• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Luke Skywalker Unites with Lor San Tekka and Ben Solo in 'Star Wars: The Rise of Kylo Ren'

stwrisekylo2019002006_col.jpg

stwrisekylo2019002011_col.jpg

stwrisekylo2019002011_col.jpg

stwrisekylo2019002013_col.jpg

With the new Jedi school in ruins and fellow students hot on his trail for the presumed murder of their master, Ben Solo flees to the only friend he has left in the galaxy...a man named Snoke. But Snoke has plans for Ben...and ideas about the Force that are as dangerous as they are intriguing for the troubled young Jedi. If Ben wishes to be truly free...the answers might lie with the dark side. And with the Knights of Ren! But it won't be the first time he's tangled with the Knights.

In the past, Jedi Master Luke Skywalker journeys to the Unknown Regions and brings young Ben along for the mission...

Oct 27, 2017
With the new Jedi school in ruins and fellow students hot on his trail for the presumed murder of their master, Ben Solo flees to the only friend he has left in the galaxy...a man named Snoke.

Lol wut
So maybe this was explained in the first one, but why is this the case??

Also this artist seems to have 2 faces for Luke and that's it

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait... how old are the Knights of Ren if they were adults like twenty years before The Force Awakens? I guess they could change members over time or something but until now it seemed like they were a specific group of dark side warriors that Ben was put in charge of.

If they're already adults ten years after the fall of the Empire, they'd have obviously been around before it fell.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Lol wut
So maybe this was explained in the first one, but why is this the case??
The Last Jedi novel (and possibly the TFA one, I can't remember for sure) say that Snoke has been in some form of contact with Ben through the Force for a really long time. He basically was grooming him through a Force bond from systems away since Ben was a child

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Wait... how old are the Knights of Ren if they were adults like twenty years before The Force Awakens? I guess they could change members over time or something but until now it seemed like they were a specific group of dark side warriors that Ben was put in charge of.

If they're already adults ten years after the fall of the Empire, they'd have obviously been around before it fell.

They were probably recruited as adults and that guy up top is their first leader. That's my guess.

So the Knights predate Kylo? Was this known?

It was known.

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
One of the things that I'm glad about is that now we know when Luke first established his Jedi Order.

He started at least around 12 years after the Battle of Endor.

And Ben was with Luke's Jedi for a decade as his apprentice.

You could build a really good tv show out of Ben and Luke going on adventures together. There's a lot of potential here.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always assumed that Ben was an adult when Luke took him.

An actual timeline of events would be nice. We know Ben was 29 in The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi but we have literally no idea about when anything happened.

Like when did Luke first begin to train him? How long was Luke's Jedi Order even in action for? How many years before The Force Awakens did Ben destroy it?

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
So are the Knights of Ren just another dark side sect similar to the Nightsisters? I suppose that makes some sense. This makes Kylo Ren more similar to ASAJJ ventures than Darth Vader in that hes a DARK jedi being used by a Sith Lord.

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
An actual timeline of events would be nice. We know Ben was 29 in The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi but we have literally no idea about when anything happened.

Like when did Luke first begin to train him? How long was Luke's Jedi Order even in action for? How many years before The Force Awakens did Ben destroy it?

He turned 6 years before TFA. So he was 23 when he defected.

He looks 12 here and Leia talked about how they sent Ben to Luke when he was just starting a Jedi Academy so Luke's Order can''t be much older than when Ben joined.

This also means that Ben felt abandoned by his parents at a pre-adolescent age.

Maybe Ben was like the Rainmaker as a kid or something from Looper.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of the things that I'm glad about is that now we know when Luke first established his Jedi Order.

He started at least around 12 years after the Battle of Endor.

And Ben was with Luke's Jedi for a decade as his apprentice.

You could build a really good tv show out of Ben and Luke going on adventures together. There's a lot of potential here.

No way Lucasfilm will risk recasting Luke after the Solo bomb.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would you want a live action Luke and Ben movie when you could have a Filoni-directed animated series for Disney+ with Mark as Luke?

Status
Not open for further replies.