• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
What am I missing about that tweet? It's gibberish.

Never mind. For some reason it's stupidly scrambled.
Use the linked website in that tweet to unscramble the sentence
Wbxre xvyyf n jbzna sbe gheavat qbja uvf ebznagvp nqinaprf, frrzvatyl gur bayl znwbe jbzna va gur fgbel gbb.

Joker kills a woman for turning down his romantic advances, seemingly the only major woman in the story too.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Someone posted a supposed plot point. I'm spoiler tagging it (the tweet itself is scrambled and needs a website to unscramble it), but just in case...

If this isn't allowed mods can remove it.

For people who can't access the Tweet or unscramble it:

Joker kills a woman for turning down his romantic advances, seemingly the only major woman in the story too.

Nov 30, 2017
I don't know seems that's what serial killers do. How does one scene make for a bad movie?

I'm not really excited for this movie. I don't need to see a psychotic serial killer as a protagonist.

But one bad scene doesn't mean the movie is bad.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Sigh...well this just ruined my night. That trailer is so fucking good too damn it!

And if that scrambled tweet is true wtf!

smdh I'm going to bed.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I mean, I don't think Joker being that kind of piece of shit is a problem so much as it is the worship around his character that's hilariously stupid.

Let's see how the rest of the movie treats this. If it's as mediocre as they're implying it is then at least we have the dumb memes to fallback on lol
T9bCWCQ.jpg

Last edited:

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Is that it?
Sicko Incel Mode?

I'm gonna need more than that, or is it somehow executed THAT bad???
Bad Person does something Bad is something I expect from this movie

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I want you guys to think carefully about the optics where

the only notable woman in the movie gets killed because they rejected the male lead.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't that something the Joker would do tho? Like, why are people upset. Will see how it works on screen.

the only notable woman in the movie gets killed because they rejected the male lead.

I want you to think about the Joker and his relationship with women.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Is that it?
Sicko Incel Mode?

I'm gonna need more than that, or is it somehow executed THAT bad???
Bad Person does something Bad is something I expect from this movie

That's just one part of what makes it bad it seems, not that that's the whole reason why.

Oh well I'm still in for Joaquin but hype has been lowered a good deal atm.

Tygerjaw

Oct 25, 2017
I knew I was getting my hopes too high. That's what you get for believing that Todd Phillips could change.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'll have to wait to see how it plays out but that spoiler in of itself doesn't throw me off considering the numerous fucked up shit the Joker has done. That said considering this is from the director of The Hangover I'm not expecting much.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017

Huh, and this is a big screen picture with a wide audience, gonna wait for more details but I can see it now
Is the woman he was bathing in the trailers his mom? I honestly didn't expect her to live considering this is a story of how a person becomes twisted, so are you saying "the only notable" woman and we know there is another character that important to the Joker?

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
The problem is if the movie glorifies it or does nothing with it, which seems very likely at this point.
How do you know? You've seen the movie? It seems like people are getting worked up over one scene without the context of the movie. Like if it's just like that then sure, it's bad. But like I'm not gonna pre judge it based off a leak of something the Joker would legit do.

Oct 26, 2017
This seems like the big worry people had leading up to this film. But it should also be noted the script was seemingly changed a lot on set.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I am not writing off the film until I see it; the action itself seems completely in line with the character.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
So I feel of two ways about this

1) If its just joker being a bad person... then yeah jokers a bad person. Homie abused harly quinn for decades. If this movie is about a decent of a man, and him turning into an awful human being... I don't see what the issue is. Joker is an awful human.

2) If the try to lionize him, or try and make him look like some sort of hero, then oh god. Oh god why, that's so tone deaf, holy shit. What are you doing, abort , fucking abort

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Huh, and this is a big screen picture with a wide audience, gonna wait for more details but I can see it now
Is the woman he was bathing in the trailers his mom? I honestly didn't expect her to live considering this is a story of how a person becomes twisted, so are you saying "the only notable" woman and we know there is another character that important to the Joker?

I'm going off the tweet where they say "seemingly the only major one."

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Sounds like something a depraved misanthrope like the Joker, a villain, would do or look up to.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I'm assuming the character in question is whoever Zazie Beetz is playing.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
We live in a society where rising up against the wealthy 1% is deemed heroic and necessary, but rising up against the Chads and Stacies elicits oofs and yikes.

Newsflash: They are the 1%

Last edited:

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

1) If its just joker being a bad person... then yeah jokers a bad person. Homie abused harly quinn for decades. If this movie is about a decent of a man, and him turning into an awful human being... I don't see what the issue is. Joker is an awful human.

2) If the try to lionize him, or try and make him look like some sort of hero, then oh god. Oh god why, that's so tone deaf, holy shit. What are you doing, abort , fucking abort
2. Is what we all fear this film will be.

I don't think anyone (including myself) have a problem with 1.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I mean I don't know what people expected from a Joker movie, I would expect exactly what that spoiler is.

It's completely dependent on how the movie frames it

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Drew McWeeny is my favorite reviewer of all time. He does get access to stuff like that all the time for more than 2 decades now.

I trust him. I'd only check out this if it got good reviews anyway, but I fully expect to be this year's Venom. Never saw that one either.

McWeeny loves MoS and I don't. If this gets raves for at least some other reviewers I like, I'll check it out. If not, good riddance. It's not part of DC's shared universe anyway.

Pretty much this. If the 2 option it's what they are going for, fuck WB.

Last edited:

fade

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I read the spoiler and am I missing something? That doesn't seem out of character at all for Joker. Maybe it needs more context.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I don't know what people expected from a Joker movie, I would expect exactly what that spoiler is.

It's completely dependent on how the movie frames it
It's not what he does though. It's how the film frames it, and the Joker. Which is the potential problem. (ie. Incel the movie)

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017

Judging from the reactions it sounds like a mix of 1 and 2. Joker becomes a monster but the movie still wants the audience to be on his side.