• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I'd settle for Jill killing Wesker clone, if there is one.

For it to be the one useful lore tidbit Umbrella Corps bothered to add in, I'll honestly be disappointed if they don't do anything to follow up with the hooks involving the likely clone of Albert, or Alex taking up residency in Natalia's head.

Either way, I'm expecting those types of threads to be followed up in whatever RE series that ends up being the successor to the "action" formula.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome numbers for one of the best gaming franchises in history. Congrats Capcom.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I still wonder how things for the series would've went if MS got the Resident Evil exclusivity. They almost had it and botched it at the last minute.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Very well deserved. The most iconic horror game franchise.
Leon in Smash when?

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Before the Nintendo deal, they went to MS first. But Mikami was so mad about how unprofessional it was he left. The
It's kind of hard to say how RE would have done on Xbox. Far less visible in Japan but slightly more visible in the US, most likely. I don't see it really improving sales of the Xbox in either territory as it clearly wasn't a big draw to sell Gamecubes.

Let's face it... RE probably would have had the best fit on PS2 in that era.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hoping for RE8, Remake 3 and Outbreak. I think Outbreak is more viable in the present gaming landscape than Revelations 3 personally.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Guessing that Anpo (Revelations 2 director, RE5 director, RE2 Remake co-director), Kadoi (RE2 Remake co-director) and Nakanishi (Revelations 1 director, RE7 director) are the three directing RE3 Remake, new RE title and RE8. Must be that they're a big enough team now to split off into 3 like that.

Hoping for RE8, Remake 3 and Outbreak. I think Outbreak is more viable in the present gaming landscape than Revelations 3 personally.

Remake of Outbreak File 1 and 2 or a reboot of that concept? Just imagining those games in the RE Engine in new Raccoon City locations is extremely exciting.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guessing that Anpo (Revelations 2 director, RE5 director, RE2 Remake co-director), Kadoi (RE2 Remake co-director) and Nakanishi (Revelations 1 director, RE7 director) are the three directing RE3 Remake, new RE title and RE8. Must be that they're a big enough team now to split off into 3 like that.

Remake of Outbreak File 1 and 2 or a reboot of that concept? Just imagining those games in the RE Engine in new Raccoon City locations is extremely exciting.
I'd personally push for a reboot considering that many people who'd be playing the game now never played the prior Outbreak games, myself being one of them.

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
Glad for them and the brilliant success of RE2 Remake but they need to start thinking ahead on making the series relevant again the same way RE4 changed not only the franchise but gaming as well.

Dreathlock

Nov 3, 2017
This lets you realize what a juggernaut gta 5 is. It sold more than a whole very famous and good franchise for decades.

Oct 30, 2017
I can't believe RE is back after it lost its way... this is a dream comes true for me.

RE7 was really good and REmake 2 was the best RE game since 2002.