• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Diablos54

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully they take as long as they need to recover (even though it'll be back next issue?). I'd rather have a couple months break or so than ever pull a HxH/Berserk.

Another trippy chapter, really wonder where this is all going...

Dec 28, 2018
While this was rather short it was still a good setup chapter for the next one. Hope that Kaiu Shirai's is doing well and getting all the rest they need during this time.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
https://myanimelist.net/news/57682518

: This is hard to answer! (Laughs) So right now, we are in the middle of working on the second season of The Promised Neverland. And the original manga is also still being written – it hasn't reached the end yet either. The first season of the anime was pretty much the same as the first part of the manga – when we created that anime, we didn't deviate from the manga very much. But in the second season, I think we're going to have more flexibility in how we portray the continuation of the manga story. Of course, we can't say for sure exactly how any of that is going to work because we are still creating it right now – none of it is quite fixed at the moment. But we will have that possibility of deviating a little bit more from the manga – possibly. We know that there are viewers who, after they watch the anime, want to continue on and read the manga, and there are viewers who have read the manga first and are now watching the anime. We would like to create an anime that is interesting because of its differences and its different approaches from the original manga. For example, the art style was a little bit different, and the way that the story was revealed to the audience was slightly different because of the decisions that the director made.

This seems like a really bad idea

Dec 28, 2018
I was okay with some of the differences they made in the first season because they were only small ones. But it seems like they want to make more changes now and I really don't like the sound of that. Just adapt it faithfully instead of making a whole bunch of differences for the hell of it because it'll probably end up making it worse. So yeah I'll agree with you that this does sound like a really bad idea.

Granted if some of the differences they end up making is giving more screen time to the side characters I'd be fine with something like that. Anything else would worry me but I guess I should hope for the best instead of assuming the worst. I can say at the very least I'm more interested in season two now.

Last edited:

Thatonedice1

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on that also.

Eh I'll have to see what they change. Personally I would prefer this to be changed. Potential season 2 spoilers:
I would prefer they cut the Norman reveal. It doesn't add anything to the current story arc and the mystery of what Adam is, is answered almost immediately. When I got to Emma and Norman meeting in the manga and he started talking about Lambia I'm thinking "I already know all this". That part showing what happened to Norman can be moved to right after him and Emma meet and nothing would be lost. Plus it makes the mystery last longer.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
My preference for how they handle the Norman thing in the anime is to actually show a bit of the Lambda escape before the timeskip, ending the season with it. I've always found the way that was revealed to be awkward.

And just to make things easier for both manga readers and anime viewers to discuss, reveal Yugo's name early.

As for the new chapter, it's nice to see Don and Gilda seeming to get story focus, and the new character looks neat.

Dec 28, 2018
As someone who's a fan of both Gilda and Don this is easily my favourite chapter in a while, I'm just so happy to see them playing a significant role in the story again. And even though I have been enjoying the acid trip which Emma and Ray have been on I wouldn't mind if the story shifted focus on to Don, Gilda, and the new character Ayshe journey for a bit. Speaking of which Ayshe got a pretty cool design and I'm curious about why a demon kept her and those dogs around instead of eating them right away. Really good chapter this week and I'm excited to see what happens next.

Oct 25, 2017
Plot is kind of making it way too easy for Don and Gilda as Hayato looks like a total pushover and easy to fool, or even if he knows Norman wants to kill those two demons, Hayato could just be gullible and believe whatever Don and Gilda say with heavy convincing. I guess Ayshe could be an uncertain element but the other demons could probably talk to her

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ch 136 is out.

More maze craziness. Pretty nice chapter even if it doesn't move the story forward that much. Hopefully they can solve this soon.

Began reading the manga after the anime ended. I don't quite understand the complaints the anime was getting early on about how it was missing a lot of the internal dialogue depicted in the manga. I figured that for people to be complaining of its absence that it must be special, but after reading this I'm like... What in the hell were people talking about? All that the characters say is just the most obvious shit ever. Like, it spells everything out for you over and over.

Anyway, I've enjoyed reading all this. I feel like the other arcs haven't been as strong as the one that was adapted, but there are some really good moments scattered throughout. Adam turning into the Hulk in the Goldy Pond fight was great. Yuugo reuniting with Lucas was a nice moment. And, I really thought the Phil chapter in particular was excellent. Can't wait to see the anime adapt that Phil stuff.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Began reading the manga after the anime ended. I don't quite understand the complaints the anime was getting early on about how it was missing a lot of the internal dialogue depicted in the manga. I figured that for people to be complaining of its absence that it must be special, but after reading this I'm like... What in the hell were people talking about? All that the characters say is just the most obvious shit ever. Like, it spells everything out for you over and over.

I believe it was more that in the anime, the characters were saying aloud things that in the manga had as inner thoughts instead. Given how suspicious Mama is, as well as the fact that it's very easy for anyone to be listening in whatever they're saying, it just comes across as an unnecessary change that strains your suspense of disbelief a tad.

Oct 25, 2017

Everything last so few chapters that anything that should be dramatic and emotional is anything but that. Could have had ray lose himself for a complete chapter and emma pop up later. Could have had them lost for one more chapter and made it more depressing.

