• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fucking dying.

The ancestors... the guy who wants peace has the same hair as Emma, and the dude who wants to give the demons humans resembles Norman.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm fucking dying.

The ancestors... the guy who wants peace has the same hair as Emma, and the dude who wants to give the demons humans resembles Norman.

There's a female Norman actually and an older jrpg Ray.

And well, Emman too.

Cool designs, i really like them, but hope this doesn't become messiah trope or reincarnation/chosen ones bullshit.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Am just curious what emma thinks will satisfy both the demons need for humanic food and the humans desire to survive.

Also though the wormhole would go to the human world...that's still the greatest mystery...

Her plan is to give all the demons the cursed blood, so they don't have to eat humans anymore. By having the food supply vanish in the blink of an eye, the demons will have to consent to Emma's plan to survive.

The problem remains is Norman, who's bent on genocide.

Oct 25, 2017
no way this series last into 2020.

Feels pointless even following through with norman since emma is already making the deal and all. Will she just give up her, norman, and ray, for the future?

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
The price Emma is going to pay is probably her friends as the final meal for demons.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
My guess at Emma's price is her memories. Of everyone she cares about (plantation, Resistance people, etc...)

Oct 25, 2017
Guess emma trades her future. Seems the type of deal the dude would make.

Weird thing to do for hayato. I thought he was just a goofy incompetent goofball. It's what I loved about him.

Still that traitorous panel when he was behind son and gilda. Wow.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
That's one of the best "behind you!"s I've seen in ages.

Still, it's kind of dumb that Don and Gilda didn't seem to have anything prepared for when Hayato betrayed them, but maybe we'll see something later.

Oct 25, 2017
This was just not the time to subvert expectations by having those from lambda suffer from seizures. Like wouldnt they have taken their medicine before engaging the enemies? Senseless writing.

Still glad Hayato cares for his friends enough to abandon the fight immediately.

Its clear we're going to the end since the converge on the imperial capitol is bringing all three groups to the same spot immediately.

Thinkint its not lasting beyond Spring 2020 at the latest.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Newest chapter:
giphy.gif

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So Norman's gonna bite it. I should have thought about that, given he was experimented on like the others. I'm still rooting for his team.

Last edited:

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Norman definitely has something hidden. He can't be the only one without noticeable experimentation. Maybe an insanely enhanced intellect or something.

I wonder if the Lambda people go nuts if they're off the meds. A mirror version of demons becoming human by eating humans; they become demons without the meds.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder about Adam though... Did he have his meds at Goldy Pond? How is that going to be explained?

Well, if my idea of the Lambda people mirroring demons is correct...

I think he may have needed to eat demon meat, maybe the wild ones since they couldn't kill the nobles at Goldy Pond

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
omg Oliver is my knight in shining armor who arrived upon a trusty steed, sighs. He's so dreamy.

if plot causes Norman to die because of human experimentation worst manga ever.

OP
OP
Stowaway Silfer

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was curious about people's thoughts on Norman's return but I checked the date for that chapter's release, went back to the beginning of this thread and it turned out I had created the thread a few weeks too late for there to be discussion about that.

So I'd like to ask: How did you feel when Norman was revealed to be alive? How do you feel about it now and the usage of his character since?

I liked it at the time and I like what's been done with his character since, becoming a beloved leader and now serving as somewhat of an antagonist. And the reveal last chapter of him being sick is interesting as well. Probably dying by the end of the series and depending on what Emma offered for the promise, Ray may be the only one left by the end which would be interesting considering he was the most self-sacrificing at the start.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
I was curious about people's thoughts on Norman's return but I checked the date for that chapter's release, went back to the beginning of this thread and it turned out I had created the thread a few weeks too late for there to be discussion about that.

So I'd like to ask: How did you feel when Norman was revealed to be alive? How do you feel about it now and the usage of his character since?

I liked it at the time and I like what's been done with his character since, becoming a beloved leader and now serving as somewhat of an antagonist. And the reveal last chapter of him being sick is interesting as well. Probably dying by the end of the series and depending on what Emma offered for the promise, Ray may be the only one left by the end which would be interesting considering he was the most self-sacrificing at the start.
It's funny how Norman was essentially reintroduced twice. The first reveal of his situation was pretty good though it was maybe a but sudden/out of place where it was in goody pond arc. It also kind of returned the vibe of the first arc which I liked even if his escape(?) was off screen.

