• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Btw Lotus you're right this is a battle manga now lol

42iGVHa.png

Yes, yes it is

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, Norman knows the demon language. So he knew what Aishe said to him back then? Oh shit... Norman is way more far gone than I thought.

OP
OP
Stowaway Silfer

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
One of the most interesting chapters in a long while.
Every Jump character tryna be a Demon Slayer nowadays

Had not expected Zazie to just have black sclera. Seems like he could've just kept his eyes closed like those thousands of anime characters that somehow can pull that off (Is there someone in this series that does that?). I really loved the spread of him slashing the Queen as well as Norman looking down on her eye. I also like the framing of the meat she was most looking forward to and took special measures for being her downfall. Norman knowing demon language is cool as well.

Last page is pretty impactful. Good stuff.

OP
OP
Stowaway Silfer

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nice cover

i'll never forgive them for turning Ray into a sideline character though 😡

Gotta say though Norman is really cool and I'm kinda glad that his plan is coming to fruition. Does Emma's promise even matter anymore?
Yeah Ray has been taking a backseat now that you mention it.
As for Emma's promise, hard to say for sure. What is happening right now in the demon capital might not even be relevant because her promise doesn't affect anything there. It's for the children in the farms to be sent to the human world and for travel to be impossible. What might happen now that Norman killed the authority figures is just Mujika takes over the capital and Emma and co. just stay there.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Ray has been taking a backseat now that you mention it.
As for Emma's promise, hard to say for sure. What is happening right now in the demon capital might not even be relevant because her promise doesn't affect anything there. It's for the children in the farms to be sent to the human world and for travel to be impossible. What might happen now that Norman killed the authority figures is just Mujika takes over the capital and Emma and co. just stay there.
Ray has barely done anything since they made their way to Goldy Pond. Like almost nothing. why would they do this to him :'(

I feel like Emma also wanted the Demons to live though. If they all die there's not really a reason to need to go to the human world. Seems like Norman is tying to kill everyone in the capital, no?

OP
OP
Stowaway Silfer

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ray has barely done anything since they made their way to Goldy Pond. Like almost nothing. why would they do this to him :'(

I feel like Emma also wanted the Demons to live though. If they all die there's not really a reason to need to go to the human world. Seems like Norman is tying to kill everyone in the capital, no?
Oh yeah Emma wanted the demons to live, that just wasn't a component of the promise (but it was a thought from right before the promise was made as the "future" she wants). I don't really think all the demons will die right now cause they don't have enough of that weapon they made to do that. Right now I see Norman's actions as making way for Mujika, even if that's not what he intended, and she'll find some way for the other demons to survive.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah Emma wanted the demons to live, that just wasn't a component of the promise (but it was a thought from right before the promise was made as the "future" she wants). I don't really think all the demons will die right now cause they don't have enough of that weapon they made to do that. Right now I see Norman's actions as making way for Mujika, even if that's not what he intended, and she'll find some way for the other demons to survive.
Norman still wants to kill Musica right? Wonder if Emma will get into a fight with him.

I think Norman is gonna die real soon though.

OP
OP
Stowaway Silfer

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Norman still wants to kill Musica right? Wonder if Emma will get into a fight with him.

I think Norman is gonna die real soon though.
As far as I can recall he does want to kill her. But I don't think he'll go any further than he already has because Emma is here now and he was hoping Emma would come sooner to stop him (or at least that's what that internal kid Emma thing suggested to me).

And yeah I think he's sick or something. He was coughing up blood. He and the Lambda folks are dying soon probably.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
As far as I can recall he does want to kill her. But I don't think he'll go any further than he already has because Emma is here now and he was hoping Emma would come sooner to stop him (or at least that's what that internal kid Emma thing suggested to me).

And yeah I think he's sick or something. He was coughing up blood. He and the Lambda folks are dying soon probably.
The kid Emma to me meant that he knew Emma (and perhaps his younger, less cynical self), didn't want him to commit these atrocities, but he decided to move forward with his plans in spite of that.

I just dont see him willingly stopping the extermination at this point. If he was actually waiting for Emma to stop him i feel like he would have stalled the plan so that she would have gotten there before he killed everyone.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, seems we are maybe close to the end?

I've been a bit mixed on the series since goldy pond but I'm very interested to see how the Emma/Norman stuff plays out.

OP
OP
Stowaway Silfer

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh ok. Didn't see this. Only recall the author comment saying final arc like a year ago and the length of around twenty volumes comment.
I only recalled the "20 volumes" bit too before seeing the article but turns out it's 20-30 volumes according to the article which, if Volume 16 is only coming out now, I don't know what could happen to even approach that upper limit. Just gotta wait in see how things play out.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, this latest chapter (153) was a whole bunch of nothing. Really feels like the author is dragging this out for whatever reason. I guess I enjoyed the earlier fight earlier sorta, but I'm not feeling this climax at all.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman indulged in genocide and ethnic cleansing and they are just going to forgive him and accept him with tearful eyes and open arms...while I believe in second and more chances, not having something happen to Norman for what he has done is strange...

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is a weird thing for And Ray to be doing immediately after Norman committed genocide. I think them making their plea to Norman (and it succeeding at that) only really works is if it happened before all these demons got slaughtered.

I don't feel bad for them or anything, but it feels pretty tone deaf.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I am underwhelmed by how this played out. The series, or the second half anyway, kind of reached a point where it was make or break for me with how they were going to handle the Emma/Norman rift, and the way it was seemingly(?) resolved here didn't really work for me. Kind of baffled by a number of choices since goldy pond. That said, I could be being a bit preemptive and maybe the next few chapters will change my tune on it...

