• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
There was a time that figure was worth literal gold.

And just for curiosity sake since I'm broke as hell, do you happen to have Cancer and Leo gold cloths? normal myth no EX.

Also in Europe the market for figures was Spain and France with a little Italy if you want to try them.

Nope, never got those. And yeah, I remember how huge the price was for that version of Seiya back then, but no one would actually even think about buying him. XD

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
The DIC Dub was the worst thing ever.
Also, for the netflix series, making Shun a girl was so tone deaf if they kept the personality the same. Not a lot of thought went into this

Deleted member 5148

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I'm extremely happy with the quality , dub and it's in so many languages !

Netflix makes it hard to find tho ...I typed saint seiya and it didn't come out -- until I saw something that started with "collection of saint seiya" so that's how I found it.

I'm scared to watch what's available in Netflix because I hear this is the first season?

And I do not want to get hooked and than sad it's not complete. :(

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda hoping this new push from netflix revives the marketing too. Saint Seiya figures are among the most impressive anime figures.

DBbJ8qrl_o.jpg
2N2pKfzB_o.jpg
rlFp3eeL_o.jpg

They are kinda hard to find now, even at release. Back in the lastest craze you could just enter a toy shop and find them, the boxes and instructives were even localized.

I've always enjoyed looking at Seiya SH Figuarts. They are really nice! There's a local snack shop here where the owner has a bunch of glass cases full of his figures. On one side are his Seiya figures, and the gold ones are soooo nice looking! It looks like nowadays they are mostly Bandai exclusive, and every time I see one import site I use put them up, they sell out pretty much immediately :x

OP
OP
Mewzard

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
So far I'm enjoying my years overdue rewatch of Saint Seiya. The dialogue occasionally just cracks me up:

unknown.png

Thanks for including that in the dub script as well, I needed the laugh after this long day. Going to remember this scene when I watch Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back with Reboot tomorrow.

You know, I hope this dubbing phase continues through the old anime, into the Hades OVAs, and even hits the Movies and spin-offs. Let's go 100% in Netflix.

I mean

Seiya vs Shiryu is already pretty gruesome by itself

Oh yeah, that fight is super intense, the series was not afraid to get bloody.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
As a super young kid in the late 80s/early 90s, I watched Ronin Warriors then decided these Saint dudes looked like some dweebs and never got into it beyond a few episodes.

Might as well watch it now I guess.

OP
OP
Mewzard

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
As a super young kid in the late 80s/early 90s, I watched Ronin Warriors then decided these Saint dudes looked like some dweebs and never got into it beyond a few episodes.

Fun note, Ronin Warriors (Yoroiden Samurai Troopers) took a fair bit of influence from Saint Seiya, and ran towards the second half of Saint Seiya's run.

Do let us know what you think, I'd love to hear more about people's first time with the series.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
By the way, in Latin America they added it, it's complete and they divided it in 6 seasons, note that the later episodes do not have english subs/dubs unlike the earlier episodes, so I guess they simple weren't translated yet.

I've never watched this. I hope Virgo isn't a scrub.

He's probably the second strongest Gold Saint after Saga.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019

Ronin Warriors is ass compared to Saint Seiya. I liked Ronin Warriors as a kid but looking back it doesn't hold up that well.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
By the way, in Latin America they added it, it's complete and they divided it in 6 seasons, note that the later episodes do not have english subs/dubs unlike the earlier episodes, so I guess they simple weren't translated yet.

Is there English dubbing after the initial 15 episodes? Because while there might be 41 episodes up in NA, uhh the English dub just straight disappears after episode 15. Super disappointing I was really enjoying it..

OP
OP
Mewzard

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
Ah episode 3, the Cygnus vs Hydra fight. I always did love Hyoga's intro fight, though yeah, changing Hyoga's motivation from the manga kinda sucked.

I liked that Sanctuary sent Hyoga there to assassinate the traitors breaking the rule about fighting for personal gain, yet he ends up being convinced to stay his hand when he sees there must be some greater reason for their fighting.

Is there English dubbing after the initial 15 episodes? Because while there might be 41 episodes up in NA, uhh the English dub just straight disappears after episode 15. Super disappointing I was really enjoying it..

I mean, it takes time to make a dub. We'll probably get it "season by season" as time goes on.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I mean, it takes time to make a dub. We'll probably get it "season by season" as time goes on.

Sure... But I was first and foremost making sure I did not have a unique problem. But secondly, their method of distribution makes no sense. This is a 100+ episode show I believe? Of which Netflix added the first 41. Of which 15 are dubbed. Are they going to add this show to their Recently Added if they decide to upload more sub-only seasons? Or as they upload completed dubs?

Netflix tend to be extremely inconsistent in how they handle dubs and distribution, and I would imagine long time fans (I'm a newcomer) would like to see the show be as successful as possible, given its history in NA. But I think Netflix do a great job of sabotaging themselves.

Baki - uploaded in completed seasons. Even when the second season was already complete they waited until dubbing before uploading
Saint Seiya Lost Canvas - Apparently started out with sub only before adding individual episodes dubs
One Punch Man - Had the dub... Until it didn't, now sub only
The Devil is a Part-Timer - Same issue (I get these last two are probably licensing issues)

There might be more examples but it's just something I've noticed that unless I actively go through their lists, clicking on each title and checking the audio options, I have no clue what I can even watch in English.

It's not the end of the world, but this show definitely looks like the most unique dub distribution method yet. From a marketing perspective, I absolutely think they should have only uploaded what they had dubbed.

But oh well, I started watching Hunter x Hunter instead, a surprisingly baller show considering I hadn't liked a couple of random episodes I caught on Adult Swim. Hope I remember to come back to this some vague date in the future when they may have or may have not uploaded dubs!

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Is this confirmed to be a new dub btw ?

I don't have access to it as I don't have a VPN.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019

As much as it pains me to admit, as I love saga the most, shaka is the strongest. His cosmo ia the strongest.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hydra Episode 3: Hehehehe uweeeee. Die from my poison!

Hydra Episode 5: Oh no, please don't die Shiryu!

Also Hyoga said he "sent him to hell" but...?

Something about Hydra's character design tickles me. He even looks like that as a kid 😂

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yo Jabu lost to the weakest looking Saint and then got bitch slapped by the villain.

Can't believe I thought this Hesei Secondary was main character potential. 🙄

Hikari_Ryu

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
Love people watching Saint Seiya for the first time, one of the better animes I watched. The OST is god tier. Speaking of tiers, Gold Saints tierlist:

-Top Tier
Aioros
Saga
Dohko
Shaka
Camus
Mu

-Middle Tier
Aioria
Milo
Shura

-Low Tier
Aphrodite
Death Mask
Aldebaran

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Love people watching Saint Seiya for the first time, one of the better animes I watched. The OST is god tier. Speaking of tiers, Gold Saints tierlist:

-Top Tier
Aioros
Saga
Dohko
Shaka
Camus
Mu

-Middle Tier
Aioria
Milo
Shura

-Low Tier
Aphrodite
Death Mask
Aldebaran

Man Shiryu destroying Death Mask is too good. It fit both him and Aphrodite get trashed that hard.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
started watching this again this morning, i only saw like half of the first episode, LOTS OF BLOOD lol

so many memories

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Netflix needs to add the OVA's too, at least the Asgard one for the best Cloth ever made:
latest