• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to see the Rock as Disney's new Professor X.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's like ghost of 13 years old, easily trolled, sassy girl possessed him.
1511846948910.png
Looks like Trump caliber tweets

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I love The Rock, but in my opinion, Dave Bautista is the best wrestler turned actor. Dude was good in every film he's been in, and has been in some good franchises. Marvel, 007, and Blade Runner.... sheesh

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love The Rock, but in my opinion, Dave Bautista is the best wrestler turned actor. Dude was good in every film he's been in, and has been in some good franchises. Marvel, 007, and Blade Runner.... sheesh

Dave doesn't get the same kind of recognition because outside of Drax he is usually a fairly small role in the films he is in and hasn' been the "leading man" in any blockbuster.

But I do agree he is a pretty surprisingly solid actor

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I seem to remember a similar argument on the old place trying to say Bautista was better than The Rock. Or maybe John Cena being better?

Not sure but whoever tried to do that was rightfully shredded to pieces.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Dave doesn't get the same kind of recognition because outside of Drax he is usually a fairly small role in the films he is in and hasn' been the "leading man" in any blockbuster.

But I do agree he is a pretty surprisingly solid actor
Exactly. Not sure if Dave is even into the leading man type of roles(surprisingly some actors aren't) but I think if he keeps it up, he can have a more prestigious career than The Rock.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I seem to remember a similar argument on the old place trying to say Bautista was better than The Rock. Or maybe John Cena being better?

Not sure but whoever tried to do that was rightfully shredded to pieces.
Well now that Bautista has been in Blade Runner, 007, the Marvel movies and possibly more stuff on the way, I think the argument is up for debate. I'm not talking celebrity status, money, or movies made at all. Just pure acting chops.

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well now that Bautista has been in Blade Runner, 007, the Marvel movies and possibly more stuff on the way, I think the argument is up for debate. I'm not talking celebrity status, money, or movies made at all. Just pure acting chops.

He could just be playing himself as Drax, that's the easy part

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure Batista is starring in Escape Plan 2, Escape Plan 3, and Kickboxer: Vengeance because he wants to be a purely dramatic actor.

Lmao

The Rock could do great in small roles too but I imagine he puts his rate really high and only accepts leading roles. I bet if he put the word out that he was open to smaller appearances he'd get some good movies as well

Also people are so quick to forget Moana which he was so good in as a voice actor. Miss me with that John Cena shit. That cg bull movie looks like ass

SmarmySmurf

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I remember back when he slimmed down and started doing movies, he seemed like a pretty nice guy on talk shows and such even though I didn't know much about him (don't like wrestling). Is it just my lack of familiarity or has he turned into a kind of trollish ass? Was this his character in wrestling?

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hilarious how seriously people are taking this.

Universe fanboys are worse than console fanboys.

Deleted member 11157

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Miz is recording Marine 6. I'll wait for that movie to come out before proclaiming Big Dave as the best wrestler actor.

Peristerium

Oct 28, 2017
dave-bautista.jpg

I prefer Batista WAY MORE than the Rock, he really want to be an actor, not a movie star.

Bautista never plays himself that's what's so good about him. All of his characters are different. They are the characters and not him. I certainly didn't expect him to be that good when he first showed up as Drax.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
The Rock should've been the Savage Dragon, it would have just been makeup and prosthetics for the fin too since Dwayne is already HGHed up.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Batista wants to be an actor and not a movie star. You almost got me.

Rock is doing Rock things, like usual. He playing Black Adam, so of course hes going to bat for his character and brand. Did the same with baywatch, doing the same here.

Deleted member 225

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guys. Movies aren't real. They're fake. They determine everything ahead of time and film it with a camera.

Butz

Nov 21, 2017
My favourite bit was when he took to Twitter and channelled Donald Trump. All that was missing was "Sad!" and some vague threats about Hillary/North Korea/CNN/etc.

I didn't buy "for the fans" when it was used for BvS and Suicide Squad, certainly didn't buy it for Baywatch.

I read that tweet before reading what you wrote and "Trump" immediately came to mind after reading it. The Rock's a strange cat.

Flamin' Galah

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Rock doing what The Rock can only do best. And it's getting people talking while also helping promote his latest film.