Color spread is fantastic!
This is a weird thing for And Ray to be doing immediately after Norman committed genocide. I think them making their plea to Norman (and it succeeding at that) only really works is if it happened before all these demons got slaughtered.

I don't feel bad for them or anything, but it feels pretty tone deaf.
Maybe Emma's promise includes a super nifty revive everyone stipulation, that's the only way I can really make sense of this.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stowaway Silfer

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm also not feeling this particular chapter. Most baffling to me were the reactions to Emma's statements on Pages 9-10 from Norman's two crewmates. The style suggested a light tone and I was just reading it like "yo didn't y'all just commit regicide-leading-into-genocide?!"

Have to see where this goes but very weird.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm also not feeling this particular chapter. Most baffling to me were the reactions to Emma's statements on Pages 9-10 from Norman's two crewmates. The style suggested a light tone and I was just reading it like "yo didn't y'all just commit regicide-leading-into-genocide?!"

Have to see where this goes but very weird.

Norman be like: "I may have committed some light genocide."

OP
OP
Stowaway Silfer

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
As you may know, this week Shonen Jump comes out early, on Friday Oct. 11th instead of the usual Sunday. If you are used to reading the illegal release, please consider just waiting for the official release this week. Never mind the fact that once you get used to the official release, the wait is always the same 1-week and is just Sun -> Sun instead of Fri -> Fri, this time the wait is the same for you even if you transition because it's Fri (leak) -> Fri (official). There are no bad times to transition to reading the official release but there certainly is no better time to do it than when Jump comes out early such as this week.

You can read it here:
Viz (United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, the Philippines, Singapore, and India)
Manga Plus (Worldwide except Japan, Korea and China)

Chapters come out at 4pm ET, 1pm PT, 8pm GMT

Please support the official release!

Oct 25, 2017
This final arc is making me madder and madder, like this is going to be too ULTIMATELY GOOD AND HAPPY PERFECT ENDING with

Norman instantly forgiven, his group easily getting over their demon feelings, Norman and the others will be save, no casualities and what not. Like certaintly something dramatic could have happened beyond just the one older dudes death from way back when?!

Only saving grace will be if Normal really gets injured in the next chapter (in before someone has sacrificed themself from the lambda group to get in the way, the angry dude I bet)

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
This final arc is making me madder and madder, like this is going to be too ULTIMATELY GOOD AND HAPPY PERFECT ENDING with

Norman instantly forgiven, his group easily getting over their demon feelings, Norman and the others will be save, no casualities and what not. Like certaintly something dramatic could have happened beyond just the one older dudes death from way back when?!

Only saving grace will be if Normal really gets injured in the next chapter (in before someone has sacrificed themself from the lambda group to get in the way, the angry dude I bet)
I agree.

I kind of wish Norman stuck with his plan and wasn't feeling like Emma thought he was. Would have been more interesting.

Norman is going to die though, I remain firm on that. Too many death flags for him to just skate out unharmed With a happy ending.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how it ends happily, given the remade promise. Emma had to give up something huge (personally) to get that done.

Maybe Norman (dying with no cure for his advanced condition) makes his own deal, to give up on a future with Emma and Ray in exchange for cancelling what Emma gave up. That's the only way I can see this all working out.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The author taking a break to go do research after this chapter was a good bit of unintentional comedy

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the hell is going on now...

I went from rolling my eyes at the blood degeneration in a wine glass nonsense at the beginning of the chapter to being mildly intrigued at seeing all those faces pop up again in that giant monstrosity. Not sure why the demons are wearing their masks though. That's kind of stupid.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
At the current state, honestly I am not able to make a prediction about how TPN will end, the possibilites are countless and even more after each chapter. This really intrigues me.

Oct 25, 2017
in before someone has sacrificed themself from the lambda group to get in the way
Called it. lol

--

Anyway, hope she doesnt turn out to have mom face....

I dont know if this massive amalgamation was necessary as it was a pretty solid/great conclusion just ending it at that point. Dont know how you spin the idea of multiple cores when that wasn't mentioned before or even be geelan or sonju/mujika and others.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Called it. lol

--

Anyway, hope she doesnt turn out to have mom face....

I dont know if this massive amalgamation was necessary as it was a pretty solid/great conclusion just ending it at that point. Dont know how you spin the idea of multiple cores when that wasn't mentioned before or even be geelan or sonju/mujika and others.
However, the multiple cores idea was sort of hinted when Lewis's body was not found. I suppose that Lewis has multiple cores too and he regenerated after being shot. The reason (i.e. the multiple cores) was not mentioned, but that was a hint about the fact that in some ways some demons can survive after the core was destroyed.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only one who thinks that the quality of the writing and overall story took a huge dip after they escaped Grace Field?

Since then it feels like a completely different manga (and much worse)

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one who thinks that the quality of the writing and overall story took a huge dip after they escaped Grace Field?

The art is worse too.

I'm only still following it because it's only a few minutes' commitment once a week at most.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Many of us feel that way. There's nothing clever going on anymore. Little to no mystery. Before they escaped I was really intrigued by the world outside of Grace Field. Now, I couldn't care less about it. And, Norman's return has been dreadfully bad.

The last chapter I genuinely enjoyed was the Phil chapter (ch 100). I don't totally hate it, but I just want it to end already lol.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Many of us feel that way. There's nothing clever going on anymore. Little to no mystery. Before they escaped I was really intrigued by the world outside of Grace Field. Now, I couldn't care less about it. And, Norman's return has been dreadfully bad.

The last chapter I genuinely enjoyed was the Phil chapter (ch 100). I don't totally hate it, but I just want it to end already lol.
Oh god I seriously forgot about Phil. :(

Would be nice to see him again.