Dec 28, 2018
Poor Ray has been experiencing the worst aspects of this acid trip so far compared to Emma, give the guy a break. Speaking of Emma her popping up out of nowhere at the very end of the chapter made me laugh, just wasn't expecting that after she had just "died" earlier in the chapter. Good stuff overall.

Nov 3, 2017
So does anyone know how well the anime did in terms of blu ray sales? I keep hearing about how the first volume sold terribly, but can't find any info beyond that.

Also seems weird for the anime to bomb given how popular the manga is

Oct 25, 2017
So does anyone know how well the anime did in terms of blu ray sales? I keep hearing about how the first volume sold terribly, but can't find any info beyond that.

Also seems weird for the anime to bomb given how popular the manga is
its getting an s2, dont know how anyone thinks it bombed if its getting a continuation.

Further blu ray sales no longer indicates a successful anime when there are numerous streaming platforms for media. Gone are the days of fans buying discs.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Chapter's out.

Demizu delivered so much. Those panels were full of symbolism and beauty. Incredible.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't often go out of my way to point this out, but this chapter had some incredible panels, like wow

Oct 25, 2017

Messy chapter, but it's done.

Loved Ray's mumble scene and finally stumbling on what/who the characters is.

Time flies if we're already going to march on the capitol. Guess everyone else failed?

Dec 28, 2018
So it seems that the acid trip is coming to an end soon. Kinda sad about that as I've been enjoying it quite a lot. But anyways I really liked the stuff between Emma and Ray this chapter 'twas quite good. And it seems like Norman is heading off to war so it should be interesting to see how that turns out. Hopefully this doesn't mean they'll be skipping over the stuff with Don and Gilda.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Well I guess that answers the question of whether Don and Gilda can outsmart Aishe.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Don and Gilda chapter, yea!

Also I should've seen that twist coming.

Oct 25, 2017
Ayshe being able to talk was a great surprise and also at timing it when Hayato is away, will the three all want to save sonju mijika.

Also Hayato and Don are hilarious, love Hayato so so so much and those reactions, best character type ever.

Dec 28, 2018
Fuck yeah more Don and Gilda focus makes me happy, hopefully this lasts for a few more chapters. Like the Aishe twist makes things more interesting and I'm curious to see what happens as a result of it.

And since he did technically show up this chapter here's a happy father's day to the best TPN dad.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Promised Neverland 139
What if... Norman send Don and Gilda onto this expedition so that they would be killed by the demons (or at least apparently by them) and Emma would be convinced that Norman's plan is the only path because all demons are bad?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, the twists keep coming. This new girl is already my favorite new character from Norman's group. I feel like her being able to speak demon will come into play later.

Promised Neverland 139
What if... Norman send Don and Gilda onto this expedition so that they would be killed by the demons (or at least apparently by them) and Emma would be convinced that Norman's plan is the only path because all demons are bad?

Then Norman is an idiot. She's already seen for herself that not all demons are bad, so as terrible as that would be, that shouldn't change her mind. Not seeing why he'd go through that much trouble, which would involve killing his own family, just to convince Emma.

I was going to suggest that they're just being distracted, but I guess Norman didn't need to bring them in the first place, so I dunno.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Aishe is definitely pretty interesting so far. I'm looking forward to see this playing out.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Oh yeah, this was dragging a but for a few chapters but with this one and last week's it really picked up.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, the twists keep coming. This new girl is already my favorite new character from Norman's group. I feel like her being able to speak demon will come into play later.

Then Norman is an idiot. She's already seen for herself that not all demons are bad, so as terrible as that would be, that shouldn't change her mind. Not seeing why he'd go through that much trouble, which would involve killing his own family, just to convince Emma.

I was going to suggest that they're just being distracted, but I guess Norman didn't need to bring them in the first place, so I dunno.

I think he just wanted Don and Gilda gone. They're the only ones from Emma's group who could cause trouble. So he gave them a task he knew they'd drag their feet on (because he knows how they feel about Sungjoo and Mujika as well).

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's nice and all that Ayshe had a father who almost threw her away and ate her, but decided to raise her instead because he felt ostracized from his society. But you're gonna have to do better than that to tell me that many of them are redeeming figures who warrant going against Norman. Don't think I'm into how Norman's group were framed as the villains, but sure. Hate breeds hate.

Oct 25, 2017
Guess what I said was right, the three of them will want to save Sonju and Mujika.

Think the final pages were unnecessary and should have left Hayato being the spy and Normans plan to kill Sonju and Mujika a secret/surprise.

Totally thought Hayato was just a goofball and pushover, hoping it is still the case...

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aishe's dad dying was sad. Although, it is kinda fucked that he was still eating humans although it made sense. It's uh, very complicated.

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Quick question.
Are we to believe Norman got experimented on in Lambda the same way Zazie and the others did? I was pretty tall as a 13 year old but Norman straight up looks like he's in his 20s now.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The new chapter is pretty damn good. Seems like the story is finally coming to its conclusion.

Oct 25, 2017
Really dumb and predictable writing. No logical reason to have Ray have even come along if he isjust booted back to the start. There was nothing gained at all. Im tired of Ray and Norman being underutilized in the story.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
You guys aren't looking at the big picture: Ray and ANNA team up incoming.

The visuals for Emma meeting, using the dub term, The One were great.