• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
why-does-the-inside-of-a-cheese-grater-look-like-37876667.png
I looked at this and immediately thought of Busta Rhymes.

He would have loved this for Woo Haa

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's wild how awful so much of 90s/00s hip hop is looking back. Like I have rose-tinted glassed about that era because there was so much great stuff but sometimes a Ja Rule or Puff song comes up on the radio and I just think "goddamn we as a nation actually accepted this cornball shit at one point"

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Re: Matrix ripoff videos

This came out in 1999 though and I don't really know when. Matrix was released in September so presumably after that but would be funny if they just used trailers for the inspiration lol.

The Matrix came out in April before Episode 1

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Just saw this nonsense video again and was about to make a thread when I remembered I already had lol.

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's wild how awful so much of 90s/00s hip hop is looking back. Like I have rose-tinted glassed about that era because there was so much great stuff but sometimes a Ja Rule or Puff song comes up on the radio and I just think "goddamn we as a nation actually accepted this cornball shit at one point"
You can feel however you want to feel about it, but the music today doesn't feel fun to me.

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
lol, I remember people who were 40+ years old back then saying the same thing, verbatim.

I tend to stick to trance and EDM so I have no real opinion on today's Top 40 but I thought that was funny.
That's true. I just don't find today's stuff really danceable. But you can't say as an EDM guy that it is the same wavelength it's always been. Well trance kinda is, but on the whole it's a different ballgame.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
OP, what decisions are you making in your life that are leading you to watching the P.E. 2000 video multiple times in the year 2019?

Oct 25, 2017
And the effect was used in 1995 by Michel Gondry for Bjork's Army of Me, years before I saw it anywhere else.

It's not the Matrix effect. There is no movement between the frames. In The Matrix the speed of the action is fully divorced from the movement of the camera. In these videos it's just a series of still images from different angles. Not the same thing, but obviously a precursor to it. I remember they used it in some Gap commercials and the intro to the Howard Stern Show on E!.

Oct 30, 2017
The fact that Mo Money Mo Problems is as good as it is with P-diddy in it is an extraordinary feat

But imagine how wonderful it would be if you took him out and just added another Biggie verse

Imagine

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Now I'm reminded that there were also Spanish and rock versions of this song.

Ah the late 90s / early 00s - era of rock/rap fusion. You had limp bizkit, rage against the machine, linkin park, Puff Daddy's experimentations, Rage against the Machine, korn (to a lesser degree they leaned far more into pure rock than say limp bizkit or Rage Against the Machine)