• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
What Frank did to Billy Russo's face at the end of the first season does not match the scarring on display here. He should not be recognizable after that.

Rade

The Fallen
Nov 13, 2017
I'm hyped, those fight scenes look a lot better than season 1's.

Another thing, I realized Frank wasn't a hero when he kept thinking of banging his wife while being tortured, kinky stuff.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
What Frank did to Billy Russo's face at the end of the first season does not match the scarring on display here. He should not be recognizable after that.
I think the implication is that Russo had plastic surgery after he got fucked up but he has narcissistic personality disorder, so he's pretty much insane and obsessed about it.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I think the implication is that Russo had plastic surgery after he got fucked up but he has narcissistic personality disorder, so he's pretty much insane and obsessed about it.
Considering plastic surgery is so advanced that face transplants are a thing nowadays, it makes sense why he doesn't look as ridiculously over-the-top as the comics or War Zone

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I mentioned it in the other thread, but they pulled a Beauty and the Beast TV Show with Jigsaw.

In that show the "Beast" was just some hot dude with a tree tattoo over his body.

NTGYK

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Trailer has a million hits. Good sign?

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this and JJ s3 are good enough to close out the Marvel on NF. I feel like it's a good enough series(all the shows) and there is a lot of content there, it's a shame it's ending on these two, especially when DD started it all. I really liked Punisher S1, hopefully this is better.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Awesome trailer. Made me re-watch the season 1 trailer... still one of the best trailers I've ever seen. This one comes close.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I mentioned it in the other thread, but they pulled a Beauty and the Beast TV Show with Jigsaw.

In that show the "Beast" was just some hot dude with a tree tattoo over his body.

250px-Beauty_%26_the_Beast_%28Season_1%29_DVD_cover.jpg

Love so brave it can overcome a scar and elf ears?

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping this is a lot better than Season 1.

S1 was fine but, well, I was coming off of Daredevil S3......

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
They completely cheaped out on Jigsaw. Make him look actually scary, otherwise what was the fucking point of last season's ending. I don't really care for the plastic surgery excuse.

NTGYK

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They completely cheaped out on Jigsaw. Make him look actually scary, otherwise what was the fucking point of last season's ending. I don't really care for the plastic surgery excuse.
Considering the showrunner's previous show was Hannibal, I have full trust in him

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Always happy to see my favorite band get some love. <3

Considering the showrunner's previous show was Hannibal, I have full trust in him

?

As far as I can tell, Bryan Fuller had no involvement with this.

And even if he had, he'd have left the project early because he can't hold a job.

Nov 30, 2017
I dunno, some small semblance of hope that this show gets to continue on Netflix.

Marvel won't make another show with Punisher. Daredevil, Luke Cage, etc maybe, but not Castle.

Hope Netflix keeps making Punisher too. But it's gonna require record breaking viewership for that to happen which I highly doubt.

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
Wooh embargos are up, I can talk about the show now. Yea this is definitely on par with Season 1. Jigsaw might not look like the comic version we know him as but man is he menacing. John Pilgrim makes a great villain, and this is definitely a fitting end to the series if Netflix does indeed cancel it.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
I agree. First thing I noticed. The leeway I was willing to give was that maybe the excessive prosthetics looked too cheesy for acting? Not the biggest of deals to me, though.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
The trailer is good in a straight forward way. It feels like this season will be a much more straightforward action romp without any of the philosophical undertones that gave Punisher Cameo and Punisher Season 1 depth. I hope I'm wrong because I doubt they can carry 10+ episodes of high frequency action.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'm so in for more punishment! Season one was awesome and I'm sure this will be no different.

Oct 25, 2017
It somehow made me hate Karen more than she already is in Daredevil, turns out she's Pro Guns and vigilante murder too. Oh, and let's portray the liberal politician in favor of gun control as a selfish, coward. GTFO.

The politician being worried about it getting out that he had armed guards because that would somehow be hypocritical and make him look bad was one of the weirdest fucking things. I have never seen a liberal make an argument that a security detail is a bad thing

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
The choreography in this looks light years ahead of every other Netflix marvel show. That and the quality of season 1 will definitely get me to watch.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Micro ain't coming back? I liked their Otacon/Snake relationship in season 1. But I guess he went home to be a family man.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I highly doubt Netflix would stop making more shows if they were their number 1 viewed shows on the service. Sure there's politics but there is also profiteering which trumps all

So what you're saying is that it's simply a coincidence that after Disney has announced their own streaming service and is pulling all their stuff to it that Netflix cancelled:
1. Iron Fist
2. Luke Cage
3. Daredevil

Especially when Daredevil was considered the cream of the crop and had multiple seasons behind it? That's too much of a "coincidence" that they'd axe ALL of these shows in the same year when the quality and critical response to them has been quite varied, like Iron Fist was pretty much universally panned and Daredevil was the standout Marvel show on Netflix.

The most logical conclusion is that either Marvel had them pull it or Netflix decided because Disney is now a "competitor" that it did not want to use Disney's IP's and further help them make money anymore so they are getting rid of all the Marvel shows and plan to focus on their own original programs instead.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
So what you're saying is that it's simply a coincidence that after Disney has announced their own streaming service and is pulling all their stuff to it that Netflix cancelled:
1. Iron Fist
2. Luke Cage
3. Daredevil

Especially when Daredevil was considered the cream of the crop and had multiple seasons behind it? That's too much of a "coincidence" that they'd axe ALL of these shows in the same year when the quality and critical response to them has been quite varied, like Iron Fist was pretty much universally panned and Daredevil was the standout Marvel show on Netflix.

The most logical conclusion is that either Marvel had them pull it or Netflix decided because Disney is now a "competitor" that it did not want to use Disney's IP's and further help them make money anymore so they are getting rid of all the Marvel shows and plan to focus on their own original programs instead.
It's obviously option B. It's been option B for years now. Plus the shows are very expensive while also hemorrhaging viewers

Disney can't do anything with these characters for two years anyway

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Reviews are coming out

Collider felt narratively it was weaker than S1, trading thematic storytelling for an unapologetic MAX-esque plot, but that it works as a brutal action romp
http://collider.com/the-punisher-season-2-review/
If the first season of The Punisher was a meditation on the cost of violence, The Punisher Season 2 is mostly about the violence itself — and oh, what mighty violence there is to behold. There's no denying that the action scenes are some of the best you'll see on TV, this year or any other; remarkable feats of choreography, effects, shot composition, and performance that provide more kinetic thrills than most blockbuster film franchises. Fans who found last season too slow and focused on Frank's internal war will be thrilled to see that this season is full-tilt punishing. Sometimes, the film's set-pieces feel like a gallery: This is how Frank punishes in a bar. This is how he punishes in a gym. Each new setting unfolding creative opportunities for the choreographers to showcase what a beast Frank is.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands

you might find this interesting, some smart observations about the disney/marvel situation:
https://redef.com/set/media-set-1543940610157

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
Hyped for this and the action looks top notch, but I still wish they made Jigsaw more fucked up looking.