• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also a reminder that Pokemon had a lot of negativity around it too before launch but most of it evaporated when people actually got thier hands on it and got...Pokemon. Sometimes 'official' critical scores don't matter much.

Pokemon received largely positive reviews and is selling like wildfire, indicating both critical and popular approval.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If that was the case the TFA wouldn't have gotten the scores it did.

That film is a 65% at best but critics fell for the hype hard. Thankfully people will go back and retroactively realize what a mediocre film it was after this.

The real answer is that Marvel films are actually GOOD
Did they fall for the TLJ hype as well? Or were they being genuine there?

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
For people who were wondering why TFA wasn't criticised in the same way as this movie, at least TFA was a decent movie with a decent plot and good character building.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
God Christmas Eve is looking like such a bummer. A shitty Star Wars movie, some right-wing Clint Eastwood bullshit, or a movie where Fox propagandists are portrayed as the heroes.
13uncut-1-articleLarge.jpg

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
This Jeremy Jahns review is pretty good. He's not a neo nazi, animal abuser or anything right? Can I watch his channel without inevitably becoming disappointed by the host? The guy wrapped up his non-spoiler feelings pretty well.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not going to prop up the movie by any means, but I really enjoy dooku feeling out obi-wan. I really appreciate that his line of thinking mirrors that of Anakin and even Kylo. Typically the middle of a trilogy should be a loss or setback for the good guys, I appreciate that the Jedi losses in Attack of the Clones aren't entirely obvious.

Yeah, all the ingredients were there, under a better director the prequels could've been special.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's really hard to imagine that he would want to outline where he thought his ideas were heading? Enough to write short outlines of the plan?
People complain all the time about his mystery boxes, but now you're saying that it's unbelievable to imagine he would have written up explanatory outlines of what those mystery boxes would end up as? Your argument is that he would have refused to comment on the future movies that he was literally setting up with his film?

I don't think he set up solutions to those mystery boxes because those questions were never going to be answered in his movie. Unless the argument is that he was so arrogant that he plotted out an entire trilogy he was only writing the prologue of so that he could whine about the fact other writers didn't use his ideas?

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User banned (1 week): posting major spoilers with no description in a non-spoiler thread
[mod edit: spoilers removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This Jeremy Jahns review is pretty good. He's not a neo nazi, animal abuser or anything right? Can I watch his channel without inevitably becoming disappointed by the host? The guy wrapped up his non-spoiler feelings pretty well.
Been watching his videos for a few years now. He seems like a good guy, I enjoy his reviews.

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
i liked the prequels, warts and all.

i also liked both TFA and TLJ even though they had a few things i found weird.

i wonder how it will go for me. got my ticket preordered days ago and the movie coming up in 7 hours.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
I am still excited to see this tomorrow, even if my expectations are tempered.

Then again, I really love the First Transformers film, so maybe this thing is right in my wheel house.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
WTF, I read one of the spoilers.
[mod edit: spoilers removed]

Yes and that's not even the most ridiculous thing in the movie. It also kind of conflicts with the end scene which would have worked better with the previous assumption. The whole plot is like taken from headcannon posts on Reddit.

Last edited by a moderator: