bit for her, and you absolutely can't blame him.

That "favorite food" line in particular, oof, where is the goddamn lie

Ionitron

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah I really loved Norman in this chapter. I'm saying that in all of these chapters, to be fair, but it's just like-
how do you argue with him, lol. He's so right. I'm glad that he's just like, you're so naive, it just can't happen that way. It totally parallels human behavior too, which is the best part. Us as readers can completely identify with his argument because even though we have options to be better for the environment or other animals, we choose what's more convenient or better for us. Loved how blunt he was- although there were some shots that made him look... weird lol

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I really loved Norman in this chapter. I'm saying that in all of these chapters, to be fair, but it's just like-
how do you argue with him, lol. He's so right. I'm glad that he's just like, you're so naive, it just can't happen that way. It totally parallels human behavior too, which is the best part. Us as readers can completely identify with his argument because even though we have options to be better for the environment or other animals, we choose what's more convenient or better for us. Loved how blunt he was- although there were some shots that made him look... weird lol

Yea, sometimes he looked wayyyy older.

But yea, this is continuing to be a bigger version of the clash of ideals they all had in the first arc. It'll be interesting to see what answer Emma will come to that will satisfy everyone, as she'll never be all for outright genocide. I really like how the usual "shounen-ness" that might be grating elsewhere works really well when it's countered by two intensely pragmatic foils. Makes it all the more satisfying when Emma succeeds.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This chapter was key. Looks like Ray and Norman's roles are definitely reversed comparing to the first arc.

I really wonder if Norman got over his love for Emma. That was his main drive to fulfill her request of finding a way to save everyone.