• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
If he does nothing else in the Star Wars universe J.J. Abrams should at least use his connections to get Yoji Shinkawa hired as the lead visual designer of the Rian Johnson trilogy.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think he set up solutions to those mystery boxes because those questions were never going to be answered in his movie. Unless the argument is that he was so arrogant that he plotted out an entire trilogy he was only writing the prologue of so that he could whine about the fact other writers didn't use his ideas?
Yes, it must be arrogance. Couldn't possibly have been him being helpful to the future directors.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
He gave his life, while still adhering to the Jedi philosophy, to inspire the resistance. That's now cowardly.

Yes but I fundamentally disagree that he we would run (while leaving a map in case some shit happens, yet when some shit does happen he decides not to help until Yoda sets him straight).

My whole point being, show us Luke's character change, not tell. We DO get to see Luke's change back into his form to sacrifice himself, yes, but not how he got to be so withdrawn.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Little Women and 1917 are looking to be really good.

I never doubted Little Women or Cats were going to be great. My December, and my decade, were always going to end on a good note regardless of what this series tried. I'm just glad the fanbase that harassed so many to get to this point got what they deserved in the end: a film worse than the masterpiece they just spent two years tearing down, out at the same time its director has another masterpiece out that's universally loved

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I never doubted Little Women or Cats were going to be great. My December, and my decade, were always going to end on a good note regardless of what this series tried. I'm just glad the fanbase that harassed so many to get to this point got what they deserved in the end: a film worse than the masterpiece they just spent two years tearing down, out at the same time its director has another masterpiece out that's universally loved
Why would you be happy that the last movie is bad? Because JJ directed it?

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
HOLY FUCKING SHIT... when more people find out about the *POPULAR VIDEO GAME* connection the internet will burn.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
God Christmas Eve is looking like such a bummer. A shitty Star Wars movie, some right-wing Clint Eastwood bullshit, or a movie where Fox propagandists are portrayed as the heroes.
c03419962834209279fc0a9dbdad2711e2171468.jpg

Yesterday

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whats wrong with you? Are you alright?

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Who's idea was it to bring in Chris Terrio. I immediately knew it was going to be garbage when I saw his name attached to this.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
BTW the Fortnite event from last week is the real start of the movie...

I just saw that on YT (after I just saw the movie). What the living fuck?

Just saw it:
Got to let this one sink for a bit.

Random thing I do want to throw out. Is it me or did the lightsabers look a lot worse than in previous movies? Especially compared to ST ones. Looked really washed out and almost 'glitchy' when they did fancy moves.

Ooopsklo

Banned
Aug 20, 2019
Feels kinda dickish

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
My god all sides of this fandom are toxic as fuck.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Anyway between all the hating...

Watching episode 8 passively right now, since friends put it on (Disney+). Man this movie is so good... possibly my favourite. Only thing that is still hilarious is Leia floating in space.

JJ reintroduced SW. Rian evolved it. Really hyped for tomorrow and see how the trilogy unfolds.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
My perfect Star Wars team moving forward would be:
Overall Plot/Story/Writing: Dave Filoni
Director: Dave Filoni or Rian Johnson or Jon Favreau (haven't watched Mandalorian but apparently it's pretty good)
(Some) New concepts/suggestions: George Lucas

Make sure JJ never comes back.

Oct 29, 2017
Anyway between all the hating...

Watching episode 8 passively right now, since friends put it on (Disney+). Man this movie is so good... possibly my favourite. Only thing that is still hilarious is Leia floating in space.

JJ reintroduced SW. Rian evolved it. Really hyped for tomorrow and see how the trilogy unfolds.

Whaaaat? I looked for TLJ on D+ a few days ago and it wasn't there. Did they just add it?