• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
195057mjz7wzwzpomf2joz.jpg

More pictures on this forum: https://bbs.a9vg.com/thread-8683081-1-1.html

Awesome if true. I guess Black PS5 is going to be a thing even if they don't officially make one.

ArchAngel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's what I guessed when they revealed it to put in a new ssd. Hopefully it's true! :D

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
That picture also reconfirms that it's pretty massive as this looks like an A4 sheet.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting but might not mean anything. The glossy side of the original PS4 was really easy to unclip and slide off but nothing came from that.

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
Why does that suggest they are swappable? They're still gonna have some mechanism to attach to the rest of the console's body, even if they are not.

By that logic every console's exterior is "swappable". It's just a matter of Sony making it easy to do and actually selling replacements.

Consequence

Oct 27, 2017
Return of the XB360 faceplates market! When can I pre-order some classy ones, like woodgrain or big tiddy anime girl?

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
This could be a big thing for custom consoles.

Imagine having custom plates for every single first-party title where you don't have to replace the entire console itself.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
The black top of your PS4 pro is also swappable, there is just the question with what you will swap it.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
10000000% buying custom plates
Compared to the small stuff you could do with some removable components on ps4 systems, this is the entire fucking machine nearly, or at least it's appearance.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
this just looks similar to how the top of the ps3 phat attached to that console, nothing more than construction stuff

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Being removable doesn't immediately imply they're meant to be swapped out at a consumer level.
I hope so, but we'll probably want to wait for more info.
If it's simple to do, guarantee there will be some nutty kits developed.

Mecha

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
It's probable that this removable faceplate is just to give easy access to the expansion dock for additional SSD memory.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Interesting but might not mean anything. The glossy side of the original PS4 was really easy to unclip and slide off but nothing came from that.
Pretty sure they sold face plates for that for a while

www.youtube.com

Official Sony PlayStation 4 Custom Faceplate (HDD Cover) | Unboxing, Set-Up & Review | MyKeyReviews

☆ Official Sony PS4 Coloured Custom Faceplates (HDD Cover).☆ Available in: Aqua Blue, Neon Orange, Red, Gold & More! ★ Buy(UK): http://tinyurl.com/PS4-CF-AB-...

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
You could actually buy different plates, but it seems they didn't sell too well since they weren't on offer for a long time.
Pretty sure they sold face plates for that for a while

www.youtube.com

Official Sony PlayStation 4 Custom Faceplate (HDD Cover) | Unboxing, Set-Up & Review | MyKeyReviews

☆ Official Sony PS4 Coloured Custom Faceplates (HDD Cover).☆ Available in: Aqua Blue, Neon Orange, Red, Gold & More! ★ Buy(UK): http://tinyurl.com/PS4-CF-AB-...
Must have been for a really brief period of time. I don't remember that at all.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah this would be awesome and its totally believeable from the design. Hopefully we get some awesome custon designs right from launch.