• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
ok, now i am interested in the system

basically, it's now like PSTV without PS4 streaming and Vita games.
wonder how will that effect the sale of the system

edit: well, not really like PSTV, it can run many PSP games, but other games will have problems, like god of war and other problematic games.

Last edited:

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
This is using a weaker CPU/GPU combo than the Pi 3b+ which is incapable of running anything but the least demanding PSP games a full speed despite it's significantly more mature drivers and ecosystem. So don't expect to "play" PSP games on this as much as watch a slideshow of some low end PSP games for a few minutes before giving up.

So is it more powerful than a PSTV?

PSTV has PSP hardware in it it's not so much emulation on the PSTV as it's just running the game.

Last edited:

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Glad I picked up my PS classic for $35 when I took advantage of that Red Cartwheel deal.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
In the end, it's still just another underpowered RetroArch machine.
This is using a weaker CPU/GPU combo than the Pi 3b+ which is incapable of running anything but the least demanding PSP games a full speed despits it's significantly more mature drivers and ecosystem. I'm calling shenanigans.
Yeah, I was really surprised that the frame rates were so stable on those PSP games. PPSSPP is notorious for pushing the limits of these small SOC machines, and the PS Classic doesn't have any secret sauce