• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
With Isabelle's return and today's chapter, I am finally getting excited about the series again, hopefully it can stick the landing.

Oct 25, 2017

Wouldnt have named the character Jemima since reminded me of the american syrup brand...but otherwise, alright chapter.

Sad for the parents, but Im actually hoping the soldiers spread some word throughout the ranks.

Also timewise, definitely time in place for RayNorman and the others to prevent anymore harm to their family.

Oct 25, 2017

guess Im the only one still reading this...

I guess the kids couldnt truly think that ill of Mom/Isabelle since they they still plead for her to let them fix Nats dislocated fingers...though suddenly they accepted that the end was neigh. Cried.

Hope she suddenly has a change of heart and fights along side them

Oct 25, 2017

Okay the plan to take over Grace Field is compelling, also didnt realize it was that big underground (not that we would have ever been led to believe that).
EQWORfLXUAAib-N

Oliver got a cool panel, and the final panel was good (wish they did Rays pose better as it could have been a really fantastic page)

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else feel like this series kinda dropped off? I just haven't been invested in a while. Haven't even really liked Isabella's return so far. Her arc was completed. Digging her up to be (so far) Peter Ratri's lacky is pretty lame.

OP
OP
Stowaway Silfer

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else feel like this series kinda dropped off? I just haven't been invested in a while. Haven't even really liked Isabella's return so far. Her arc was completed. Digging her up to be (so far) Peter Ratri's lacky is pretty lame.
I haven't been feeling it much for a while either, though Isabella's return piqued my interest, if only cause I was curious how it went and now what she'll actually be doing.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been feeling it for a while as well but Isabella's return and the last couple of chapters did kinda pull me back in. But I do hope it reaches its conclusion sooner rather than later.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been feeling it much for a while either, though Isabella's return piqued my interest, if only cause I was curious how it went and now what she'll actually be doing.
I haven't been feeling it for a while as well but Isabella's return and the last couple of chapters did kinda pull me back in. But I do hope it reaches its conclusion sooner rather than later.

I dunno, I kinda feel like Isabella had a great ending already and bringing her back kind of diminishes that.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

feel the same since the queen fight started or even a bit before that

OP
OP
Stowaway Silfer

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I dunno, I kinda feel like Isabella had a great ending already and bringing her back kind of diminishes that.
I won't deny that but it's at least interesting and has me asking questions, which is more than I could say for the demon capital stuff.

I'm not blown away by the explanation that this is her chance at getting out of the system entirely and that's why she's back but it's good enough for me to play along. Now I'm just hoping that the coming conflict will benefit from her experience with the children and the children's growth since their last meeting in a cool way.

Oct 25, 2017

Oliver!

Well that was a quick way to cover a ton of ground while showing tons of familiar faces.

Isabella no where to be found was strange. Peter just sitting in some room was strange to but i guess he knows hes a target so maybe just acting like the typical boss character dude and letting them come to him???

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, we're getting to the important part. The mind games against Ratri and possibly about the new promise. Looks like there's not too many chapters left.

Wonder what's Isabella's role in this. Seems interesting.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, we're getting to the important part. The mind games against Ratri and possibly about the new promise. Looks like there's not too many chapters left.

Wonder what's Isabella's role in this. Seems interesting.
personally i think she's going to betray ratri to help the kids

dont really see the point of bringing her back for any other reason

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
personally i think she's going to betray ratri to help the kids

dont really see the point of bringing her back for any other reason

I feel like that could happen, but not immediately.

It'd be a good way to "humanize" her tbh, she's already a demon in everything but looks. Considering her relationship with Emma, how she is the mother of Ray, and what she did for Norman, there's a lot there to think about in that conflict. Ratri is just there. tbh. It was never about him.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like that could happen, but not immediately.

It'd be a good way to "humanize" her tbh, she's already a demon in everything but looks. Considering her relationship with Emma, how she is the mother of Ray, and what she did for Norman, there's a lot there to think about in that conflict. Ratri is just there. tbh. It was never about him.
they allready beat her though, and with her comments at the end of the escape arc i don't see why they would just retread her as an antagonist

she's going to somehow be integral to their victory, imo

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird following something where the antagonist has already lost. Ratri's rant was great drama, but he's already lost. Emma remade the promise, literally with God or whatever. His vision for how this all goes can't happen.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
It's weird following something where the antagonist has already lost. Ratri's rant was great drama, but he's already lost. Emma remade the promise, literally with God or whatever. His vision for how this all goes can't happen.
This pretty much sums up why I'm not getting into this arc, like these last couple of chapters are good but I can't find my self to care when we already did a final boss battle

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
This pretty much sums up why I'm not getting into this arc, like these last couple of chapters are good but I can't find my self to care when we already did a final boss battle
Even that battle (assuming you're talking about the Queen) didn't matter long term.

There's still the tension of individual character death (which I doubt the promise can fix, and might even be part of it!), but long term, Emma won ever since she spoke with God-Demon. She can still lose people, but that's not really the win condition for the antagonists.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That's kind of the problem with the manga ever since the new promise was made. For some reason they decided to cliffhanger what the new promise was, so everything since then has just been in the way of figuring that out for me.

Oct 25, 2017

Mom redeemed, no, all moms redeemed. The final page will definitely be one of the more memorable scenes in the series for me.

Perfect score indeed. I wonder, did she bet on this from the very beginning???

Also Hayato ftw

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
just as i thought, Isabella was never on Ratri's side. It wouldn't make any sense for her to be.

wonder what will happen now, and if they will finally reveal the promise Emma made

Oct 25, 2017

How embarrassing to run off like that, don't know what he can do at this late stage beyond call for demons to come there, but with the overwhelming heat everyone is packing I dont see how they could do anything.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Emma will save him i think. i really feel she's not making it to the real world with the others. Probably something to do with the new promise.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
So tropey, main antagonist literally surrounded by machine guns yet can still escape just because the Manga author wants him to be able to run and hit the self destruct button or such. Why not just shoot Ratri in the knee cap, he won't be running away then, or better yet the head although I guess they want him alive for some reason.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
It is at this point ratri realized he maybe shouldn't have promoted the person who allowed this all to start with the escape under her watch.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Meh. Ratri is such a lame antagonist that I still dont feel much excitement over this development.

Oct 25, 2017
No surprise that Leuvis was alive all along, and he just easily resolves the demon's plight.
Can't imagine there's too many chapters left.

Oct 25, 2017
Quick way to end it all.

Am guessing now is the point where Norman will take a bullet for Emma...unless the story will truly go through with a no protagonist dies things and he pays nothing for all that he has done.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
My boy Leuvis is back, and happy that little plot was resolved quickly.
Next week TPN is on the cover and it's suppose to be the climax of the arc, so the series must be reaching the end soon.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Out of everything that's happened so far, Leuvis being alive is probably the worst offence for me. I was ok with everything else until this.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I swear if Ratri dosen't get shot soon....

I'm still in shock at Isabella not just capping him last chapter when he somehow stole a gun and hip fired at the ground.