• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
if I'm not missing something, you can place both Guardian movies practically anywhere between Thor: 2 (the reality stone given to the Collector) or maybe even Avengers 1(introduction of Thanos) and Infinity War ('running into' Thor) since they are unconnected to everything happening on earth.
Ah okay, this is perfect. I'll watch them back to back then.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I like your order - interesting you put the two guardians films together. I've only seen Guardians 2 once, so i can't really remember, but putting it in the watching order there, does it have any effect on the timeline or does it stand alone in it's own right?
Guardians 1 takes place in 2014 and Guardians 2 takes place 2 to 3 months after the events of the first Guardians. That's why I have them both together and before Age of Ultron.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Guardians 1 takes place in 2014 and Guardians 2 takes place 2 to 3 months after the events of the first Guardians. That's why I have them both together and before Age of Ultron.
Ah, Fair enough. That makes sense.

Bit ahead of the game but we watched The Avengers last night - has it's funny moments but don't think it's aged too well when compared with the newer ones. Still a good movie, but boy does Cap look goofy.

Phase One for Me:
Cap 1
The Avengers
Iron Man
Thor
Iron Man 2
Hulk

Phase One for the Wife:
Thor
Cap 1
Iron Man 1
The Avengers
Iron man 2
Hulk.

I'm really enjoying watching these with her on her first watch throughs, the reactions are great haha.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, i know this isn't strictly Endgame talk, but i was thinking about the best way to intergrate X-Men into the MCU.

It would be interesting if the mutant gene became active in a big way post-Endgame (and maybe because of shenanigans). This creates a whole new Earth-bound threat for our heroes: suddenly, people with unchecked (and uncontrolled) powers start popping up everywhere.

This could create a ton of conflicts and give the filmmakers a lot of new themes to explore as our Heroes try and cope with the new world chaos.

The biggest issue with intergrating the X-Men in the MCU is the question: "where were these guys when shit was going down and Earth needed help?" I suggest that infinity stone shenanigans could fix this and usher in the next phase of the MCU.

Although I am aware that Galactus is assumed to be the next big MCU threat.

OP
OP
jon bones

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
OK here we are full steam ahead - The Avengers is on tonight. Already looking forward to ScarJo & Ruffalo's opening scene in India together - love that bit.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Saw Ant-Man and the Wasp the other day again, and liked it more this time around, since I knew of the techno-babble and could put it aside while enjoying all the other stuff. Like the endearing family dynamics, the fun music and action, and Wasp's awesome fights. I also liked the distraction Ant-Man did with Ghost, as he had learned from doing magic tricks, I didn't catch that in the cinema.

Will watch Black Panther with the family next week, and then rewatch Infinity War as my bro-in-law haven't seen it, and he wants to join us for Endgame this April. Planning on rewatching different movies here and there without any structure or a plan.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Watched Iron Man 3, and Thor The Dark World over the weekend, before watching The Winter Soldier tonight and then taking a weeks break.

Iron Man 3 was great and really enjoyed the humour and the character development of Stark in this film, it's a shame he hasn't had another film to really expand on the PTSD etc.

Thor The Dark World i really disliked when i saw it in the cinema and viewed again upon Home Release, however, i really, really enjoyed it last night. i don't know whether it's because i like his character more now, post-ragnarok, or what, but the film zipped along with great pace and the Loki/Thor dynamic is so brilliant, especially when they steal the Dark Elves ship. Terrific!

So, so, so buzzing about watching TWS again. By far, my favourite MCU film.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Avengers is still good. I forgot how long the carrier stuff was, though.

Iron Man 3 is such an important film in the MCU. Tony finally understanding Iron Man isn't the suit. I enjoy Iron Man 3 a lot more than 2.

Deleted member 52407

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 23, 2019
"The hero needs to win every time, but the villain only needs to win once"

What if the villain won twice, though?

So my question is do you think the Rusos have the balls to make Thanos win twice? Here me out: Dr. Strange was able to look at 14,000,605 outcomes, only one of which they win but Thanos has the same ability to look into the future to see what existential threats await him, and if there are any threats big enough, he can simply change their reality with the stone. He can see their once chance and negate it.

