• The ResetEra Games of the Year Awards 2018 results are now live! Congratulations to all the winners!
  • Sidebar and Width settings will now no longer reset after 4 hours of inactivity! We have implemented a new system that will remember these preferences on each browser, for both members and guests. This allows you to choose different settings on different devices if you so desire.

The Road to Avengers: Endgame |OT| "There was no other way."

Nov 22, 2018
if I'm not missing something, you can place both Guardian movies practically anywhere between Thor: 2 (the reality stone given to the Collector) or maybe even Avengers 1(introduction of Thanos) and Infinity War ('running into' Thor) since they are unconnected to everything happening on earth.
Ah okay, this is perfect. I'll watch them back to back then.

denx

Oct 27, 2017
I like your order - interesting you put the two guardians films together. I've only seen Guardians 2 once, so i can't really remember, but putting it in the watching order there, does it have any effect on the timeline or does it stand alone in it's own right?
Guardians 1 takes place in 2014 and Guardians 2 takes place 2 to 3 months after the events of the first Guardians. That's why I have them both together and before Age of Ultron.

Nov 22, 2018
Guardians 1 takes place in 2014 and Guardians 2 takes place 2 to 3 months after the events of the first Guardians. That's why I have them both together and before Age of Ultron.
Ah, Fair enough. That makes sense.

Bit ahead of the game but we watched The Avengers last night - has it's funny moments but don't think it's aged too well when compared with the newer ones. Still a good movie, but boy does Cap look goofy.

Phase One for Me:
Cap 1
The Avengers
Iron Man
Thor
Iron Man 2
Hulk

Phase One for the Wife:
Thor
Cap 1
Iron Man 1
The Avengers
Iron man 2
Hulk.

I'm really enjoying watching these with her on her first watch throughs, the reactions are great haha.

Oct 27, 2017
So, i know this isn't strictly Endgame talk, but i was thinking about the best way to intergrate X-Men into the MCU.

It would be interesting if the mutant gene became active in a big way post-Endgame (and maybe because of shenanigans). This creates a whole new Earth-bound threat for our heroes: suddenly, people with unchecked (and uncontrolled) powers start popping up everywhere.

This could create a ton of conflicts and give the filmmakers a lot of new themes to explore as our Heroes try and cope with the new world chaos.

The biggest issue with intergrating the X-Men in the MCU is the question: "where were these guys when shit was going down and Earth needed help?" I suggest that infinity stone shenanigans could fix this and usher in the next phase of the MCU.

Although I am aware that Galactus is assumed to be the next big MCU threat.

OP
OP
jon bones

jon bones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
OK here we are full steam ahead - The Avengers is on tonight. Already looking forward to ScarJo & Ruffalo's opening scene in India together - love that bit.

Oct 25, 2017
Saw Ant-Man and the Wasp the other day again, and liked it more this time around, since I knew of the techno-babble and could put it aside while enjoying all the other stuff. Like the endearing family dynamics, the fun music and action, and Wasp's awesome fights. I also liked the distraction Ant-Man did with Ghost, as he had learned from doing magic tricks, I didn't catch that in the cinema.

Will watch Black Panther with the family next week, and then rewatch Infinity War as my bro-in-law haven't seen it, and he wants to join us for Endgame this April. Planning on rewatching different movies here and there without any structure or a plan.

Nov 22, 2018
Watched Iron Man 3, and Thor The Dark World over the weekend, before watching The Winter Soldier tonight and then taking a weeks break.

Iron Man 3 was great and really enjoyed the humour and the character development of Stark in this film, it's a shame he hasn't had another film to really expand on the PTSD etc.

Thor The Dark World i really disliked when i saw it in the cinema and viewed again upon Home Release, however, i really, really enjoyed it last night. i don't know whether it's because i like his character more now, post-ragnarok, or what, but the film zipped along with great pace and the Loki/Thor dynamic is so brilliant, especially when they steal the Dark Elves ship. Terrific!

So, so, so buzzing about watching TWS again. By far, my favourite MCU film.