• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I expected the Lissons to be behind it all.

I did not expect Lyle and his crew to be just as bad of bumbling dumbfuck idiots as Jesse and his crew. Hilarious.

PS: Was it Amber with the rifle at the end? The hair...
Not likely, the "cycle ninjas" had long hair at several points during the season, visible beneath the helmets. There was always four of them, so I get why people may be thinking the snowmobiles were the Gemstones but that doesn't make sense practically.

They're selfish and spoiled but they're not cold blooded executioners- Martin hired the cyclists, likely with Eli's knowledge to some degree.

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
Just finished season 2 and damn what a show.

This is probably one of my favourite shows ever, full of extremely memorable characters and genuine laugh out load moments.

The wait for season 3 will be loooong.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Just wrapped up the last episode. Man this show is so good. Keefe has been the stand-out character that I've loved now for two seasons; he's so damn hilarious. The wait for season three of this and season two of Peacemaker is gonna suck but at least Out Flag Means Death just started, so I've got something else on HBO to watch besides Last Week Tonight. I need to go back and watch season two of Vice Principals though since I never finished it.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I should catch up to this.
Watched and liked S1, but can't remember most of it.

Oct 25, 2017
Bit disappointed with that final episode tbh but I don't know what I wanted so see you next season!
Same feelings here. Felt flat, but I also watched it on my phone. Have to stop doing that.

Also, uhh can we find out the dirt on Eli's wife? They implied it heavily.
McBride seems like the sort of guy to set up threads that last multiple seasons.

Season 3 was confirmed back in January.
And McBride has said this show could run for 6 or 7 seasons. Hard to imagine it'll reach 7 but he's got the structure for it and sees it as a sprawling epic where each season introduces new family members or plotlines. Season 3 could dig more into Aimee-Leigh's past more. The actor is available to them for as many flashbacks or hallucinations as they want, too.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah BJ is the best. Judy a close second (or maybe Baby Billie). No coincidence that one of the best episodes of the series so far and my favourite overall was the baptism episode.

righteous-gemstones-jesse-gemstone.gif

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
after they assaulted junior with the slings and they were running through the parking lot, victorious.. i was laughing so hard.

and eric roberts eating that roll at the restaurant table.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Binged through season 2 the last few days, was decent. Nothing amazing, a few funny moments and the second half of the season is a LOT stronger than the first. It really lacked punch though, they don't really make fun of the whole institution of $$ religion that much, and in many ways the Gemstones come across as pretty sympathetic while in season 1 I thought they really came off as pretty awful people. The whole murder-mystery stuff felt out of place in a comedy and kinda jammed in.

I guess if you liked season 1 may as well watch since its only 9 episodes, but I wouldn't really recommend the show to anyone. Instead, watch Vice Principals which features a lot of the same actors and is a lot funnier.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Binged through season 2 the last few days, was decent. Nothing amazing, a few funny moments and the second half of the season is a LOT stronger than the first. It really lacked punch though, they don't really make fun of the whole institution of $$ religion that much, and in many ways the Gemstones come across as pretty sympathetic while in season 1 I thought they really came off as pretty awful people. The whole murder-mystery stuff felt out of place in a comedy and kinda jammed in.

I guess if you liked season 1 may as well watch since its only 9 episodes, but I wouldn't really recommend the show to anyone. Instead, watch Vice Principals which features a lot of the same actors and is a lot funnier.

Everyone I know who has watched it enjoyed season 2 more than the first. BJs baptism in particular is one of the single best episodes of RG/VP/E&D.

Oct 26, 2017
The comedy/jokes in season 1 were better, and I liked the overall plot a lot more. The serious moments with Goodman season 2 is great though. Overall, I really liked season 2 until the finale, which felt rushed and fell flat.