• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Just announced on the live stream.

Reveal Trailer:

Playstation Channel with August Release Date[same trailer and no specified date, only month]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-qrbXF-fKM

Dhvex4FVQAMlnOz.jpg:large

DhwUeuUV4AAaLKD
*Full Artwork is not completed as of now

The third Season Pass DLC character has been revealed to be Final Fantasy VIII's Rinoa Heartilly and she joins the fray with her lovable companion Angelo!

Rinoa information:
- Uses Angelo to fight in one form and Angel Wing as the other
- Signature victory pose
- Marksman Class

- Weapons are Pinwheel, Valkyrie, Rising Sun and Cardinal.
DPxyaEv.png

Alternate outfits:

Ballroom Title:
IMArVtU.png

Hi-Res Images:

Gameplay:

Famitsu has added Rinoa to their Dissidia page with more information on her fighting and rewards

Dissidia NT JP website has added Rinoa

*Confirmed to also be joining Opera Omnia(Dissidia Mobile Game)

Release Date: August
Arcade Release Date: July 12th

*Thanks to Xenosaga for the links

Last edited:

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Cool. Happy for all you who wanted her! You guys got your fav.

Looks like Laguna is a no show though for now.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
That fully confirms the list I heard (though the XI rep could be someone else)
  • Vayne (FF12)
  • Locke (FF6)
  • Rinoa (FF8)
  • Yuna (FF10)
  • Kam'lanaut (FF11)
  • Snow (LRXIII)
She looks great and I can't wait to try her out!

Oct 30, 2017
We need more of Rinoa... she is so underrated as a FF main female protagonist. We always get the others but rarley here compared to them.

She looks so lovely <3

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Queen is here, all is right in the world. She looks amazing.

Super happy for you Wazzy I know you've been wanting this for a long time.

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yay

but when the hell are they going to give XIV its due process

Gaius van Baelsar / Zenos Yae Galvus

Yugiri / Jacke / V'kebbe

Estinien / Aymeric

Alphinaud / Alisae

Thancred / Pap

THE DERPLANDER
t97j71moerrx.png

COME ON GUYS

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the link to the trailer, it was great to watch it in 1080p instead of in 144p.

Angelo is a great addition to her moveset, and even opens up the door for more assist characters like Aerith. Very excited for next month.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
She looks kinda fun!

I really hope SE is planning to do something about the single player mode, it would be great to have an update like what they did with XIV

OVDRobo

Oct 29, 2017
It's great that they're adding all these less-represented characters but I sure wish the game was better. I can't justify buying any of them to wait several minutes between each online match or play them in the barebones single player modes.

Edit: Wait a minute she just launched Angelo out of her arm launcher. Day One.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Yes!! That intro sequence is teasing me for an FF8 remake T_T

Unlike FF7, I feel like FF8 would work really well as an actual remake and not a complete re-imagining.

Just do the same thing, improve the shortcomings, but keep most of the design, even keep fixed angles, just in real time 3D.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Unlike FF7, I feel like FF8 would work really well as an actual remake and not a complete re-imagining.

Just do the same thing, improve the shortcomings, but keep most of the design, even keep fixed angles, just in real time 3D.
I don't know, FFVIII is a really moody game full of hormones and angst.

You've got to commit fully to having Squall be this self-absorbed wanker with a persecution complex that grows out of it. I feel like if they tried they would make him much more of a hero who speaks few words and lose some of that.

Taking it from the realm of text-driven JRPG to fully acted could have issues with all the internal monologuing. Squall spends more time in his head than any other FF character.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
It's great that they're adding all these less-represented characters but I sure wish the game was better. I can't justify buying any of them to wait several minutes between each online match or play them in the barebones single player modes.

Edit: Wait a minute she just launched Angelo out of her arm launcher. Day One.
Even though I haven't played much online, I really hope SE is thinking about giving the game some kind of update to get more interest towards the game...

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Someone needs to gif her sass walk at the end.

HD SASS

Edit: They just revealed her artwork

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Not a big fan of her alternate outfits. The second outfit with the plaid looks like they took Rinoa straight out of Kingdom Hearts 3 :P

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Glad there's another woman added to the roster, although I'm indifferent to Rinoa and disappointed IX was overlooked for another VIII rep. Angelo is cute though!

I'll jump back in when Yuna arrives.