• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Original tweet (from someone who also rang the warning bells for Batman v. Superman well before anyone else):

Some more context:

Some responses from people who would be in a position to see a leaked script:

An alleged plot point of the film:

Last edited:

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So it includes "problematic" elements, or it's actually bad? Sounds like some overreaction to me. I guess we'll see when it actually comes out.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
While The Killing Joke is one of Moore's weaker works (he said so himself), the book did call out/criticize the Joker and that Tyler Durden archetype of "enlightenment through detachment."

You can make me be sympathetic towards the Joker, but don't make the story about him being "right."

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So it includes "problematic" elements, or it's actually bad? Sounds like some overreaction to me. I guess we'll see when it actually comes out.
I think the issue seems to be they are probably going too far in trying to make Joker a sympathetic creature so shitheads will fall over themselves to view joker as the hero who is standing up to all the bullshit

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Someone posted a supposed plot point. I'm spoiler tagging it (the tweet itself is scrambled and needs a website to unscramble it), but just in case...

If this isn't allowed mods can remove it.

Oct 27, 2017
Idolizing The Joker and taking the wrong ideas away from the character wouldn't be anything new, people unironically did it for The Dark Knight and Suicide Squad, as well as just in general.

We'll have to see how some of these problematic elements whatever they may be actually translates to screen.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
I honestly wasn't expecting much from the director of the Hangover trilogy since only the first is good, but now I'm morbidly curious to see if this will be a trainwreck.
Someone posted a supposed plot point. I'm spoiler tagging it (the tweet itself is scrambled and needs a website to unscramble it), but just in case...

If that's true...
giphy.gif

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
It looked too serious in the trailer, I wanted something more Tim Burton Jack Nicholson to be honest

I know we got that already but I guess I always wanted more of it

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
What does the tweet say? Can't see it for some reason.

There's something that I HOPE doesn't happen in the movie so I'm really hoping it doesn't go that direction.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The trailer seemed to be going for something that if they failed to achieve might make for a really special movie, in all the wrong ways.

I'll hold out hope since the trailer was at least intriguing. But, if it goes bad, I expect it to go fucking baaaaad.

What does the tweet say? Can't see it for some reason.

There's something that I HOPE doesn't happen in the movie so I'm really hoping it doesn't go that direction.

Joker kills the only real woman character in the movie for turning down his advances.

Just a rumor at this point, at least.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda had a bad feeling when I read it was being re-written while it was shooting.

Guess I'll see when it releases

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If this tweet is true...
I'm not surprised they'd have Joker be the Joker because a woman turned him down. It is also very tonedeaf to have a woman be the only major woman in the film and get fridged to further the dude's story arc.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
What am I missing about that tweet? It's gibberish.

Never mind. For some reason it's stupidly scrambled.