We see Thanos change The Guardian's reality on Nowhere when they came to kill him and he even remarked, "Reality is oftentimes disappointing. Now reality can be whatever I want." What if Thanos is able to see the scheme that The Avengers is plotting and he simply changes their reality to make them think they won to bring them (and the rest of the universe) a sense of closure, but at the end of Endgame Thanos "pull an Inception." Thanos realizes the psychological trauma that half the universe's disappearance has caused the remaining half and the instability this created and simply allows the remaining Avengers to fake beat him.

That is why in Far From Home, everyone looked unfazed by the events in Infinity War. It's because they're all living in a hologram replete with foes.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So my question is do you think the Rusos have the balls to make Thanos win twice? Here me out: Dr. Strange was able to look at 14,000,605 outcomes, only one of which they win but Thanos has the same ability to look into the future to see what existential threats await him, and if there are any threats big enough, he can simply change their reality with the stone. He can see their once chance and negate it.

We see Thanos change The Guardian's reality on Nowhere when they came to kill him and he even remarked, "Reality is oftentimes disappointing. Now reality can be whatever I want." What if Thanos is able to see the scheme that The Avengers is plotting and he simply changes their reality to make them think they won to bring them (and the rest of the universe) a sense of closure, but at the end of Endgame Thanos "pull an Inception." Thanos realizes the psychological trauma that half the universe's disappearance has caused the remaining half and the instability this created and simply allows the remaining Avengers to fake beat him.

That is why in Far From Home, everyone looked unfazed by the events in Infinity War. It's because they're all living in a hologram replete with foes.

I'm leaning towards "Thanos isn't actually thinking that far ahead". His entire plan for universal salvation was predicated on wiping out half of all life in it, but believing that would have any long term impact is naive.

That and, I s'pose if time travel is involved, it's less about seeing potential futures and more about seeing how the past might be changed, which we don't actually know if the Time Gem can show.

Also also, people have theorised that Strange fiddled with the Time Gem somehow. What if he took away its ability to see the future? If anyone could do it, he could, and it might not be something Thanos can undo.

Deleted member 52407

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
I'm leaning towards "Thanos isn't actually thinking that far ahead". His entire plan for universal salvation was predicated on wiping out half of all life in it, but believing that would have any long term impact is naive.

That and, I s'pose if time travel is involved, it's less about seeing potential futures and more about seeing how the past might be changed, which we don't actually know if the Time Gem can show.

Also also, people have theorised that Strange fiddled with the Time Gem somehow. What if he took away its ability to see the future? If anyone could do it, he could, and it might not be something Thanos can undo.

I never thought of the Avengers action post-Infinity War as the past, but the future instead. From that point of view, I agree that this is the most likely outcome because we know Thanos to be fallible as he came close to losing twice (and his genuine love for Gamora being an obstacle), so giving him the tact to look at possible outcomes is uncharacteristic for him (but not for Dr. Strange, he's inquisitive after all).

Which makes me wonder, how will they handle this whole thing. When The Avengers time travel and start effecting the infinity stones in some way, will present-day Thanos start seeing his gems disappear before his eyes one by one or will there be a new set of infinity stones for the Avengers?

What would be really cool is if they introduce other universal weapons from the comics like The Heart of the Universe or something.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never thought of the Avengers action post-Infinity War as the past, but the future instead. From that point of view, I agree that this is the most likely outcome because we know Thanos to be fallible as he came close to losing twice (and his genuine love for Gamora being an obstacle), so giving him the tact to look at possible outcomes is uncharacteristic for him (but not for Dr. Strange, he's inquisitive after all).

Which makes me wonder, how will they handle this whole thing. When The Avengers time travel and start effecting the infinity stones in some way, will present-day Thanos start seeing his gems disappear before his eyes one by one or will there be a new set of infinity stones for the Avengers?

What would be really cool is if they introduce other universal weapons from the comics like The Heart of the Universe or something.

I don't think they'll take the gems away from him. When it comes to time travel plots, usually when trying to affect events or prevent them, it's best to be subtle about it so there's no way to know you meddled until it's too late to undo it.

I think they'll do something to the Infinity Gems, something to sabotage The Snap so that when the timeline resumes and he tells Thor he should've aimed for the head and snaps his fingers, nothing happens.

