• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
Data Discs has released the digital remastered soundtracks of all three Streets of Rage on Bandcamp, for £6 each

datadiscs.bandcamp.com

Data Discs

Independent record label focusing on video game soundtracks.

Note: this is an officially licensed product. Royalties will be paid to the composer and the rights holders with every purchase

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Streets of Rage is one of those rare soundtracks that only becomes more brilliantly bizarre as time goes on.
I still can't believe these beats were made of a console. Also, this high res cover art for the album whips.
a3324052299_10.jpg

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Streets of Rage is one of those rare soundtracks that only becomes more brilliantly bizarre as time goes on.
I still can't believe these beats were made of a console. Also, this high res cover art for the album whips.
a3324052299_10.jpg
I love this art but I will never know what is going on with that lady.

Is it a jump kick or a sweep kick? Why is that bald dude so close to them? Why is her facial expression so nonchalant?

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely great news. The soundtrack for the first game its fantastic

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Nitpicky as it is, I noticed this line of text: "in combination with a 24bit/96kHz capture from a Japanese Model 1 Mega Drive console with VA1 motherboard"

While the early MD1 models did have way better audio output, unfortunately the earliest models (VA0-VA2) also had a problem where audio would start getting a bit distorted and crunchy during loud parts, so I hope they knew about that and accounted for it with the remastering. Generally the VA3/VA4/VA5 are recognised as the best since while their output is slightly muffled they don't have the distortion.

Anyway, still gonna buy the first two albums, hearing the original PC-88 audio files for half of the soundtrack is worth it alone.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nitpicky as it is, I noticed this line of text: "in combination with a 24bit/96kHz capture from a Japanese Model 1 Mega Drive console with VA1 motherboard"

While the early MD1 models did have way better audio output, unfortunately the earliest models (VA0-VA2) also had a problem where audio would start getting a bit distorted and crunchy during loud parts, so I hope they knew about that and accounted for it with the remastering. Generally the VA3/VA4/VA5 are recognised as the best since while their output is slightly muffled they don't have the distortion.

Anyway, still gonna buy the first two albums, hearing the original PC-88 audio files for half of the soundtrack is worth it alone.
It's Data Discs. They knew. Check the quality of their vinyl releases. Nobody does it better.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
It's Data Discs. They knew. Check the quality of their vinyl releases. Nobody does it better.
Yep, just noticed they used a VA5 system for recording two specific tracks on SoR2 - one of which I recall suffering from the VA0 audio (Back to the Industry). Good to hear they know their stuff, Yuzo Koshiro's music deserves only the best.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Already grabbed these on vinyl. They're beautiful. Appreciate the Spotify add though!

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
I love LOVE tracks from SOR1 and 2 so definitely will get these. No strong urge to get SOR3 tracks though...melody is a bit too haphazard for my liking.