• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I watch the trilogy every Christmas, I am looking forward to this.

And I am 100% prepared to be disapointed when Tim Allen says something abhorrent and gets it canned.

CupOfDoom

Dec 17, 2017
Why do they keep insisting on making more sequels to a movie whose entire premise was a legal pun.

Did people seriously not get sick of them after the third one?

Like the first one was pretty good but, the sequels were not.

jesterkap2

Oct 28, 2017
The original movie is a masterpiece and a top 3 christmas movie (Elf and Jingle All the Way being the others). The sequels are bad and then atrocious. This series is a bad idea.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
So all the folks who said they were done with Disney because of Tim not voicing Buzz will they uncancel Disney and watch this?

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I watched all three movies last winter.

First is still a classic

Second was....okay

Third was wtf why make it lol

And now a TV series? what.

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019
I watch the trilogy every Christmas, I am looking forward to this.

And I am 100% prepared to be disapointed when Tim Allen says something abhorrent and gets it canned.
Honestly, if anything, this show has the best in-universe justification to write him off. It's literally the plot of the first movie.

"Where is <Insert Tim Allen's Character's Name>?"
"He lost the coat and this new guy put it on."
Audience: I 'member

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
Remember when conservatives were throwing a big fit claiming that Disney "fired" Tim Allen as the voice of Buzz for "not being woke enough" even though this fucking series was announced to be in development with him in it months ago?

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
As a kid, I tried watching the audio commentary of the second or third movie and the director started off acting like everything with Santa was real and I thought it was just an opening bit, but it kept going and I shut it off.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finally a TV series where Tim Allen goes house to house giving children cocaine instead of trying to sell it at airports. Thank you, Disney.

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
I'll watch for the nostalgia.

Disney better have a talk with Tim and take his twitter away.

Saikyo

Oct 25, 2017
The only reason the third movie exist:
hakd9dnky8241.jpg

And that's it.

OP
OP
ContractHolder

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Why do they keep insisting on making more sequels to a movie whose entire premise was a legal pun.

People have been regularly rewatching all three films on D+ during the holidays. All the films are in the top US trending.

... So yeah, there's an audience.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
2 sequels exist and it's pure garbage

Also what happens to Charlie?
he must be in jail.

"The Santa Clauses" is set some time after the events of "The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause" and picks up with Scott Calvin on the brink of his 65[SUP]th[/SUP] birthday. Realizing he can't be Santa forever as he suddenly starts to lose his Santa magic, he sets out to find a suitable replacement Santa while preparing his family for a new adventure in a life south of the North Pole.

he has too. all the shenanigans hes been into.

also i thought santa doesn't really age. he just dies off if everyone stops watching his movies.

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
he must be in jail.

"The Santa Clauses" is set some time after the events of "The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause" and picks up with Scott Calvin on the brink of his 65[SUP]th[/SUP] birthday. Realizing he can't be Santa forever as he suddenly starts to lose his Santa magic, he sets out to find a suitable replacement Santa while preparing his family for a new adventure in a life south of the North Pole.

he has too. all the shenanigans hes been into.

also i thought santa doesn't really age. he just dies off if everyone stops watching his movies.
If we go by cannon he stated in that film that we wanted to stay in the family business and become the next santa

WaluigiTime

Oct 27, 2017
Good Burger
I hope the series is about people discovering that when Santa dies they become Santa. So Tim Allen spends the entire series trying to avoid being assassinated by deranged people who want to be Santa.

Gengahrrr

Oct 25, 2017
they airbrushed tf out his face

and I'm guessing the dude on the far left who looks straight out of the disney channel child actor's factory is supposed to be Charlie

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
who is santa at the end of the third movie

why are none of these people body-horror'd into a santa in this photo

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017

even weirder imo that the last movie is nearly 20 years old. i could understand if they rebooted it with new cast or something