Then he uses the Space Gem to get out of Dodge and who's waiting for him on the other end? The time hopping Avengers who, realising their timeline no longer exists, defeat Thanos once and for all before they fade away, happy in the knowledge that their younger selves will never have to live through what they did.

Deleted member 52407

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
I don't think they'll take the gems away from him. When it comes to time travel plots, usually when trying to affect events or prevent them, it's best to be subtle about it so there's no way to know you meddled until it's too late to undo it.

I think they'll do something to the Infinity Gems, something to sabotage The Snap so that when the timeline resumes and he tells Thor he should've aimed for the head and snaps his fingers, nothing happens.

Then he uses the Space Gem to get out of Dodge and who's waiting for him on the other end? The time hopping Avengers who, realising their timeline no longer exists, defeat Thanos once and for all before they fade away, happy in the knowledge that their younger selves will never have to live through what they did.

I like it, especially the part where they fade. Yikes that's gripping to watch.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Dark World. It has some really fun parts that are marred by an overall uninspired plot. As far as villains go in the MCU, Malekith is probably the worst. Not saying he doesn't have competition down there, but he's really not well integrated. Dark World is kind of just... there.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Finished Dark World. It has some really fun parts that are marred by an overall uninspired plot. As far as villains go in the MCU, Malekith is probably the worst. Not saying he doesn't have competition down there, but he's really not well integrated. Dark World is kind of just... there.

There was a great movie stuck somewhere in the opening act when Thor had to bounce from Realm to realm putting a stop to wars and helping locals. A movie specifically focused on filling out the rest of the Nine Realms would have been awesome. There's so much there to explore that they've left on the table. It really should have been pared down to Thor & Loki and Lady Sif & The Warriors Three, with Malekith working against them to keep the realms in chaos.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There was a great movie stuck somewhere in the opening act when Thor had to bounce from Realm to realm putting a stop to wars and helping locals. A movie specifically focused on filling out the rest of the Nine Realms would have been awesome. There's so much there to explore that they've left on the table. It really should have been pared down to Thor & Loki and Lady Sif & The Warriors Three, with Malekith working against them to keep the realms in chaos.

That would have been much more compelling. Like, if the earth crew were people that absolutely had to be worked in, then have them doing stuff in different worlds as fish out of water, but I'd argue they're largely unnecessary. I understand why they're there, but the crew around Thor are much more interesting characters. You can still converge on earth at the end if you want "real-world" stakes if you want.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Wow, it's been a while. Turns out my wife is enjoying these films so much we've rocketed through them.

The Winter Soldier:- By far my favourite MCU film. Even knowing what's going to happen, it's still brilliant. So many twists and turns, great character development and stunning action sequences. I just love all of it, and i've easily seen this 10+ times, and it never, ever gets boring. The lift scene is so good.

Guardians 1: I enjoy this film, and it has some good moments but i've never really understood the hype it gets from everyone else - my wife loved it it though. Looking forward to rewatching the second one again, as i've only seen that once in the cinema.

Age of Ultron: Really really good and i think i forgot how much i liked this movie. It's really well written and it really does start to build up the cracks in the team and i really like Scarlet Witch too although she is in it much less than i remember. Sets up so much of the MCU later on, and fits in the characters nicely. The hammer scene is still great.

Ant-Man: Another personal favourite although i can understand why people think it's a bit light and generic. Think it's really funny, and the fight scenes are great. Love Scott too, just a likeable guy. I haven't actually seen Ant-Man and The Wasp so i'm looking forward to that.

Civil War: Gosh, this film is so good. Rockets along at a great pace, the new characters are so good and the backstory established i really liked. I'd genuinely forgotten how much i like this film, and how it develops the story and weaves in the plot threads. The scene with War Machine is chilling as ever.

Dr Strange tonight!

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Since I just rewatched so many of these last year in between Black Panther and Infinity War, I will probably do an abridged marathon of just the essentials after Captain Marvel. Thinking I'll focus on just Avengers, Winter Soldier, Age of Ultron, Civil War, Guardians 2, Ragnarok, then Infinity War. If I do one a week, that should take me right up to Endgame.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Got through Dr Strange, Guardians 2, Black Panther and Thor Ragnarok as of last night. I'd only ever seen all of these once so was good to view again.

Dr Strange - really enjoy this movie, i can understand why some say it's a little boring but i do really enjoy the film on the whole and Cumberbatch is great, obviously.

Guardians 2 - Only ever saw this in the cinema so i was looking forward to rewatching it - it really has terrific pacing and story, every beat hits and Yondu is excellent. My wife loved it - and more importantly Baby Groot.

Black Panther - Dragged a little in places for me, but upon a second watch i appreciated all the characters and design so much. it really is great and the main three characters(T'Challa, Shuri,Okoye) i really love and root for. Villian is great also, as is Andy Serkis.

Thor Ragnarok:- This really is a terrific film. The work done to put character into the hulk is great, and the Thor/Loki partnership is as great as ever. So, so funny too. One of the best marvel films for sure.

Infinity War at some point this week - my wifes first watch and she has no idea what is coming. At this point she has figured out the marvel formula - start with a scene of the villian, fake threat, the hero always wins. I showed her the Infinity War trailer last night which she said looked good, and upon the hearing of he can snap away half the universe she proudly proclaims - 'Yeah well he won't actually get to do it but i'm looking forward to seeing it'

This should be fun.

iamcool388

Nov 3, 2017
Got through Dr Strange, Guardians 2, Black Panther and Thor Ragnarok as of last night. I'd only ever seen all of these once so was good to view again.

Dr Strange - really enjoy this movie, i can understand why some say it's a little boring but i do really enjoy the film on the whole and Cumberbatch is great, obviously.

Guardians 2 - Only ever saw this in the cinema so i was looking forward to rewatching it - it really has terrific pacing and story, every beat hits and Yondu is excellent. My wife loved it - and more importantly Baby Groot.

Black Panther - Dragged a little in places for me, but upon a second watch i appreciated all the characters and design so much. it really is great and the main three characters(T'Challa, Shuri,Okoye) i really love and root for. Villian is great also, as is Andy Serkis.

Thor Ragnarok:- This really is a terrific film. The work done to put character into the hulk is great, and the Thor/Loki partnership is as great as ever. So, so funny too. One of the best marvel films for sure.

Infinity War at some point this week - my wifes first watch and she has no idea what is coming. At this point she has figured out the marvel formula - start with a scene of the villian, fake threat, the hero always wins. I showed her the Infinity War trailer last night which she said looked good, and upon the hearing of he can snap away half the universe she proudly proclaims - 'Yeah well he won't actually get to do it but i'm looking forward to seeing it'

This should be fun.

I'm really enjoying your journey through the MCU... do let us know what your wife thinks of Infinity War!

HotTakeCakes

Alt account
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Reading
So after Winter Soldier, we have the scene of Nick Fury burning his stuff and now keeping his head down with the premise that he's to remain dead. Then AoU comes along and he's popping up with another Helicarrier then said he called in some favours or something to that effect and we have Shield agents on board.

So what was the point of him being 'dead'?

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
So after Winter Soldier, we have the scene of Nick Fury burning his stuff and now keeping his head down with the premise that he's to remain dead. Then AoU comes along and he's popping up with another Helicarrier then said he called in some favours or something to that effect and we have Shield agents on board.

So what was the point of him being 'dead'?

For one, it helped make that scene a complete surprise.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Running a little behind, but still in position to be done before Captain Marvel. Watched Ant-Man and Civil War yesterday.

I really enjoy Ant-man. I'm going to throw out the f-word here, but it really is a fun movie. Paul Rudd is great as Scott Lang, and him and his crew really make it work. The villain is pretty lame, and the whole "the particles are messing with your mind!" is actually some of the most narrative hand-wavy stuff in the MCU. It's literally two lines thrown out there. That's it. They never let us see a change, because he just starts out at asshole-state.

Civil War, man. Is forgotten how dark this movie was. Like, the third act is so personal and intense for everyone involved. I still find Tony's motivation for signing the accords to be lacking, and the woman whose son died who confronts him... it's like, yeah, that is tragic. But who else/ how many more would have died if they hadn't been there. That Tony never approaches it from that angle will always seem weird. I actually like Zemo quite a bit. He's certainly understated and minimal, but he shows what a house of cards the entire group is.

