• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ploppee

Nov 28, 2018
that bathroom sink didn't see that coming. looks like they're showing a lot more of Frank's brute strength which is a good thing.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
veins.gif

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
So, I watched DD S2 and loved the Punisher half. I never watched this due to the mixed reviews, will I like it? Is it better than Daredevil S1 or S3?

I love DD and the same part of season 2 that you did. I enjoyed Punisher season 1, but also found it to be gratuitously gory, even moreso than some of the stuff in DD.

OP
OP
luca

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm fucking hyped after these reviews. This is gonna be the best Marvel we'll get. Absolutely can't wait, and is rewatching the trailer over and over again.

Is there a date? I can't watch the preview.
I literally wrote in text that it's coming out on January 18 right below the YouTube embed in the OP.

Wooh embargos are up, I can talk about the show now. Yea this is definitely on par with Season 1. Jigsaw might not look like the comic version we know him as but man is he menacing. John Pilgrim makes a great villain, and this is definitely a fitting end to the series if Netflix does indeed cancel it.
So the show doesn't end on a cliffhanger right?

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
The showrunner stated that Billy isn't Jigsaw yet in this season so perhaps he gets his face fucked up even more to the point he just loses his mind.
Makes sense. Billy gets hit with something that would have killed literally anyone else and goes full-on Jigsaw for season 3.

Of course none of that matters now with the death of Marvel/Netflix.

Still, S2 should be a damn good time.

OP
OP
luca

luca

Oct 25, 2017

Listened to 15 minutes of this review. Seems like the new cast members does really well, especially Giorgia Whigham as Amy Bendix who is a standout. But that they don't really use John Pilgrim, Floriana Lima or even Madani from S1 thats well. That the show is much more a Punisher MAX comic book action show with straight punishing, instead of having deeper conversations, themes and dialogue like in S1. So I feel like it's gonna be a pretty different show that has other strengths to the first season. I'm super excited about Frank Castle and Amy Bendix's relationship.

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
Yeah, I'm fucking hyped after these reviews. This is gonna be the best Marvel we'll get. Absolutely can't wait, and is rewatching the trailer over and over again.

I literally wrote in text that it's coming out on January 18 right below the YouTube embed in the OP.

So the show doesn't end on a cliffhanger right?
No cliffhanger like DD season 3. The shows ending wraps it all up perfectly while still leaving the door open for a season 3

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Based on reviews, I'm super hyped, even more than after watching the trailer. The character development / family incident got explored plenty in S1. I'm all for way more action this time around.

gimmmick

Nov 26, 2017
Man Billy's plastic surgeon must have done miracle work. His face doesn't look like it was shot in the mouth and ran across a broken mirror.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I know it'll be cancelled but I'll still watch it. Marvel is all about death and rebirth anyway. Once Disneyflix fails in a sea of streaming services no one asked for (CBS, NBC, Disney, GoFuckYourself 12.99) a new version will be made.

Oct 31, 2017
I know it'll be cancelled but I'll still watch it. Marvel is all about death and rebirth anyway. Once Disneyflix fails in a sea of streaming services no one asked for (CBS, NBC, Disney, GoFuckYourself 12.99) a new version will be made.

Some analysts are predicting the exact opposite of Disneflix failing, but one never knows.

5c3f4d2855ab0b1bb8552164-750-422.jpg

Give it two years and Marvel can do whatever they want with these shows. There just needs to be a cooldown period legally.

Punisher may or may not have the 2 year cool off period. It was done under a separate agreement.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised his scarring was subdued considering how bloody and damaging the whole mirror sequence was. I would have expected more crooked scars throughout his face.
I'm holding out hope that it's either been toned down for the trailer or it's just an insane amount of makeup that he applies because he is very vain and at some point in the show it gets wiped off and we see the real scars.

Because yeah he got his face raked across broken glass lol

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just nearing the end of the first episode right now and holy shit, this set up is goooood. If the quality of writing is maintained at this level throughout the season, this shit is going to be so goddamn great.

So many great emotional set ups to invest in right from the get-go. Fucking loving this.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Just nearing the end of the first episode right now and holy shit, this set up is goooood. If the quality of writing is maintained at this level throughout the season, this shit is going to be so goddamn great.

So many great emotional set ups to invest in right from the get-go. Fucking loving this.
That's so good to hear. I always felt like netflix's marvel shows usually drop a little in the middle of the season. With the fairly high chance there's not going to be a 3rd season I'm hoping they treat this season finale as a series finale.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finished the first episode. Absolutely stellar. The hook is really riveting and the dramatic build up is sweet and subtle...and then shit hits the fan. The tension build up is very well executed. I like how so much happens in the first episode and yet I'm still left wondering as to just what in the hell is happening and how things will play out.

I'm VERY picky about the television series I take the time to invest in. Aside from Jessica Jones I haven't really enjoyed any other Marvel Netflix series. But I absolutely LOVED the first season of The Punisher and I feel like anyone who enjoyed that as much as I did will get a big kick out of the first episode of season 2. This is one of the best season openers of any series I've seen.

I sincerely hope the rest of the season is as good!