As for the Norman as he is now I'd say his character/pending ideology clash with Emma is the most compelling thing in the series. I'm not sure if really have been invested in any character/character development in this series since maybe Yugo. Emma does change to get to the point of wanting to save all demons but that was kind during the timeskip (leading to them cutting to that same shot from when they were in disguise in town to back up Emma's stance lol). Ray is more or less just following Emma since the escape. The scale of this final stretch is pretty big, but mostly just interested to see how emma/Norman reconcile (or whatever happens with them) so to that extent I'd say Norman's "turn" has been essential to my enjoyment of the series.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That's a good point; I don't think there'd be much to grasp onto in this series right now outside of monster politics if it weren't for the ideological war between Norman's faction and Emma's faction.

Neither reintroduction of Norman's bothered me, but I feel like the second made the first wasteful. They shouldn't have explicitly shown that Norman was still alive if the Minerva twist reveal was going to happen. They could have filled in the rest after that. It just made that reveal much less effective, when we otherwise would have been just as surprised as the main characters after so long we'd have practically forgotten.

Norman's cool, though. His return didn't feel cheap, and he's obviously a driving force in the plot afterwards.

OP
OP
Stowaway Silfer

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's funny how Norman was essentially reintroduced twice. The first reveal of his situation was pretty good though it was maybe a but sudden/out of place where it was in goody pond arc. It also kind of returned the vibe of the first arc which I liked even if his escape(?) was off screen.

As for the Norman as he is now I'd say his character/pending ideology clash with Emma is the most compelling thing in the series. I'm not sure if really have been invested in any character/character development in this series since maybe Yugo. Emma does change to get to the point of wanting to save all demons but that was kind during the timeskip (leading to them cutting to that same shot from when they were in disguise in town to back up Emma's stance lol). Ray is more or less just following Emma since the escape. The scale of this final stretch is pretty big, but mostly just interested to see how emma/Norman reconcile (or whatever happens with them) so to that extent I'd say Norman's "turn" has been essential to my enjoyment of the series.

I agree that right now Emma vs Norman is the most interesting thing. And I like the way it's come about because for a while I didn't like Emma's "kill no humans" attitude because it seemed disingenuous and so once her experience led her to the conclusion of not killing demons either, I was happy and it felt fitting but now it clashes against Norman's view who understandably still sees demons as inherently bad due to not being able to share in Emma's experiences. It's cool to have his return highlight the way the people he knew have changed and not just make it all a perfect situation where everyone gets along.

Neither reintroduction of Norman's bothered me, but I feel like the second made the first wasteful. They shouldn't have explicitly shown that Norman was still alive if the Minerva twist reveal was going to happen. They could have filled in the rest after that. It just made that reveal much less effective, when we otherwise would have been just as surprised as the main characters after so long we'd have practically forgotten.

I never thought about this. Norman being Minerva 2 would've indeed had a bigger impact if the his time at Lambda wasn't shown first. I wonder why we did get the Lambda thing first then if the escape from Lambda wouldn't be shown as its own arc. The thought that initially came to mind was that it serves to suggest Norman being active again in the series later so the reader can keep that in mind, but we already kinda got that with Adam repeating the numbers of Norman's code during the Goldy Pond arc.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
I love how quickly this series moves. Way too many writers waste panels and drag stuff out. Other series could easily have spent 5 chapters getting the Gillan faction into the palace

OP
OP
Stowaway Silfer

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Do y'all have new OT title suggestions? Given that we're out of Norman's base now. If you do I can have a mod change it.

Oct 25, 2017
Too fast, I wanted Lord Geelan to get a chance to revive.

Queen was ultra powerful, this manga loves its ultra powerful and intelligent femchars. Nice.

Now hope Normans plan can do something about her.

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised Norman's group is taking no casualities or anything. With how earlier in the story folks could die, it seems weird that even Barabara has survived this chapter.

Brutal biological warfare. Brutal genocide.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna assume a fresher dosage of Mujika's blood can save the poisoned demons. Also, time to maybe see what Zaz has been hiding under that bag. I'm guessing a demon face. I still think the Lambda folks are some kinda demon hybrids (including Norman, in the most subtle way they could do)