Doctor Strange next!

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Zemo is probably my favorite MCU villain, no joke. Just raw grief and anger from a regular dude who figured out how to make the people he hated kill each other.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Running a little behind, but still in position to be done before Captain Marvel. Watched Ant-Man and Civil War yesterday.

I really enjoy Ant-man. I'm going to throw out the f-word here, but it really is a fun movie. Paul Rudd is great as Scott Lang, and him and his crew really make it work. The villain is pretty lame, and the whole "the particles are messing with your mind!" is actually some of the most narrative hand-wavy stuff in the MCU. It's literally two lines thrown out there. That's it. They never let us see a change, because he just starts out at asshole-state.

Civil War, man. Is forgotten how dark this movie was. Like, the third act is so personal and intense for everyone involved. I still find Tony's motivation for signing the accords to be lacking, and the woman whose son died who confronts him... it's like, yeah, that is tragic. But who else/ how many more would have died if they hadn't been there. That Tony never approaches it from that angle will always seem weird. I actually like Zemo quite a bit. He's certainly understated and minimal, but he shows what a house of cards the entire group is.

Doctor Strange next!

Creepiest scene in the MCU is when Yellowjacket flushes that man down the toilet.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I think at that point, Tony is just looking for a feel-good win. He's broken up with Pepper, is really feeling lonely and missing his parents, knows that Ultron was his fault and Sokovia was a PR disaster, and he still knows that something big is on the way. And then comes an opportunity to stand with the world's leaders and accept responsibility while looking like heroes, and all of his friends beside him... but then Captain America, the rule-and-law abiding guy who he probably thinks would be the first one to sign up for this, says he won't do it and it halves the Avengers. From there Tony's trying to wrangle the situation his way and everything just spins further and further out of control.

That's my interpretation of where he's coming from, anyways. It's less to do with what's happening at the beginning of the film, and more to do with all the events before the film started. The woman there is just to remind/inform the audience about the Sokovia disaster.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017

Civil War, man. Is forgotten how dark this movie was. Like, the third act is so personal and intense for everyone involved. I still find Tony's motivation for signing the accords to be lacking, and the woman whose son died who confronts him... it's like, yeah, that is tragic. But who else/ how many more would have died if they hadn't been there. That Tony never approaches it from that angle will always seem weird.

Doctor Strange next!

Tony feels responsible for creating Ultron in the first place, though. Whether it's one person or everyone on Earth, he's taken that on his shoulders. He knows that he can't stop himself, and needs the accords to keep HIM in check.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think at that point, Tony is just looking for a feel-good win. He's broken up with Pepper, is really feeling lonely and missing his parents, knows that Ultron was his fault and Sokovia was a PR disaster, and he still knows that something big is on the way. And then comes an opportunity to stand with the world's leaders and accept responsibility while looking like heroes, and all of his friends beside him... but then Captain America, the rule-and-law abiding guy who he probably thinks would be the first one to sign up for this, says he won't do it and it halves the Avengers. From there Tony's trying to wrangle the situation his way and everything just spins further and further out of control.

That's my interpretation of where he's coming from, anyways. It's less to do with what's happening at the beginning of the film, and more to do with all the events before the film started. The woman there is just to remind/inform the audience about the Sokovia disaster.
Tony feels responsible for creating Ultron in the first place, though. Whether it's one person or everyone on Earth, he's taken that on his shoulders. He knows that he can't stop himself, and needs the accords to keep HIM in check.

Those are both good reasons. It's just felt so counter to what we'd previously seen of Tony and happened really fast, and the impetus being the grieving mother just didn't make sense to me. I'd have rather seen him admit he failed, at least to himself, as the reason why. Or at least have someone call him out. Black Widow kind of does towards the end when she brings up his ego, but the only thing he ever admits to screwing up about is blaming Buckey during his conversation with Falcon on the Raft.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Those are both good reasons. It's just felt so counter to what we'd previously seen of Tony and happened really fast, and the impetus being the grieving mother just didn't make sense to me. I'd have rather seen him admit he failed, at least to himself, as the reason why. Or at least have someone call him out. Black Widow kind of does towards the end when she brings up his ego, but the only thing he ever admits to screwing up about is blaming Buckey during his conversation with Falcon on the Raft.

