• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
And whole lot more. During the middle of the trilogy you have an opportune time to explore elements like Knights of Ren, "These are your first steps" lightsaber vision, more info on how First Order got as dominant as it did (still no explanation, unlike the Empire or Republic), but instead that was used on a shitty Canto Bight sequence.
Not only that but took place seconds after the last film and lasted what? 3 day's at best. A epilogue to TFA instead of a new film, except it was a totally different tone which made it super jarring.

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
JJ killed star trek and now he's going for star wars
king
How come? We may not like Into Darkness, but it was thanks to JJ that Star Trek returned after Paramount killed it with Nemesis. And say what you want, but Star Trek 2009 is a solid good movie.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Stop talking about filmmaking.

lol, how did I miss this? I'll talk about film making as much as I like. It's both a passion and an actual career for me. How is yours going?

And unlike yourself, I don't pretend to be a fount of knowledge and moral arbiter on all things.

I know it must be a sad feeling, seeing a film you've stanned so hard for being tossed aside. But that's life. Stop taking this shit so seriously. Maybe you should go back to stanning Ubisoft games.

But hey, lets be happy, it will make billions for daddy Disney. And we can all shine in that reflected glory.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Phasma was already a joke in TFA.
Luke is a Jedi so killing him ultimately means he can still do some shit so he still can have huge presence.
Resistance was always supposed to be a small military group, rather than the army side of New Republic. Starkiller Base destroying New Republic was to ensure that.
Ben is SUPPOSED to be the main antogonist of this trilogy, movie gave him a decent arc to solidify his position as a villain.
Romantic tension between Finn and Rey was never seemed to be a thing since Rey never showed any interest at him romantically etc.
Is he? He lost in the first movie and looked like a jobber in the second. Is that how you build a main villain for three movies?

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Everyone saying KK should be fired, she is probably about to have another billion dollar film under her belt as well. It's a mis-step. Shit happens. DC is JUST now finding their own footing after two massive ones.

Disney has made their money back and then some. I doubt Iger is sitting outside her office with security guards.
How many missteps is she supposed to get?

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
If anyone is blaming TLJ for this they're being absolutely ridicilious.
Apart from Snoke and Rey's parentage TLJ did not close any plot points from TFA and left A LOT to explore.

no, it didn't. It was going to be just the lst battle of rey against kylo.
Last jedi was supposed to be a path to the final chapter. RJ didn't respect that.

the problem is that they didn't have a drawing for the complete story. RJ was not culprit, but KK was and is culprit for this terrible trilogy.

I won't watch it on the cinema. Soon it'll be another movie at disney plus. I hope this trilogy won't destroy people good will with Star Wars.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey, don't give other people the pleasure of sad facing your opinion. Solo was good. People were way too full of shit complaining about the actor shoeing in for Ford, when it turned out he was one of the best things about the movie! Even Glover overdid his character and became worse over time, but no one ever saw that shit coming.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone saying KK should be fired, she is probably about to have another billion dollar film under her belt as well. It's a mis-step. Shit happens. DC is JUST now finding their own footing after two massive ones.

Disney has made their money back and then some. I doubt Iger is sitting outside her office with security guards.

There's more to it than that. Looking at the trajectory of the movies, comparing it to the MCU, multiple movies changing director mid-production. As much as they're making they'll make changes if they stand to make more.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
lol, how did I miss this? I'll talk about film making as much as I like. It's both a passion and an actual career for me. How is yours going?

And unlike yourself, I don't pretend to be a fount of knowledge and moral arbiter on all things.

I know it must be a sad feeling, seeing a film you've stanned so hard for being tossed aside. But that's life. Stop taking this shit so seriously. Maybe you should go back to stanning Ubisoft games.

But hey, lets be happy, it will make billions for daddy Disney. And we can all shine in that reflected glory.
this was brewing for so long taking it out should have felt like relief

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If five years someone told you the last star wars film of the ST would have a lower RT score than some of the prequels, what would you say?

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Why? These movies are entertaining and millions of people enjoy them. Some of the hyperbole on Era is insufferable. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

The irony is you're spouting this hyperbole without having even seen the movie.
oh i'll see it and attempt to enjoy it as much as possible. I am mostly fatigued by that latter point; the hyperbolic discourse that lets all the air out of the figurative star wars balloon.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rogue One will end up being the best disney SW movie. Gareth Edwards was the true MVP.

Plum

May 31, 2018
He also complains that storm troopers aren't a threat before that... Like, has he ever seen a Star War?

He refers to a scene in which the main characters are just running through a corridor insta-killing all the troopers in their way. AFAIK that doesn't happen in the OT or the ST so far.

I mean maybe trust the guy who's seen the film instead of trying to go all "he's not a true Star Wars fan," to discredit his by-default much-more-credible opinion on the movie.