• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
6F06F479-5D93-4999-9F03-B32A91537848.jpeg

The follow up to my first thread: The Road to Infinity War |OT| "We'll lose." - "Then we'll do that together too."

It's time to reset the clock, and start anew.

Starting a week from today, we'll be watching one MCU film a week until the release of Avengers 4. There will be complications with Captain Marvel, as there were with the home release of Black Panther, but what can you do.

Iron Man - 12/07/2018
The Incredible Hulk - 12/14/2018
Iron Man 2 - 12/21/2018
Thor - 12/28/2018
Captain America: The First Avenger - 01/04/2019
The Avengers - 01/11/2019

MV5BNDYxNjQyMjAtNTdiOS00NGYwLWFmNTAtNThmYjU5ZGI2YTI1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure I'll be following these strictly, since I already rewatch them so many times a year. I do know I'll get a family member into a few of them which will hopefully be a good time. Can probably only get her through about 6 of them before Avengers 4. Still figuring out which ones. Cause if A4 visits past moments I would like her to witness those. So maybe Iron Man 1 for the beginning. Captain America: The First Avenger. The Avengers. Age of Ultron. Guardians of the Galaxy. And Ant-Man. Need to think it through some other day.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Why not, was fun last time and just bought a couple of missing films on Black Friday anyway.

Last edited:

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
My order

Iron Man
Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America
Avengers
Iron Man 3
Thor Dark World
Captain America Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1
Avengers Age of Ultron
Ant-Man
Captain America Civil War
Doctor Strange
Spider-Man Homecoming
Black Panther
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Thor Ragnarok
Avengers Infinity War
Ant-Man & The Wasp
Captain Marvel (Cinema release)

I like to keep the last two Cosmic Marvel movies together and it feels better going from Thor Ragnarok to Infinity War. Having Infinity war coming after Black Panther feels weird.

Last edited:

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in. I didn't follow the schedule here last year, but I gave myself 2 months before release to watch them all.

Prepare for passionate defense of Thor 1 when we get there.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Beside iron Man 1 I can't enjoy rewatching any of the MCU movies it seems :/

Always get bored and fall asleep if I'm ever rewatching these movies. I loved infinity war and Ragnarok the first time, tried rewatching them a month ago and yeah I just couldn't do it. Ended up looking at Twitter instead

Btw when is the trailer coming .??!!!

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yep, I got this all loaded up in Apple Notes so I can check each movie off as the weeks go by.

Did this last year too. Luckily if Black Panther is anything go to by, Captain Marvel will still be in theaters for the weekend before A4

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Have been thinking of making this for a while. Friends and I are rewatching and we're post avengers already. We started early as we knew holidays would screw everything up.

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I've actually been watching two per month with a friend group for a bit... we're on Civil War currently (watching in release order) so I guess I will overlap with this thread... in late March?

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
binged the previous Road just before Infinity War in three evenings, one phase at a time. It was glorious :D Buuut i think this is so soon that i will just rewatch Infinity War on the previous weekend before the premiere.

LucidMomentum

Nov 18, 2017
My order

Iron Man
Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America
Avengers
Iron Man 3
Thor Dark World
Avengers Age of Ultron
Ant-Man
Doctor Strange
Spider-Man Homecoming
Black Panther
Thor Ragnarok
Avengers Infinity War
Ant-Man & The Wasp

I like to keep the last two Cosmic Marvel movies together and it feels better going from Thor Ragnarok to Infinity War. Having Infinity war coming after Black Panther feels weird.

Where's GotG Vol. 1?

I like this order but I feel you can put Thor and Captain America before Iron Man 2. But that's just me.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Where's GotG Vol. 1?

I like this order but I feel you can put Thor and Captain America before Iron Man 2. But that's just me.

I knew I forgot something. It should be after Winter Soldier.

Yeah you could it's all up to you really. Some like the watch Captain America The First Avenger before Iron Man but I like to have it before Avengers because of all the Tesseract activity, weird that it goes missing for 4 movies then appears in Avengers again.

I have Thor after Iron Man 2 because Coulson goes to New Mexico during the time of the Iron Man 2 events and arrives with the after credits stinger.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My order

Iron Man
Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America
Avengers
Iron Man 3
Thor Dark World
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1
Avengers Age of Ultron
Ant-Man
Doctor Strange
Spider-Man Homecoming
Black Panther
Thor Ragnarok
Avengers Infinity War
Ant-Man & The Wasp

You know this actually makes sense. Literally out of all the movies, Thor Rag connects to Infinity War.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
So my family member wanna watch 3 movies before Avengers 4, so I gotta figure out which will be most relevant to it. I'm thinking if A4 does what we expect it does, it'll be cool to have watched certain films beforehand. Kind of thinking of Captain America: The First Avenger, The Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
You know this actually makes sense. Literally out of all the movies, Thor Rag connects to Infinity War.

Thanks, Guardians Vol 2, Spidey and Doctor Strange's locations are hard to put into place in the timeline so I hope that's good enough.
Ant & Wasp after Infinity War because (I haven't seen it yet) but don't certain characters get dusted or disappear? Seeing that before Infinity War would be confusing.

Then again you could just wonder what happened to them, then watch IW and be like ooooh.

OP
OP
jon bones

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
i dont know if its my new baby daughter or what but i am most excited for ant-man , civil war , ant-man and the wasp trio

Tugatrix

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Guys I just woke up and dreamed with the movie and I got the basic set up:

The world is a very bleak place, the president of the united states is living on a bunker dealing with a civil war that rages across the globe against people that defend what Thanos did. Rocket, Banner are with the president and make up his protection and advice unit. They receive a message from Tony Stark on Titan, he has a plan. But the President need help and so he calls a meeting with the president of Russia and that meeting is set to be on the white house that now is abandoned and almost in rumble.