Hoping that Endgame, presuming this is the end of his arc one way or the other, will give us this.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Those are both good reasons. It's just felt so counter to what we'd previously seen of Tony and happened really fast, and the impetus being the grieving mother just didn't make sense to me. I'd have rather seen him admit he failed, at least to himself, as the reason why. Or at least have someone call him out. Black Widow kind of does towards the end when she brings up his ego, but the only thing he ever admits to screwing up about is blaming Buckey during his conversation with Falcon on the Raft was his
Tony does say Ultron was his fault in Civil War when they're all discussing whether to sign the Accords. He says it in front of everybody.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017

You know if he wants the populations to mind their population, and he can reverse the snap and they all remember it, it would be a life changing event for every person involved. He could have proven himself right and "saved" everyone while giving them a second chance to do things better than the path to self destruction the galaxy was going towards

This should be fun.
Please @ me when you post about it lol. The best thing ever is hearing stories of people who had no idea it was coming and how emotionally devastated they are.

Last edited:

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
The Stark/Rogers reunion, in whatever form it takes, will be Top 5 MCU moments I'm sure.

That is, if we get a reunion... how cruel would it be for Tony to come across Cap's dead body and not be able to make amends, or visa versa?

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
So, what would we think if they end up undoing the snapture, so that no one (except the heroes who undo it) remembered it? I kind of think that would make both IW and EG kind of...pointless. I think there has to be some lasting effects (and not just cap or tony's death)

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
So, what would we think if they end up undoing the snapture, so that no one (except the heroes who undo it) remembered it? I kind of think that would make both IW and EG kind of...pointless. I think there has to be some lasting effects (and not just cap or tony's death)
I can see why they would do that; realistically an event like the Snapture would entirely change the landscape of the world, the way people react to things, the way they behave, the way the world is run; it's a little difficult to fit that into every film when they're trying to tell other stories. Like Spider-Man Far From Home, why isn't Spidey completely traumatised? Why is he allowed to go to Europe?

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I can see why they would do that; realistically an event like the Snapture would entirely change the landscape of the world, the way people react to things, the way they behave, the way the world is run; it's a little difficult to fit that into every film when they're trying to tell other stories.

Yeah, I understand that too, I just kind of wish there was a better balance. At least in infinity Gauntlet, the change was almost immediate, whereas in EG, 5 years have passed since the snap, so it has more weight. But, considering far from home, I guess they're probably going to undo it.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I understand that too, I just kind of wish there was a better balance. At least in infinity Gauntlet, the change was almost immediate, whereas in EG, 5 years have passed since the snap, so it has more weight. But, considering far from home, I guess they're probably going to undo it.
Have we had that time gap confirmed yet?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

It's a comic book movie - why does it have to have lasting effects?

The alternate universe/time reset is fairly common and if done well it's perfectly fine.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
It's a comic book movie - why does it have to have lasting effects?

The alternate universe/time reset is fairly common and if done well it's perfectly fine.

Yeah, that's why Shield exists, the Avengers are back together in IW, Asgard isn't destroyed in IW, Quicksilver isn't dead, Ultron didn't destroy skovia (setting up one of the major plot lines in civil war), Crossbones didn't blow himself up (setting up one of the major plotlines in civil war), T'chaka was alive in the black panther movie. Because there aren't any lasting effects in super hero movies. *rolls eyes*

Ronin1138

Banned
Jan 10, 2019
I just watched the first cap movie on iTunes and noticed it still has the paramount logo. Does this weeks 4K release finally remove the paramount branding or is it just something that's going to remain forever as part of their contract with Disney?

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Spiderman's bus in Infinity War was going on the field trip and then when the events are undone in Endgame he'll go on his trip like nothing happened, even though things will be completely different.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018

Doctor Strange next!

Know what you mean about Civil War. That shot with War Machine still gets me - the lack of background music, Tonys expression and then the Thud in the ground just before Tony gets there. Chilling stuff. Zemo is also a great villian - if he is even that. Just a guy who is trying to redeem his family in a really smart way. Aside from Thanos, he is probably the best villian the MCU has put out.