• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
I skimmed through this, but it just seems to be 6 minutes of "we live in a society"

I expected something more meaningful and evidence-based.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Good ol' DMT. Straight up will kick your ass into another dimension. I think I can only handle LSD these days. Maybe 3 shrooms.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
"Our Society"

*clips of V for Vendetta"

*clips of marching soldiers*

*loud foreboding music over the poor quality mic*

Laughing.Out.Loud.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Graham Hancock lol. DMT is banned to prevent us from using telepathic powers to build the pyramids like the proto-Egyptians did.

QssFqNS.jpg

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
This is Graham Hancock's schtick. It mixes appealing ideas (we could more fully realise human potential, war is bad) with some implausible reasoning (we're being used as docile meat robots.) In modern liberal democracies we're at liberty to think and communicate on a scale that was unimaginable just three decades ago. If we're acting like meat robots, it's because we've chosen to plug ourselves in to Facebook and other time wasters because facing up to reality is too overwhelming. Dropping a few tabs of acid wouldn't help with that.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man, when I was younger and cuntier I used to think videos like these were enlightening... This guy knows the true nature of things!

Now I just fucking roll my eyes.

Oct 27, 2017
This is Graham Hancock's schtick. It mixes appealing ideas (we could more fully realise human potential, war is bad) with some implausible reasoning (we're being used as docile meat robots.) In modern liberal democracies we're at liberty to think and communicate on a scale that was unimaginable just three decades ago. If we're acting like meat robots, it's because we've chosen to plug ourselves in to Facebook and other time wasters because facing up to reality is too overwhelming. Dropping a few tabs of acid wouldn't help with that.
I dunno. Dudes like this guy are full of shit, but I don't think people really choose to live the way they live. We mostly just respond to our environment and upbringing. But I don't think the solution is to take a heroic dose of mushrooms and touch the face of God. :p

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Graham Hancock is a very fun individual to listen to but he's also Graham Hancock the grifter.

Does he bring up how he thinks DMT connects us to the other dimension where the machine elves/aliens live who the Atlanteans communicated with prior to the Younger Dryas comet impact?

Threadkular

Dec 29, 2017
I get the guy's point, but if he's essentially asserting we throw away society, it's probably not going to end well for guys like him and me. I'd rather have physical abilities than my smarts in that kind of world. I'd be pretty useless. His ideas only make sense when you live in a bubble.

Like a witty retort or zinger to another person can only be so effective and satisfying because I can trust on the safety net of the police.

I always have to be grateful that I was born when and where I was, because at any other time and in few other places could a person as diminutive and sensitive as me that happens to have a fairly common trade skill (computers) be so successful.

Last edited:

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
"Our society is absolutely designed to shut down 90% of the potential of the human creature."

Citation needed on how this number was derived. If you are trying to make a point it really matters that your opening statement isn't just some bullshit figure you pulled out of your ass. What is the make up of the 10% contributing to the "potential of the human creature"?

I have so many questions that need unpacking in the first 4 seconds I don't see the point continuing thinly veiled libertarian rhetoric.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
"Our society is absolutely designed to shut down 90% of the potential of the human creature."

Citation needed on how this number was derived. If you are trying to make a point it really matters that your opening statement isn't just some bullshit figure you pulled out of your ass. What is the make up of the 10% contributing to the "potential of the human creature"?

I have so many questions that need unpacking in the first 4 seconds I don't see the point continuing thinly veiled libertarian rhetoric.

I think you're supposed to become Lucy.

InspectaDekka

Banned
Jan 4, 2019
Fucking hate this "hidden knowledge" bullshit associated with psychedelics. This is just a con man selling snake oil

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
This has an air of conspiracy theory / New Age to it. There's the clip with the reptilian eyes, plus "realizing human potential" and "reconnecting to the spirit". And it seems to be implying that the the government is intentionally keeping us from using drugs that would allow us to transcend consciousness or whatever.

Alex Jones is always talking about DMT and how it allows users to communicate with aliens and demons and shit.

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Oct 29, 2017
I know a guy who used DMT once, his explanation of the whole trip is just something. I will try it one day and I will make sure to make an Era thread about it haha

Anyone here used DMT?

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Care to elaborate what DMT is?

the spirit molecule.

I know a guy who used DMT once, his explanation of the whole trip is just something. I will try it one day and I will make sure to make an Era thread about it haha

Anyone here used DMT?

I did it back in college.

For the curious, this is basically the same chemical that gets released into your brain when you die. This is the source of many of the "white light" people report when they die. Doing DMT is like a glimpse into what death will be like when you experience it. It's some trippy shit.

Oct 31, 2017
DMT is an incredibly powerful halucinogen that lets you think you see the structure of spacetime. I personally enjoyed it on the couple of occasions I tried it. However, it is surrounded by a culture of weirdos that think it's actually going to cause the global awakening of psychic humanity, maaaaan.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DMT is an incredibly powerful halucinogen that lets you think you see the structure of spacetime. I personally enjoyed it on the couple of occasions I tried it. However, it is surrounded by a culture of weirdos that think it's actually going to cause the global awakening of psychic humanity, maaaaan.

the way "machine elves" has transformed from a neat in-joke description of the shared hallucination people seem to exhibit, into many claiming they are literally extra dimensional beings is groan worthy. DMT culture is full of weirdos, yup.

I will say this -- ultimately, I didn't like it. I don't like disassociatives. I also didn't like salvia (although they're vastly different trips).

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Oct 29, 2017
the spirit molecule.

I did it back in college.

For the curious, this is basically the same chemical that gets released into your brain when you die. This is the source of many of the "white light" people report when they die. Doing DMT is like a glimpse into what death will be like when you experience it. It's some trippy shit.

Well, sounds like fun! You have no Idea how much I love to know what is death and what's going to happen then and what is on the other side, well if there is an other side!

Will give it a try someday.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
That was kind of funny, I guess, though all over the place with its messaging. That man also seems to have a very bizarre relationship with hallucinogens. It feels like a subtle PSA warning people about the effects of DMT on your brain.

Last edited: