• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Leuvis being alive wasn't a huge surprise for the reason mentioned above. I imagine if season 2 of the anime was done by this point, and it animated that, it would have felt less like it came out of nowhere for other people.

And yeah, not much else left to resolve, unless Leuvis becomes an antagonist.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I find it less weird that he's alive, but more the fact that he just waltz in and fixes everything.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I get Emma's message but damn, if there's something that people like Ratri share is that their #1 priority is self preservation, even if it means destroying everyone around or the world. So all this neutral, put-yourself-on-the-shoes-of-others talk reads like just naivety and giving too much credit to asshole people. The montage the author does trying to explain this motivation is weird too, considering the current conflicts of the world; should Palestinian people accept or try to understand Israel's actions? or the abused and damaged should give space to the abusers to explain their points? or are there people in the world that just love that power dynamic and love to take advantage of the weaker because they can?

I don't know. The "both sides" trend in media ends up always benefiting just one side, next you'll tell me Nazis should have a platform because we have to listen to their points and try to find middle ground, Boogie-like. Fuck that.

Oct 25, 2017
I dont know If I would have done that whole page of conflicts that don't exist in the series, I guess trying to leave a social message in their story...where norman gets away with mass murder...???

Anyway

Understanding ends are always nice.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else have very little recollection of Chris and Mary? It was a big "For Jared" (FFXV) moment to me lol.

Art was particularly good at least.
Man what happened to this series
Trying to draw comparisons to the current ongoings of the series to real world issues like immigration and the coronavirus of all things was a choice lol. Been in a tailspin for a while but this was rough (even if I think the author is probably well intentioned).

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to draw comparisons to the current ongoings of the series to real world issues like immigration and the coronavirus of all things was a choice lol. Been in a tailspin for a while but this was rough (even if I think the author is probably well intentioned).

It's like, it's not even that a manga could never pull something like that off, it's just that Promised Neverland is absolutely not the one to do it

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
We'll see how it all ends but trying to draw parallels to real world stuff kind of rings hollow when the fictional world you created has magical blood and an all powerful god to fix things for them so they can side step tackling the truly hard stuff. It's not over yet but....yeah.

Oct 25, 2017

Figured that would happen with how the chapter opened.

Not much left to do for this beyond the great exodus to the human world. Will they free all the other farms at the same time too?

OP
OP
Stowaway Silfer

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I liked Peter Ratri telling them that humans are messed up and the other side ain't paradise either because the reaction to that world from the kids who've been fighting to reach it for so long is something I've been curious about since the start.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Watch them get to the flawed human world, time skip, and then begin the emma president of the world campaign arc (maybe rebrand to the promised neverland 2).

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
I liked Peter Ratri telling them that humans are messed up and the other side ain't paradise either because the reaction to that world from the kids who've been fighting to reach it for so long is something I've been curious about since the start.

Yeah it's a good point to raise

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Used to love this manga but I wish the pacing here would improve. Do they know what they are going to do with this? Are they planning on renewing for a human world arc? I'd like that. This story is too good to be limping along like it is. I guess I've just been itching to know the new agreement.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I don't think that world is totally safe from them, all they said was get rid of the farms, they'd need to start making tons of rules to protect humans and not have them being eaten, and at least from the comments from those in the audience, some of them still wanted to eat human meat, so....

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Like others, I was happy to see Phil, but otherwise just riding things out until the ending.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
It's all been such a huge mess since the Andrew arc, all this should feel emotional but no longer feel nothing for these characters

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting for the shoe to drop. Lewis and Sonju were both opponents of the farms because they believed in the hunt. Is that back on the table?

And of course the new promise. Emma had to give the Dude something.

Oct 25, 2017

I can understand the reason to perhaps off Mom...but perhaps it would have been more emotional and kind of supportive of the plot if it had been Norman to take the hit instead, considering the crimes and distrust he accumulated.

Otherwise, kind of felt abrupt since the demon just happened to appear.

Oh well.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
If the author wanted to do this, I feel like it probably would have been more effective if it wasn't after nearly all the conflict had been settled. Or at least in a way that doesn't feel engineered to get Isabella out/a death scene. It's a wide open field with the entire cast and a lone demon out of nowhere...The ending is kind of just going through the motions and checking off the boxes, and it's like they forgot this one and had to course correct.

Reunion scene with Phil is nice. Great color page.

I can understand the reason to perhaps off Mom...but perhaps it would have been more emotional and kind of supportive of the plot if it had been Norman to take the hit instead, considering the crimes and distrust he accumulated.

Otherwise, kind of felt abrupt since the demon just happened to appear.

Oh well.
Is Norman potentially dying from being sick? I can't remember.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
If the author wanted to do this, I feel like it probably would have been more effective if it wasn't after nearly all the conflict had been settled. Or at least in a way that doesn't feel engineered to get Isabella out/a death scene.

Since the moment it was shown that Isabella has side with the kettle children, I thought that she could sacrifice hersel for them and especially for Emma. But I though it would have happened in the climax of the conflict, not at this point.
Overall, I think that the pace of this last arc could have been handled better - and it is a pity, since I enjoyed the previous arcs, including Goldy Pond.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Finally caught up. I can see that one shot of Emma perceiving all of the moms surrounding Ratri as children again being pretty good in anime form, with it lasting longer and with the inflexion of music.

I kinda fell off when things really got drowned in demon politics. It got a bit better once the Grace Field infiltration began. I could see this manga having an alright ending; it probably won't shit the bed. But it's probably not going to be amazing. Kinda sick of the intrigue behind the "Promise," I don't see how that's supposed to pay off at this point.

The concept of the kids arriving to the human world and realizing that it's not a paradise is a neat one. Like, a redux of what happened after the first arc. But I don't think it'll be explored in any depth.

poutmeter

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I remember being excited to read new chapters months ago, but now it's just something to do to see how it ends — it feels like the author has plot points to tell and an ending to get to, and is just doing the bare minimum to get it done. I just hope it's over soon,

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hate that this would've actually been a perfect death scene if the buildup to it wasn't completely rushed

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It'd hit more if it wasn't some random dude who came out of nowhere when the conflict was settled just for the shock factor. It makes sense, thematically, that she would bite it before riding off into happiness with everyone else. But it could have been better.

Oct 25, 2017
*siiiiiiighs*
"I want... your family! Oh wait, your family is going to the real world. Then I guess I don't want anything."
Talk about a massive anti-climax.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Did the writer jsut give up trying to make the promise work? This is awful if there isn't any actual consequence.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
*siiiiiiighs*
"I want... your family! Oh wait, your family is going to the real world. Then I guess I don't want anything."
Talk about a massive anti-climax.
I still hope that in the next chapter we will find out that there was a reward, after all.
Otherwise, after creating so many expectations behind this reward... for it being "nothing" at the end...

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Let's hope there is one final twist with the human world, because this sure was, well, literally nothing.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Like I wouldn't be surprised if there was an apology in the author comments.
"I'm sorry I couldn't even think of a bad way to make this work."

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If that's where the Promise ends, it was a pretty big waste of time. So was the unnamable god being; things could have just been explained away through politics and some elaborate tunnel connecting both worlds or something.

NEW YORK