Cut to the meeting, The presidents arrive with their teams and sit up to discuss stark plan to revert Rapture Thanos, first they need to get him out of Titan and Stark send them a plan for a spaceship he was working on, based on chitauri tech. Thanonites start to attack the meeting and rocket goes to fight with them. Cut to Cap he is now with a kind of x-men, with some kids with powers and Helen Mirren as a kind of professor X but with hair. Cap sees the commotion in the white house, because he is near and is in conflicted not to step up and intervene, all because Hellen Mirren character is saying to him that is not his fight and all.

Cut to Rocket, he is in trouble and president of Russia reveals that one of his advisers has powers, his feet are like monkey feet only with claws that cut through everything and he send him to help Rocket, He is actually pretty cool he goes through Thanonites like butter. Cap goes about and sees something that make him believe that his friends are in the white house, he pauses and cut. The fight goes on and Russian guy and Rocket can't handle the shit going on, dramatic enter Cap arrives in the white house with his arms shields and starts to kick-ass and lead rocket and the russian guy.

And then I woke up.

theBmZ

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Guys I just woke up and dreamed with the movie and I got the basic set up:

The world is a very bleak place, the president of the united states is living on a bunker dealing with a civil war that rages across the globe against people that defend what Thanos did. Rocket, Banner are with the president and make up his protection and advice unit. They receive a message from Tony Stark on Titan, he has a plan. But the President need help and so he calls a meeting with the president of Russia and that meeting is set to be on the white house that now is abandoned and almost in rumble.

Cut to the meeting, The presidents arrive with their teams and sit up to discuss stark plan to revert Rapture Thanos, first they need to get him out of Titan and Stark send them a plan for a spaceship he was working on, based on chitauri tech. Thanonites start to attack the meeting and rocket goes to fight with them. Cut to Cap he is now with a kind of x-men, with some kids with powers and Helen Mirren as a kind of professor X but with hair. Cap sees the commotion in the white house, because he is near and is in conflicted not to step up and intervene, all because Hellen Mirren character is saying to him that is not his fight and all.

Cut to Rocket, he is in trouble and president of Russia reveals that one of his advisers has powers, his feet are like monkey feet only with claws that cut through everything and he send him to help Rocket, He is actually pretty cool he goes through Thanonites like butter. Cap goes about and sees something that make him believe that his friends are in the white house, he pauses and cut. The fight goes on and Russian guy and Rocket can't handle the shit going on, dramatic enter Cap arrives in the white house with his arms shields and starts to kick-ass and lead rocket and the russian guy.

And then I woke up.
My god. It's almost too perfect.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, it's Iron Man 1 weekend, right?

Suck that it can't be rented on Amazon Prime right now.

Thugnificent

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Hmm... I might join in. I've only watched Hulk and The First Avenger once back when it came out in theaters.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
6F06F479-5D93-4999-9F03-B32A91537848.jpeg

The follow up to my first thread: The Road to Infinity War |OT| "We'll lose." - "Then we'll do that together too."

It's time to reset the clock, and start anew.

Starting a week from today, we'll be watching one MCU film a week until the release of Avengers 4. There will be complications with Captain Marvel, as there were with the home release of Black Panther, but what can you do.

I'll work to edit the OP into something a bit more expansive, but I wanted to give a heads up and get the ball rolling!

Iron Man - 12/07/2018

Iron_Man_artposter.jpg
OP you still planning on updating this? I have really enjoyed this so far, I used your last one for reference and watched The Incredible Hulk last night, I forgot how much I disliked that one. lol

godofcookery

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Waited till the last minute to watch Iron Man again. Decided that I'd try to be a part of this journey.

What a different vibe then the subsequent films. I really love the improv/ ad libbed dialogue. One of my favorite aspects of this movie and it gives the dialogue a nice pace that makes the movie sound different than most movies, let alone most superhero films. Season 1 of Alphas did something similar, so its nice to see that style take center stage. As is usually noted the suit does look great in this movie and has a nice heft and powerful feel. The score let me down when I watched it back in the day, and though I can recognize the main theme more than i could back then, I still feel like its one of the weaker elements of this movie. I appreciate the tech/ rock vibe Djawadi is going for but i don't think it gels into something recognizable.

OP
OP
jon bones

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I still 100% think something is up with Thunderbolt Ross.

Anyway, on to Movie #3! Black Widow & War Machine's introduction.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh my, we're doing this again? I'm a bit late but I'm sure I can catch up quick. I skipped Hulk the fist time but I think I'll watch it this time around.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Perfect! I need to get my wife through them all before Captain Marvel. She has seen Iron Man 1-3(because, well RDJ) and seen the Avengers but nothing else. The timeline should be fun, haha.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I think I may jump on this one, I didn't do a rewatch before Infinity War it this seems like the perfect time. I haven't seen TIH in as many years it's been since it's released and i think it'l be pretty tough to see someone who isn't Ruffalo play Banner now but... I'll do it... for science!

OP
OP
jon bones

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Iron Man X War Machine vs. Hammer Drones is still a dope fight.

I have the biggest celebrity crush on
Johannsen.

Coulson is charming from his early apperances.

Overall, IM2 is underrated

I think I may jump on this one, I didn't do a rewatch before Infinity War it this seems like the perfect time. I haven't seen TIH in as many years it's been since it's released and i think it'l be pretty tough to see someone who isn't Ruffalo play Banner now but... I'll do it... for science!

Do it for the Skrull who is in the whole movie!!