• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
The century!

The list:

http://besttv.theringer.com/

the-constant.gif

What are your favorites of the century, and what do you think of the list?

KrigareN-

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Gave it a chance, was bombarded with reality TV show selections.

Edit: Izzie and Denny Duquette episode from Greys Anatomy made me weep like a baby. Seeing it on 11th redeemed the list.

Seeing Lost's "The Constant" @ #1 solidified it.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even agree that Ozymandias is the best Breaking Bad episode. I'd put the train episode (Dead Freight) and the cartel takedown (Salud) over it.

KrigareN-

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Did they include multiple entries from TV shows? Or are all the entries unique? Just skimmed through it.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love "The Constant" as much as anybody but it's not even the best episode of its own show. Also, this list is obviously meant to be "controversial" given the fact that half the list is reality TV shit.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Any list like this that includes a bunch of reality trash and excludes "Family Meeting" (The Shield) if fucking garbage in my eyes

Oct 28, 2017
California
They got #1 right.

Everything else though...

-No Office episodes in the top 10
-An O.C. episode in the top 10
-An episode of fucking Survivor in the top 10

Yeah not a fan of this list.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to read this article but it stutters like ass on mobile. Can someone spoil tag like the top 10 or 15?

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
OC pilot... LOLOLOLOLOL. Just so I got this straight, the OC pilot is better than any episode of Breaking Bad...

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
Ooooooh, of the century as in since 2001. I scrolled straight to the bottom without reading and had assumed it was of the last 100 years.

I was very confused by the lack of Simpsons/Star Trek/Seinfeld/etc...

Deleted member 42221

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Blink is too low

The fuck is a Keeping up with the Kardashians episode doing here

Yeah band geeks

YEAH MARCIA MARCIA MARCIA

Remedial chaos theory is good, but the paintball episodes are way better

Part 8 should be in the top 10

That's Too Much Man? I'm glad Bojack made it, but this isn't the episode 11 I'd pick.

Michael's Gambit had the most wild twist of any show in recent memory.

A rick and morty episode above any of bojack horseman? Fuck out of here.

Episode 6.30 is an icon. Never watched that show, but I know if it very well.

Interesting black mirror pick. It's no san junipero or the entire history of you, but it's good.

Ok that Oprah episode is amazing lol

Jersey shore..... fuck out of here. No words.

Ozymandius is the easiest lock for top 10. Duh.

Yep, THAT was a hell of a true detective episode.

The rains of Castamere was the peak of Game of thrones as an unironically good smart show.

Interesting pick for the number 1...

This list is pretty bad. So much bad reality TV. Some really good episodes way too low. Questionable episode choices for great shows.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
They could have just included Rome - The Spoils and the list would have been all right with me, or left out all that reality trash.

Oct 25, 2017
(it's The Ringer, something stupid from Lost is going to be number one)

A'yup.

Edit: (God, this list is bad. What happened to The Ringer? Whatever. Like, list is legit bad. Yikes)

Last edited:

Murfield

Oct 27, 2017
Can't see how you could a make a list without any episodes from 'The Simpsons'. I mean first 8 or 9 seasons were good enough to sustain 20 or so more of shit.

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Half of it was reality TV shit and only four animated episodes? What about Avatar The Last Airbender?

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Having reality is shows on there is an insult to the actors, directors, and screenwriters who dedicate their lives to telling stories.

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
The Constant was good, but Lost was already too far gone as a show by that point for it to be the greatest representative episode of the whole show. Pick an episode from Season 1 or 2.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Another "top TV" list by people who haven't seen The Shield.
I hate that I never did finish watching it.

I stopped watching it around mid season 4, not because it was bad, but because I started playing WoW and that consumed my life completely. That was 8 years ago, I feel like if I watched it now it would feel too dated. Also, I'm far too lazy to re-watch four seasons.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
They got #1 and #3 right. Ozymandias should have been #2. The Suitcase #4 and Survivor Season 1 Finale as #5

OP
OP
kevin1025

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017

I stopped watching it around mid season 4, not because it was bad, but because I started playing WoW and that consumed my life completely. That was 8 years ago, I feel like if I watched it now it would feel too dated. Also, I'm far too lazy to re-watch four seasons.

I jumped in a little later after watching earlier seasons. It definitely wasn't eight years in between, though, haha. But the later parts of the series are well worth watching, if someone can suggest a good starting point. Season four onward might be a good starting point, if you ever choose to start back up!

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
(CTRL+F Cowboy Bebop)

(None)

"Okay. Fair enough. They're only taking into account live-action television."

EDIT: I'm a dumbass

(CTRL+F Band of Brothers)

(None)

tumblr_owfhv7NPr11v1z098o1_500.gif

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I would have put Ozymandias higher than Survivor but I agree with the majority of it.

edit: I agree with the majority of episodes picked that is, not placement.

Last edited:

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Any TV list without Andy Greenwald or the GOAT Sepinwall= 0 fucks given, Ringer tries waaaay too hard sometimes. I miss Grantland.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
Scrolled down until I got to a Keeping up with the Kardashians episode and noped out of the list. Try again without reality TV garbage.

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

you HAVE TO watch it for Season 7. Without a doubt the best finale season (and series finale btw) of alltime (and imo better than the much lauded and still fantastic Season 5). It's ridiclious how good The Shield gets at the end and I am someone who was kinda "eh" on the first three seasons.

OP
OP
kevin1025

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
you HAVE TO watch it for Season 7. Without a doubt the best finale season (and series finale btw) of alltime (and imo better than the much lauded and still fantastic Season 5). It's ridiclious how good The Shield gets at the end and I am someone who was kinda "eh" on the first three seasons.

Yep, finale season for the ages!

Deleted member 11421

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't see how you could a make a list without any episodes from 'The Simpsons'. I mean first 8 or 9 seasons were good enough to sustain 20 or so more of shit.

I'd say this list begins (2001 timewise?) right around where there's no need to watch the show anymore. Many would say before that, but I still enjoyed the overdone celebrity guest format the first couple of years they were doing it.